Elizabethton Vs Daniel Boone

4down1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car titles on that one Reno?

Trully, it should be a fantastic contest to watch and I look forward to it. The Cyclone young men had the best week of practice that they have had all year. After watching the work this week, I am impressed with thier execution, but I still trully believe that defense will be the deciding factor. Defense brings on turnovers and it will spell disaster for one of the teams.

17, I'm ready for the crow if needed and if you would be so nice, you might as well keep a few handy because we'll (Reno, Blazer58, you and I) be dining on it sooner or later. Maybe not this weekend for me.

Edited by GLee

Keys to the game:

Cyclones: Try and get the early lead like you did against the Longhorns. Wrap up and tackle well. Good mixture of run and pass.

Boone: Avoid early turnovers. Keep Kennedy from making big plays. Ball control offense.

Better include "smoked" crow on the menu for one side. I for one do not think this game will be close. One side or the other will win by two scores or more.

hard to say what is going to happen in this one. on one hand you have an elizabethton team that is itching for some "greatness" this year and has a good record against boone. on the other hand you have one of the best boone teams in school history itching to beat an elizabethton team for the first time as well as going on to the next round of the playoffs.

Don't know much about Elizabethton this year, just that they had a tough start, but have pulled into a 5-5.

Boone apparently has a good team this year, but lost two big games to Mo-West and Sullivan North. They crushed G-ville, but almost lost at the end of the Mo-East game to fumbles.

It's been like this in all of boone school history: you never know who is going to show up. you might see the greatest display of football ever on a high school field or you are going to see some kids who act like middle school football players.

That being said, of course I am pulling for my Boone boys. Last time they faced Elizabethton during the playoffs was 1999 and that was the last game that I personally played in. Some people may be looking at this as an important playoff game, but I can tell you that Boone is more interested (right now) in beating an Elizabethton team for the first time. It'll be a fun game to watch, don't know if I have the time to go see it, but hey there ya have it.

Boone 21 Elizabethton 14

Boone Pride!

I'll have to ride with Cow Town on this one, 21-14, but you really never know. Boone is favored by 4, but Cow Town was picked to win by the Press.

I'm stuck in the middle with friends on both sides of the ball, but I'll stick with my earlier prediction. Analyze schedules and the mid-season Cow Town surge and you may come up with the same assumption. Everyone wants to see their kids win, but I think Cow Town has taken a much harder road to the playoffs and I think that will make the difference. In any event, who knows? Anything can happen on Friday nights. You never know how kids will react under such pressure which I think is overbrewing in Gray moreso than in the Cyclone camp, where they are more accustomed to this time of year. Much luck to both teams.

B)B)

I'm stuck in the middle with friends on both sides of the ball, but I'll stick with my earlier prediction. Analyze schedules and the mid-season Cow Town surge and you may come up with the same assumption. Everyone wants to see their kids win, but I think Cow Town has taken a much harder road to the playoffs and I think that will make the difference. In any event, who knows? Anything can happen on Friday nights. You never know how kids will react under such pressure which I think is overbrewing in Gray moreso than in the Cyclone camp, where they are more accustomed to this time of year. Much luck to both teams.

:thumb::blink:

You make a really good point there. Cyclones do have a lot more post season experience than Boone. Cyclones have gone every year that I can think of from 1996-2005 (sorry don't know much more than that about them, i'm sure there are more). Boone has only been to the play-offs four other times besides this (1997, 1998, 1999, 200*).

Bethton definetly knows how to stay cool in the playoffs, so I'm keeping that in mind when I think that this game will be close. I honestly like your assessment, only putting my team forward because....it's my team. 4 points either way looks good though.

I still think this game will come down to one simple thing: Stopping Boones 3 offensive weapons. If the Cyclones can do it, its going to be a long night in Gray for the Blazers. If the Cyclones don't stop that offense, this game can go wide open.

I played under Coach Jenkins (both of them) and I was very happy when he was named the head coach. When you talk about a dream job for someone, this is his dream job, to head back to his old school and coach the game he loves. If you can put something for Boone in this game, you can be sure that Coach Jenkins will have his team pumped up and ready for a hard knocking game. This is a game that all of the former Boone players want Boone to win. We could never beat the Cyclones, and that is always going to be something that Boone will have in their head when they meet them. That fact alone will make this game a hard one, even if Elizabethton doesn't have a shining record like they usually do. This will be a good game, can't wait till kick off time.

I wouldn't doubt that FormerBlazer is right. A 4 pt. contest going either way could very well be the way it ends up. I don't see a 'blow out' from either side. Both teams will lay it on the line tonight, wihout a doubt, as will everyone's team playing tonight. Enjoy, this game could be the most entertaining of all, but I'm quite often wrong.............. ;)

This should be a great one. And regardless of what anyone has to say about EHS, they always seem to peak at the right time. You can throw regular season out the window, because they know that it is win or go home.

Too close to call.

Glee and THSVIking have it about right. If ever there are two teams in my old divsion (Big 6) who you can always count on for a good playoff showing, it is TN High and Bethton. Boone will definetly have a tough on one their hands, though they'll have one more fan as I am going to a game for the first time in about 5 years. This should help them pull through (jk)

Boone Pride! Woot!

If the score I see posted is correct, Boone wins 35-28. Must have been a great game. GLee and I will eat BigReno and Blazer58's crows, we have prior experience. Congratulations to Boone on ending the streak and good luck next week. For the Cyclones, there is always next year. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!