Mckenzie Vs Manassas

VOLnWTN

how did ball have a career night vs gleason he had 76 yards on 12 carries and 2 touchdowns???

I don't know if it is all about Keegan, Drew or John Kermit, to me the WHOLE team better be on the ball the whole night.. There has got to be 100%. None of this sissy tackling and none of the boo hoo I'm hurt because "you are" not pulling your weight. I told you guys Gleason had our head. They almost took it !! Rebels you have got to block, hit and for crying out loud CATCH THE DANG BALL!!.

I hope and pray we'll hit the road BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO HIT SOMEONE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!! I don't care what it takes GO FOR BLOOD AND BONES KNOCK THEIR BLOCK OFF !!! GO REBELS LET's get in there and play ALL NIGHT!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to McKenzie in the playoffs, I would like to see Drew Hayes and Co. do well. He made a run as a freshman against some really good teams, so I know what he is capable of, But back then McKenzie had a great defense as well. Hopefully you guys will get it together and make it to the buro.

Thanks GB, haven't talked to you this season to speak of. This drop to class A kinda threw us into different circles now. Our D has had some struggles this season for sure. I have seen improvement in some of the kids though so maybe they will finally come together now in the playoffs. Sure hope so.

If the D gets serious, the sky is the limit for this team!!!!

Hey Duck,

I hope your D pulls itself together...I would love to see you guys in the Boro in Dec. Trousdale Co. has been dominating here in middle Tn. I don't think anyone around here can hang with them!

The news from Gallatin... won Friday night to clinch the region title & more importantly, home field throughout the playoffs. Turnovers have plagued us all year, but finally had none on Friday. Our defense is tough, but the offense sluggish at times.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Duck,

I hope your D pulls itself together...I would love to see you guys in the Boro in Dec. Trousdale Co. has been dominating here in middle Tn. I don't think anyone around here can hang with them!

The news from Gallatin... won Friday night to clinch the region title & more importantly, home field throughout the playoffs. Turnovers have plagued us all year, but finally had none on Friday. Our defense is tough, but the offense sluggish at times.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wavelink101,

Great to hear that Gallatin pulled it off. It's hard for me to imagine the Green Wave being down after some of the teams I watched play there back in the 70's. Glad they made you proud. The Rebels have ended the season 7-3 and that is amazing within itself. Whew, we've scored a lot of points to do it though. We've had to. I see a scoreboard rebuild coming up after the season for sure.

Don't guess we're worried about the 'boro right now. We have to get thru the first round for now. We're playing a pretty darn good team from Memphis this week and we best be ready for that for now. Then it only gets tougher---a lot tougher!!!! The Rebels can do it but, we won't worry about the 'Boro just yet.

Good luck to the Green Wave the rest of the way!!!

You guys missed one heck of a tailgate party at Duckman's Friday night. BBQ chicken wings and roasted duck. The Duckman throws one heck of a party. He must be totally worn out football wise.............Rebels Friday night, Bethel Wildcats and TN Vols Saturday.

mav,

Glad you came by and identified yourself but, I swear if you cause me to end up with 30 pickup trucks in my yard this Friday afternoon we're all movin' to your house!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, it's a shorter walk to the stadium from your place!!! :lol::rolleyes:

And yeah, I had a weekend full of football too. Prolly gonna be just as bad this weekend. Everybody knows where I'll be Friday nite. Saturday, I'm thinkin' I'll go watch Bethel and Cumberland U. play. Don't think I can stand to watch the pasting that the Vols are gonna get and Bethel plays some good and exciting football!!!! AND, they are winning!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Well said fan360. This is not a "looking ahead" time of the season now!!!! EVERY game is a championship game!! To be champions of Round 1 we have to take Manassas and that won't be easy by any means. To be third in their region is no insult at all!!

Most people don't understand the rivalry that Gleason feels toward McKenzie. If they did, they would understand the 42 points they hung on us. It didn't surprise me one bit! When they learn to play like that every week, they will have finally reached their mark. Don't let things like that fool you. Gleason has talent, they just haven't gotten it out of the kids every week yet.

Our defense does need to get back on the track of getting better like they were untill last Friday night. Kegan Ball had a career night last Friday and a couple of others kicked in a good performance BUT,......................!

We have faced speed teams all season so what is one more?? Almost everybody has been faster than us. But, the O line is doing a very good job of protecting Hayes now. When he has 7-8 seconds to find a receiver he'll kill most teams and that's the kind of time he's been gettin' for about 3 weeks now.

I'm not minimizing the team from Manassas. Just telling the Rebel side of the story. I expect another scoreboard nightmare this week!!!!!! Manassas better come prepared to score 50 or more or stay home!!!

This is Roderick Hand #71 or 55 it depends on if i feel like playin like Seau and Steven Johnson #50. McKenzie haven't seen a defense like ours we play hard and hit hard every time the ball moves. This is a warning. Strap it up. This want be just a walk in the park. We probably haven't seen a QB that put up numbers like yours but you haven't seen a LB put up numbers like me and 50. We coming to win and send somebody to the house. Don't count us out all you doing is making it bad on yourself. The refs can throw how many flags they want but when you feel us you want forget us. We have a chance to make history and is going to take advantage of it. This is my last year and I am going out with a bang and somebody banged up.