Region 5 Vs. 6 5-a

Verb58

Well we have the match ups now what...

Gallatin vs. Dickson County

Ravenwood vs. Overton

Brentwood vs. McGavock

Antioch vs. Franklin

I personally think all home teams win in round 1 but if I were going to pick an upset it could be Overton over Ravenwood. The size and speed of Overton's D is very good. If any team actually has a chance to handle the passing game of Ravenwood I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here...even though I think Ravenwood wins but you can never tell.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people may think Brentwood is better than McGavock , but I think could take them and go on to the 2nd round.

Did you just imply that you yourself could take on the Brentwood football team and still advance to the second round? Because that's really, really stupid. That's a very good Brentwood team with a very good defense. McGavock will have their hands full.

Briefly breaking it down-IMO

Ravenwood-Overton: Raptors O vs. Overton D. What the unsung story here is the Raptors D should shut Overton down on Offense. Highly underated side of their game. Overton can't keep them out of the endzone enough times to win the game. Jennings disects Bobcat secondary.

Brentwood-McGavock: While McGavock boasts about their speed, Bruins have seen speed many times during the season - and with one of the top D's in Class 5A, it doesn't make a difference. Too many weapons in all facets of the game makes the compelling case for Brentwood. Only question mark (for both R'wood and B'wood): neither team has been tested in a month; are they rusty?

Antioch-Franklin: Preston Brown is the main weapon for the Bears, but against the Rebels, you need more than one weapon. Franklin has more offensive weapons to use and a scheme Antioch hasn't seen before; Defensively if Antioch passes the ball it will play to the Reb's advantage. Big question mark is Rebels' HC in his first trip to the playoffs. Rebs win a hard fought game.

Gallatin- Dickson County: This game could be over in 48 minutes. DC is the weakest of the Region 6 teams to make the playoffs; Gallatin is battle-tested and is used to teams trying to keep the ball on the ground. Home field will make this a clear-cut victory for the Green Wave-and the most lopsided win.

Edited by fromthetop2

Ravenwood-Overton: Raptors O vs. Overton D. What the unsung story here is the Raptors D should shut Overton down on Offense. Highly underated side of their game. Overton can't keep them out of the endzone enough times to win the game. Jennings disects Bobcat secondary.

Brentwood-McGavock: While McGavock boasts about their speed, Bruins have seen speed many times during the season - and with one of the top D's in Class 5A, it doesn't make a difference. Too many weapons in all facets of the game makes the compelling case for Brentwood. Only question mark (for both R'wood and B'wood): neither team has been tested in a month; are they rusty?

Antioch-Franklin: Preston Brown is the main weapon for the Bears, but against the Rebels, you need more than one weapon. Franklin has more offensive weapons to use and a scheme Antioch hasn't seen before; Defensively if Antioch passes the ball it will play to the Reb's advantage. Big question mark is Rebels' HC in his first trip to the playoffs. Rebs win a hard fought game.

Gallatin- Dickson County: This game could be over in 48 minutes. DC is the weakest of the Region 6 teams to make the playoffs; Gallatin is battle-tested and is used to teams trying to keep the ball on the ground. Home field will make this a clear-cut victory for the Green Wave-and the most lopsided win.

I agree with you on your matchups of the games, but here's a side note on the Franklin-Antioch game:

Antioch has a huge fullback(Cole?) that has been the workhorse of this team throughout the season. HE's the one who's pounding out the yards, and Preston is the one who they depend on to have a few breakout plays. If Franklin can stop Cole and neutralize Brown, Franklin will win.

This is definatly not Craig Clayton's first trip to the playoffs. In TN yes but he came in with a 180-80 record. I think he'll know what to do.

Agreed, im tired of not hearing enough about the raptors defense. The starters havent given up a touchdown since the smyrna game. An they have been with Daniel Becker, who returned to 100% healthy against Dickson County. And now the AHS/FHS game. AHS will probably win this game in a close one. And Franklin cant be afriad to put 7 and 8 guys in the box almost every play if they want to win. Well not every play but you know what i mean. AHS wins this game due to a few nice breakout pass plays that franklin wont see coming (playactions).

Well we have the match ups now what...

Gallatin vs. Dickson County

Ravenwood vs. Overton

Brentwood vs. McGavock

Antioch vs. Franklin

I personally think all home teams win in round 1 but if I were going to pick an upset it could be Overton over Ravenwood. The size and speed of Overton's D is very good. If any team actually has a chance to handle the passing game of Ravenwood I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here...even though I think Ravenwood wins but you can never tell.

Gallatin will have no problem with DC....just play a solid game and move on to the next round.

Ravenwood and Overton....I am not sure about. Havent seen Ravenwood any this season, but ive seen Overton twice. They have a quick running back that can make plays. Saw something of a passing game as well.

Brentwood vs McGavock....My previous post about this game I still believe in. Everyone will be taking Brentwood, cause they are supposed to win. This game...im not sure about that.

Antioch and Franklin...Franklin has had problems with 5-5A in the past from my perspective... Squeeked by Antioch last year 10-7, year before that had to comeback against Hunters Lane and then go to OT with Hendersonville.

Brown and Cole are their main offensive weapons. Look for Cole to get most of the carries inside the 20. Brown will get his carries, and his yards...a very elusive back that loves to spin. Cole just pounds it up the middle. Takes about 4 guys to bring him down. I think Franklin has what it takes to stop their running game and come out with a win.