Rhea Co Vs Knoxville Central

medman

Now that we have the correct teams, let's discuss this game :thumb:

If I remember right, it was the 2000 season and Rhea Co. came to Central and rained on the Bobcats march back to the state. Hammontree is an excellent coach and I'm sure he'll have his team ready to play. I don't know much about them, but the 2 teams scrimmaged in camp at TN Tech and as I understand it, it was pretty one sided. But that was a long time ago.

The Bobcats put together a very impressive 1st half against a very good West team, then kinda went in the bag thinking they had it won and West played well to make it a little interesting. If the Cats can put an entire game together like they played the 1st half, they will do very, very well in the playoffs.

Let's hear from some Rhea Co fans about their team. We hope a lot of their fans make the trip so that there is a great atmosphere.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep it was fun scrimmaging these guys at camp and at camp it was pretty much one sidded but as the season goes along teams get better so central will be greatly prepared this week look forward to the game friday and no matter how the outcome i hope rhea county has a safe trip to joel helton feild and a safe trip home

Well the scrimmage was just that a scrimmage and we have improved since that time. If I remember right knox central has that great running back and boy did they like to commit penalities. Beyond that i don't remember much about knox central. The only thing that is going to kill use is are top WR is out, and with the pass heavy game we play it's going to affect are game plan. So who know we might just bring a whole different game plan for the play-offs. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win,and i'm looking forward to a good play-off game friday.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I'm not and expert just my opinion. I have seen both teams play. When I saw Rhea County it looked like they are trying to run an offensive scheme that doesn't fit their personell. If I had that big of a football team I would build off the running game. Central will man up the receivers and bring one more rusher than there are blockers. Central is too quick and should have no trouble with the spread offense. Just my opinion.

I'm not and expert just my opinion. I have seen both teams play. When I saw Rhea County it looked like they are trying to run an offensive scheme that doesn't fit their personell. If I had that big of a football team I would build off the running game. Central will man up the receivers and bring one more rusher than there are blockers. Central is too quick and should have no trouble with the spread offense. Just my opinion.

didn't mean that twice

Well the scrimmage was just that a scrimmage and we have improved since that time. If I remember right knox central has that great running back and boy did they like to commit penalities. Beyond that i don't remember much about knox central. The only thing that is going to kill use is are top WR is out, and with the pass heavy game we play it's going to affect are game plan. So who know we might just bring a whole different game plan for the play-offs. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win,and i'm looking forward to a good play-off game friday.

I assure you that having your WR out is not the only thing that is going to kill you. Longworth will shut down whatever running game you have not to mention your QB picking himself up off the turf a dozen times thanks to Orlando B. And after Nance has cracked your DL and LB's heads a few times, Da-Da will have no trouble in running right through you. In fact, the WR that you say is out is going to be the only one that is safe.