Spencer Gulmire Of Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spencer Gulmire AND Gaston Miller are outstanding high school football players. Miller is probably a little quicker. Gulmire is definitely stronger. If I were either one of these fellows, I'd probably want to go to a smaller school where I had a better chance of playing. It's obvious that they both love the game and both can play some ball at the next level, but I don't think either will be a big impact player at a D1 school.

In boxing, they have weight classifications for a reason. When strength and speed are relatively close, a big man will beat a smaller man. That's not rocket science.

In boxing, they have weight classifications for a reason. When strength and speed are relatively close, a big man will beat a smaller man. That's not rocket science.

You are probably right in your boxing analogy. I think what you left out of the equation is heart. UT has dozens of High School All-Americans who can't beat Vandy. Does Vandy have better talent than UT? If so, than Fulmur should be fired on the spot for poor recruiting. Or did Vandy do a better job of finding football players that use will, determination, wits, desire and a love of the game to beat the Vols.

Bottom line, Gulmire will go to a school that he and his Family feel comfortable with and that school will LOVE him just like Oak Ridge does. He is the cream and will rise to the top.

Now could we just relax and let TNBreaker and Family go about the chore of recruiting and post here when something is final. TNBreaker really knows more about this than anyone else. Let's just enjoy SG one more week.

Very simple. Gaston Miller is a good back and worthy of a Vandy scholarship, BUT Spencer Gulmire is the better back. As a serious football fan, I just don't understand the lack of D1 interest. This kid is going to make some coach look like a genius. Bring it home guys.

Go Cats!!

Vandy isn't taking Miller as a running back. He's going to be a receiver/kick returner type there.