Spencer Gulmire Of Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee can only 25 recruits a year so they go all over the country trying to get the best. They can't just go around signing a bunch of running backs.

See, thats tennessee's problem, they think they have to go all over the country to get running backs or skill position players. What makes a RB in california better than gulmire, because some stupid recruiting guru says that he is a 5 ***** RB and is a all-american. give me a break! Look at Kenneth Darby at Alabama. He is 5'10 190 pounds and was rated a 2** coming out of high school and is probably the best back in the SEC. Thats my point, Gulmire is a football player, maybe not a RB in college but could definatly help at UT.

Hey to burst anyones bubble but Spencer is not going to be a D-1 college runningback. I played football in high school and college and have seen better runningbacks at the D-II level. You can get mad if you want, he is an awesome player but all I can say is just wait and see where he goes after high school and what he does. My prediction is D-1AA or lower and hopefully playing time by his 2nd year in college depending on how high he goes. Just wait and watch.

Hey to burst anyones bubble but Spencer is not going to be a D-1 college runningback. I played football in high school and college and have seen better runningbacks at the D-II level. You can get mad if you want, he is an awesome player but all I can say is just wait and see where he goes after high school and what he does. My prediction is D-1AA or lower and hopefully playing time by his 2nd year in college depending on how high he goes. Just wait and watch.

Thank God someome finally said that! lol :thumb:

What are you smokin? He's goin D-1.

See, thats tennessee's problem, they think they have to go all over the country to get running backs or skill position players. What makes a RB in california better than gulmire, because some stupid recruiting guru says that he is a 5 ***** RB and is a all-american. give me a break! Look at Kenneth Darby at Alabama. He is 5'10 190 pounds and was rated a 2** coming out of high school and is probably the best back in the SEC. Thats my point, Gulmire is a football player, maybe not a RB in college but could definatly help at UT.

Help at UT? Thats the most ridicoulous thing I have ever heard. The last thing Tennessee is gonna do is jeopardize their offense even more with taking a chance in recruiting this kid. There's no way he would even get on the field. Tennessee is a program not a KY or a Vandy where guilmire might be able to play. Besides look at the competition Gulmire is playing. Defenders are not as big as D-1. Do you actually think he would be able to run against the defensive speed in the SEC? Gulmire does not have the break away speed. He might be able to out run in high school because the secondarys are so bad.

The thought of him playing linebacker is just as absurd, Kevin Simon 6' 234. Omar Gaither 6'2 230,Freddie Roach 6'2 240,and DeMeco Ryans 6'2 235 he couldnt even compete with these guys. Give me a break.

Gulmire has the talent to play at a Carson Newman or Tusculum maybe even Vandy but UT is just pushing it.

Yeah please dont jeopardize that tennessee powerhouse offense lol. :thumb: Small guys cant play barry emmitt lt faulk dunn,id rather have a duckett type cant coach heart and determination. I hope this kid makes it at the d1 level gl.

That's funny.

TNBoy - I played a little college ball myself. You cannot make me mad with your opinion, but I do strongly disagree with it. I'm telling you, Gulmire is big enough, strong enough, and fast enough to play D1...if he wants to do so. The problem is, I don't think that the typical D1 program will give him a chance. I wish that they would. I think that scouts are a lot like The Chief...paying more attention to height, weight, and 40 time than ability. Chief, I'll pick on Gerald Riggs, Jr. again. There he was - 6', 220 or so; but so scared that he might get hit that he was never effective for TN. Yet they had most of their offensive eggs in his basket. My grandmother would hit the line with more fury. But, on paper, he was the man.

I agree with you Sparta Boy, I hope this kid makes it D1 too!

Tennessee can only 25 recruits a year so they go all over the country trying to get the best. They can't just go around signing a bunch of running backs.

its not working sometimes it takes heart and the will to win over these over confident self proclaimed athletes they need to recruit in state more or the Vols will fall to the waste side and the Memphis, MTSU, Vanderbilt's, and UTC will take over. I would recruit Spencer at UT in the hopes he will bring life bake to a program that is sadly turning the other way. Spencer your UT caliber and will always be the one that just got away for example look at spurrior. I hope the best for you in the future and like Spurrior win a heisman like he did because Tennessee has never had one. P. Manning should have and we all know this. UT needs more of you and the same goes for a lot of schools and or communities. Best wishes from the Owls in what ever the future hold for you.

I don't think anyone "hopes" that Spencer isn't going to play D1. Can he? Don't know. Some think that he is big enough, strong enough, fast enough, and has enough desire, and some question the 1st three "enough's".

I have watched Spencer play since middle school. When you say he's big enough, strong enough, and fast enough, you can only say that because of what you have seen on the middle school field or h.s. field. I don't think I have ever seen him run over someone that is 220+. Nor have I ever seen him out run a middle linebacker or db that can run a 4.4. That is what he will face at the D1 level every practice and everygame.

Spencer should go where he will get the best education and the best opportunity to play football. If he has the opportunity to go D1AA and play, versus going D1 and sitting for a year of two, will he? Either way, Spencer will get a college education and will continue to play the game he loves.

Play the cards your dealt.

I don't think anyone "hopes" that Spencer isn't going to play D1. Can he? Don't know. Some think that he is big enough, strong enough, fast enough, and has enough desire, and some question the 1st three "enough's".

I have watched Spencer play since middle school. When you say he's big enough, strong enough, and fast enough, you can only say that because of what you have seen on the middle school field or h.s. field. I don't think I have ever seen him run over someone that is 220+. Nor have I ever seen him out run a middle linebacker or db that can run a 4.4. That is what he will face at the D1 level every practice and everygame.

Spencer should go where he will get the best education and the best opportunity to play football. If he has the opportunity to go D1AA and play, versus going D1 and sitting for a year of two, will he? Either way, Spencer will get a college education and will continue to play the game he loves.

Play the cards your dealt.

you don't rush for over 5000 yards and never run over someone and yes he does and it takes more than one to bring him down. you and the rest meaning colleges have the misconception about players that's why things are going south for many of them. For example if Spencer makes a mistake he will do his best to correct it rather than oh I pulled muscle and make excuses on why that they did not perform to all the hype.

Spencer is a great HS back. I don't think anyone who knows or has seen him play would root against him for going D1. But if history is any indication he will not.

I'm sure the Oak Ridge fans will be talking about him for years to come, but being a long time Oak Ridge fan, having great RB is not the exception but the rule. If you take the top 4 rushers only one of them made it to D1 as a running back.

Cory Booker - Tusclum - Athlete

Shawn Summers - Tennessee - DB

Shaun Bohanon - Alabama - RB

Shawn Williams - NEO Junior College - RB,

I do think that Spencer could play at a lot of D1 players as a strong safety type.

After watching him play at Middle school and high school, I do think he has the heart, and determination, but for all that think that is enough then your kidding yourself.

We all have our favorites and wished them the best, as an Oak Ridge fan, I just hope the next player will come along and break Spencers records and lead us to a State Championship.