Spencer Gulmire Of Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone say he should go to a small SEC school like South Carolina? They beat UT at Knoxville. What does that make UT? Sorry to burst the bubble but UT is not the pride of the SEC. They are 3-4 in hopes of the Music City Bowl or Independence Bowl. No sure thing that this will happen.

One major reason for this is not Randy Sanders. It's national recruiting. Those kids don't play for that T on the side of their helmet. They play for that name on the back of their jersey. All UT is a stepping stone to the NFL. Where does this attitude lead you? 3-4 Look at Alabama's roster, mostly Alabama boys. Look at Georgia's roster, mostly Georgia boys. Look at South Carolina's roster, mostly South Carolina boys. Florida is right there with them. What happened when UT played those teams. Loss, Loss, Loss, and Loss. Thats the difference in Team and individuals.

Before you guys give me the Tennessee doesn't produce enough athletes. Look at these stats. The # of D-1 signees this years.

Tennessee- 59

South Carolina- 35

Georgia- 161

Alabama- 83

Tennesse seems to produce good talent. If Tennessee had a normal state university, it would probably be above 70. But that seems good enough to get at least half of your talent. How about we get that kid thats an athlete that will fight for that T. Not a kid from Oregon or California that didn't know Tennessee was a state until they were sixteen.

3-4 Not quite a dynasty.

preaching to the choir brother. I have been saying this for years what we need at UT is heart and Spencer has that for a start.

Does anyone know exactly what his actual 40 time is? I saw him play last year against Riverdale and he is a very good back, but if he runs a 4.6, or 4.7 forty the major schools won't give him a second look.

Because I'll tell you, that is one of the biggest things that the college scouts look at, right or wrong. I fully agree with the statement that Tennessee ignores the talent within the state bigtime, and goes all over the country looking for their players, when there are several good ones right here in the state that go elsewhere. When Kelly Holcomb was a senior Q.B. at Lincoln Co., Tennessee didn't give him the time of day his senior year in H.S. and he went on to M.T.S.U. and started for 4 years and has been in the pros ever since then. I have always believed that Tennessee has snubbed the local in-state talent and looked everywhere else except right under their nose for years to find their players.

Now I don't think for a minute that you could field a competitive team to play in the S.E.C. from only Tn. high school players but, there are several good one's every year that go elsewhere and have good career's because Tn. doesn't give them the time of day.

Does anyone know exactly what his actual 40 time is? I saw him play last year against Riverdale and he is a very good back, but if he runs a 4.6, or 4.7 forty the major schools won't give him a second look.

Because I'll tell you, that is one of the biggest things that the college scouts look at, right or wrong. I fully agree with the statement that Tennessee ignores the talent within the state bigtime, and goes all over the country looking for their players, when there are several good ones right here in the state that go elsewhere. When Kelly Holcomb was a senior Q.B. at Lincoln Co., Tennessee didn't give him the time of day his senior year in H.S. and he went on to M.T.S.U. and started for 4 years and has been in the pros ever since then. I have always believed that Tennessee has snubbed the local in-state talent and looked everywhere else except right under their nose for years to find their players.

Now I don't think for a minute that you could field a competitive team to play in the S.E.C. from only Tn. high school players but, there are several good one's every year that go elsewhere and have good career's because Tn. doesn't give them the time of day.

what year did he graduate?

I don't think anyone "hopes" that Spencer isn't going to play D1. Can he? Don't know. Some think that he is big enough, strong enough, fast enough, and has enough desire, and some question the 1st three "enough's".

I have watched Spencer play since middle school. When you say he's big enough, strong enough, and fast enough, you can only say that because of what you have seen on the middle school field or h.s. field. I don't think I have ever seen him run over someone that is 220+. Nor have I ever seen him out run a middle linebacker or db that can run a 4.4. That is what he will face at the D1 level every practice and everygame.

Spencer should go where he will get the best education and the best opportunity to play football. If he has the opportunity to go D1AA and play, versus going D1 and sitting for a year of two, will he? Either way, Spencer will get a college education and will continue to play the game he loves.

Play the cards your dealt.

uh, yeah, I've seen spencer run over many lineman that are well over 220 lbs. and then still runs for touchdowns, so the weight issues isnt a problem for him, its his strength and pad leverage that he relies on to get him where he goes

He will be fine and get his education. The level of play is not that important, the level of education is !!!!!! :P

Love the priorities. I hope you can find a school that meets your academic standards and a winning football tradition. I can't imagine Spencer handling losing on a consistant basis very well. I still think the family should write a book on how to raise young men who just happen to be great athletes. I'd buy 2 copies. Good job!

He will be fine and get his education. The level of play is not that important, the level of education is !!!!!! B)

Folks, I started this tread to honor a player and his teammates. I never expected it would turn into a recruiting topic.

Tnbreaker has spoken and that should be the last word on this tread since he has more information on this subject than anybody in the world.

I have not seen a tread created for him over what he has accomplished the last two Friday nights' so here is one ...

1) Set the career rushing record at eight time State Champion Oak Ridge.

2) Set the career touchdown record at eight time State Champion Oak Ridge.

3) Set the single game rushing record at eight time State ChampionOak Ridge with 352 yards on 18 carries.

4) Set the record for the third most rushing yards in Tennessee with 352 yards on only 18 carries.

Oh, so this was a for our information only "tread". Usually people that post on here want some kind of response. Our bad. :(