Spencer Gulmire

DCCATVOICE

After the game he had Friday night, Spencer Gulmire has my vote for Mr. Football in 5A. With over 5,000 yards rushing in his career and nearly 80 Touchdowns, his stats speak for themselves. His heart and his desire to carry his team can't be measured though. He is as humble as any high profile high school player I have ever been assoicated with and it is my hope that he will be recognised as the best that Tenneseee has to offer.

Edited by DCCATVOICE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the game he had Friday night, Spencer Gulmire has my vote for Mr. Football in 5A. With over 5,000 yards rushing in his career and nearly 80 Touchdowns, his stats speak for themselves. His heart and his desire to carry his team can't be measured though. He is as humble as any high profile high school player I have ever been assoicated with and it is my hope that he will be recognised as the best that Tenneseee has to offer.

Yep, he's the first 5A back listed on my ballot, too.

Edited by HTV

nice stats, i wish i could of watched oak ridge play this season by im all the way out in middle tennessee :thumb:

10292005__1026hsf6cc.jpgThe only thing missing is a S on his chest an a cape.

He gets my vote for Mr 5A!1029oakridge_e.jpg

Best quote! "Amazing's the only word I can think of," said Troy Venable, who led Oak Ridge's defense with three sacks. "He's the best runner I've ever seen in high school football. I'm just glad Farragut doesn't have a Spencer Gulmire."

I've seen some good ones but he is one of the best pure power runner I've seen in a long time.

Edited by rigger101

Heck, If Randy Sanders was to get ahold of him he could turn him into a negative gainer. That guy can take the most and turn it into the least of any coach I've ever seen. There are too many great offensive minds out there to keep that riding that dead horse. Heck he wasn't even a good player. The Great Pumpkin needs to bite the bullet and can Randy.

I would love to see Spencer go to Tennessee though and just pray that Sanders leaves. I understand that the old offensive coach (Cutcliff) moved back to Knoxville when he left Notre Dame over health issues. Heck, I know what he must be going through....watching Tennessee's offense made me sick too.

Ole Dad

I bet UT doesn't even know he exist.

I don't know much about the middle and west tn players but Spencer gulmire is the best player i've seen play over the last two years. i'm from McMinn Co. though so I won't be sad to see him go. although he is the one opposing player that, in an odd kindof way, I enjoyed watching. he abused us two years ago in athens although we kept him somewhat in check this year (under 100 yards). How many yards did he wind up with for the season this year and did any other team hold him to under 100 yards?