Oliver Springs @ Cumberland Gap

The Sports Guy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. The teams in that region are the perennial powers that everyone longs to be like. When you think about it, if you can stay on the field with some of them, you have accomplished something. I think that's what the Panthers are trying to do. Prove to people, and themselves, that this year, they belong in there. This year, they got a shot of competing with those guys. This year, is their year to shine. They are a hard headed bunch. It's gonna be tough for anybody to to tell them they don't belong!!!

You're right, come Friday you can throw it all out the window. Everybody wanted to talk about 9 game winning streak though, and I just wanted to show that those nine games weren't as impressive as they appeared. Whoever wants it the most will come away with it.

I really dont see how you can say that those nine games werent impressive. I mean look at the 10-7 win vs. south greene, and how can you forget the win AT Happy Valley(37-30) the Gap might not win pretty, but at the end of the last nine games the Panthers have been ahead on the scoreboard. And thats all that matters. I dont expect it to be any different friday night, if we play Panther football.

I really dont see how you can say that those nine games werent impressive. I mean look at the 10-7 win vs. south greene, and how can you forget the win AT Happy Valley(37-30) the Gap might not win pretty, but at the end of the last nine games the Panthers have been ahead on the scoreboard. And thats all that matters. I dont expect it to be any different friday night, if we play Panther football.

I didn't say any of those nine games weren't impressive. I said overall it was not as impressive as it would appear. The South Greene win was a good win. I'm not sure about the Happy Valley game being that impressive. According to coacht's schedule ranking, CG has the the 42nd toughest schedule among 57 AA teams compared to Oliver Springs being 22nd. CG's opponents have a combined winning record of 40-60, compared to Oliver Springs' opponent's having a record of 54-46. That's a 28 game swing. I know you will say that numbers mean very little but you brought the record back up and I'm justifying my statement about the overall record being soft with facts.

Edited by BobbyBoucher

Well, we're less than 36 hours away now!

What was it the Doobie Brothers said?

Oh yeah. "Can't you feel it growing day by day, people getting ready for the move?".

My blood is pumping up big time. It has been too many seasons since I snapped on my helmet for play-off time. I can only imagine what the players from both sides must be feeling right now.

Good luck to both teams! Give it all you have, and may the best prevail!

Edited by The Sports Guy

I think it would be wise for the players to not get too pumped up right now. Wait til tomorrow night before you do that. There's no need to emotionally drain yourself a day before a big game. I'm excited too though. I wish it were here. I'm ready for all this talk to be over and let these two fine teams decide it out on the field. It's gonna be a good football game and I hope a good atmosphere at CG tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it!!

CG-42

OS-14

Panther Pride!!!!!

Well, we're less than 36 hours away now!

What was it the Doobie Brothers said?

Oh yeah. "Can't you feel it growing day by day, people getting ready for the move?".

My blood is pumping up big time. It has been to many seasons since I snapped on my helmet for play-off time. I can only imagine what the players from both sides must be feeling right now.

Good luck to both teams! Give it all you have, and may the best prevail!

Is this game broadcast going to be available on the internet? Good luck to CG. Also, what schools were combined to form CG?

Is this game broadcast going to be available on the internet? Good luck to CG. Also, what schools were combined to form CG?

Yes it will be on the net! 2 links: http://radio.lmunet.edu. or http://www.913thegap.com.

If you can't see the radio tower on the 2nd link, use the 1st. Unfortunately, only the first 100 people to sign on can get it, so don't wait until kickoff, and then blame me.

Powell Valley and Forge Ridge combined to form Cumberland Gap. Powell Valley teetered between A and AA. Cumberland Gap is just about in the middle of AA.

Forge Ridge was too small to have a football program, but they had some great athletes that focused mainly on basketball. Now there are students from both areas on every sports team. I would have to say that the consolidation was a big push for all of the kids.

We can thank shotdoc for his efforts in getting it done.

Edited by The Sports Guy

Yes it will be on the net! 2 links: http://radio.lmunet.edu. or http://www.913thegap.com.

If you can't see the radio tower on the 2nd link, use the 1st. Unfortunately, only the first 100 people to sign on can get it, so don't wait until kickoff, and then blame me.

Powell Valley and Forge Ridge combined to form Cumberland Gap. Powell Valley teetered between A and AA. Cumberland Gap is just about in the middle of AA.

Forge Ridge was too small to have a football program, but they had some great athletes that focused mainly on basketball. Now there are students from both areas on every sports team. I would have to say that the consolidation was a big push for all of the kids.

We can thank shotdoc for his efforts in getting it done.

:P umm...I didn't have anything to do with this school being consolidated??? I'm just a fan that really supports this team and this community. Sorry, but you have me confused with somebody else!!! I do know the "Doc" that you're thinking of though!!! :D