Mt. Juliet Golden Bears Football

gator

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you missed the smiley face?

Oooopppsss! I did. I need to get my eyes checked fiercely. Would you happen to have the records for the years previous to the split?

I am a private school supporter, but I would love to see MJ grow into a powerful program. I don't feel like they get the respect they should within the county and would love to see them excel.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Oooopppsss! I did. I need to get my eyes checked fiercely. Would you happen to have the records for the years previous to the split?

I am a private school supporter, but I would love to see MJ grow into a powerful program. I don't feel like they get the respect they should within the county and would love to see them excel.

Thanks! Folks need to know that my bark is worse than my bite! Coach T is a fun venue for good old fashioned 'talkin smack' I really support all these kids, Lord knows the pressure put on them from all directions.

Re: your question...I think I'll apply myself to this just out of curiosity! LHS, MJHS etc...might even be good to analyze the close-by private schools. Maybe there is some cause and effect.

Speaking of which I hail from Texas (been here in MJ awhile now) and there were nowhere near the amount of privates as there are out here - you will catch my bias towards public schools!

MJ will continue improvement (slowly but surely the curve is going up) and I believe we can succeed. Really expect the '07 version to be special (this year's So. class)

:thumb:

The private schools are not taking your players. All of the private schools (Frendship, Ezell, DCA) have been around for 25+ years now. Heck they closed the best academic private school of all in Castle Heights. The problem is that all of the growth in Wilson County is in the Wilson Central school zone. Look at the new subdivisions that are being built in Mt. Juliet compared to the Gladeville area and their is no comparison. The families moving into the area want a new home and the most affordable new homes are being built in Gladeville and those students are zoned for Wilson Central.

Edited by cbg

The private schools are not taking your players. All of the private schools (Frendship, Ezell, DCA) have been around for 25+ years now. Heck they closed the best academic private school of all in Castle Heights. The problem is that all of the growth in Wilson County is in the Wilson Central school zone. Look at the new subdivisions that are being built in Mt. Juliet compared to the Gladeville area and their is no comparison. The families moving into the area want a new home and the most affordable new homes are being built in Gladeville and those students are zoned for Wilson Central.

Almost every statement you make is wrong.

The privates have all been there for years ... true. Many of the kids that attend don't go until junior high or high school. I know I didn't. Out of my graduating class at a private, less than 5% of the class attended elementary school there. There were 3 total. I remember distinctly because they made a really big deal about it on senior day. Looking through a year book, that's about the same ratio for the other classes around mine.

Castle Heights closed YEARS ago. Even then, it was a non factor in terms of taking local kids. It was more of a boarding school. The athletic program had been shot for years before that. I have relatives that attended - it didnt' really take many locals away from the local publics.

And the neighborhoods being built in Gladeville (which are few and far between) don't outnumber the ones in MJ. Nor are they any more affordable. I have been looking for a house to move back to Wilson Co. recently (like today with an agent actually) and the neighborhoods in the Glade definitely aren't any more affordable.

Yes, the split hurt. Yes, the privates are definitely not helping. Yes, I think things will get better when a new MJ High building is built. People like shiny new things ... schools included. :(

Thanks! Folks need to know that my bark is worse than my bite! Coach T is a fun venue for good old fashioned 'talkin smack' I really support all these kids, Lord knows the pressure put on them from all directions.

Re: your question...I think I'll apply myself to this just out of curiosity! LHS, MJHS etc...might even be good to analyze the close-by private schools. Maybe there is some cause and effect.

Speaking of which I hail from Texas (been here in MJ awhile now) and there were nowhere near the amount of privates as there are out here - you will catch my bias towards public schools!

MJ will continue improvement (slowly but surely the curve is going up) and I believe we can succeed. Really expect the '07 version to be special (this year's So. class)

:thumb:

Have to agree with tnsddeveloper on this one. Yes there is supposely 900 homes going up off the Mt. Juliet exit--I was told those kids will be zoned for Wilson Central, there is another 600 homes supposely to be built out towards the cumberland river. Zoned for Mt. Juliet. MJ does lose a lot kids to private. Only thing I disagree about, is MJ should be competive in this district. THopefully they will next year because they played so many young kids

Have to agree with tnsddeveloper on this one. Yes there is supposely 900 homes going up off the Mt. Juliet exit--I was told those kids will be zoned for Wilson Central, there is another 600 homes supposely to be built out towards the cumberland river. Zoned for Mt. Juliet. MJ does lose a lot kids to private. Only thing I disagree about, is MJ should be competive in this district. THopefully they will next year because they played so many young kids

Exactly. Providence is definitely not what I would call affordable - it's big, but not really affordable (at least to most folks - and that doesn't include my student loan overridden self). Not to mention, I just read in the Tennessean that almost 70% of the development was just sold to Pulte to make it a retirement community.

And I do agree with freddie here too. MJ loses kids to privates. They probably would be able to win a few more games a year on talent alone at that point if the private kids stayed. But I do think they have enough talent already there to be above average in their region. Maybe a 3rd or 4th place in the region year in and out.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Exactly. Providence is definitely not what I would call affordable - it's big, but not really affordable (at least to most folks - and that doesn't include my student loan overridden self). Not to mention, I just read in the Tennessean that almost 70% of the development was just sold to Pulte to make it a retirement community.

And I do agree with freddie here too. MJ loses kids to privates. They probably would be able to win a few more games a year on talent alone at that point if the private kids stayed. But I do think they have enough talent already there to be above average in their region. Maybe a 3rd or 4th place in the region year in and out.

Agreed, the talent is here and this team SHOULD NOT be staying home tonight. How do we get them there? I think the schemes especially on O are over complicated for the return.

Ok, let's go with your theory that Mt. Juliet High School is loosing kids to private schools (yes, you loose a few but everyone else does to) but you need to ask yourself a couple of questions:

1. What do the private schools offer that makes kids want to leave and for parents to pay tuition?

2. If Mt. Juliet was a better school would parents not keep their kids in the public school system instead of paying tuition?