Franklin Co. Girls

fcvoyager

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin Co will do well with Coaches Wild. They are small and quick but it will take time to adjust to a new system. He'll eventually have contenders routinely. Berkey will also do well at Blue and Gold U. His talent pool is slim for a year or so but loaded in the feeders. Their big transfer ( I have to be careful) is way too hard to even venture a guess. Without Jarrell, bench depth is a concern but it is for everyone. I don't know squat about the Tullahoma coach but it has got to be a total restart. All in all, not much change in the district from last year. Columbia probably won't go undefeated again but will be strong. Shelbyville moves up at least a tie now with Lincoln Co for 2. That could all change depending on injuries ect but we all know that. I think it is a coin toss for the rest but top to bottom probably a bit tighter. I don't think the new coaches make a big first year impact or probably do they really want to. Transfers are too hard to predict. Just because they did something at one place doesn't mean they'll necessarily get it done at the next place.

Franklin Co will do well with Coaches Wild. They are small and quick but it will take time to adjust to a new system. He'll eventually have contenders routinely. Berkey will also do well at Blue and Gold U. His talent pool is slim for a year or so but loaded in the feeders. Their big transfer ( I have to be careful) is way too hard to even venture a guess. Without Jarrell, bench depth is a concern but it is for everyone. I don't know squat about the Tullahoma coach but it has got to be a total restart. All in all, not much change in the district from last year. Columbia probably won't go undefeated again but will be strong. Shelbyville moves up at least a tie now with Lincoln Co for 2. That could all change depending on injuries ect but we all know that. I think it is a coin toss for the rest but top to bottom probably a bit tighter. I don't think the new coaches make a big first year impact or probably do they really want to. Transfers are too hard to predict. Just because they did something at one place doesn't mean they'll necessarily get it done at the next place.

coffee co and lawrence co won't have anything and tullahoma never has had anything franklin co has a great shot at region this year

Columbia and Shelbyville will battle for 1st. The transfer from Columbia to Shelbyville will make a difference. Lincoln Co, Franklin Co, Coffee Co, Lawrence Co and Tullahoma finishes 3-7. Burkey is a great coach and Wild and his wife have done well everywhere they have been. Just hope Franklin Co' parents treats him better than they did Coach Crabtree.

Edited by wingman10

Not sure but FC looked like they had decent size. They had some good shooter from outside.

Shelbyville did well with a few important players out. They lost another player Friday with broke foot. I have not seen a team take this big of a hit with injuries in a long time. The others girls will have to step it up and wait for all this to run its course. Listen to the coaches and stay in shape.

I have watched a couple of practices and one of the Playday games., as well as last night's game against Cascade. Coach Wild is working the young ladies hard. The Cunningham girl has come a long way. She works hard and improves every week. We should get better as the season progresses, especially at point guard. We have a lot of young talent and District 8 is very competitive.