How would -you- do it?

TheGreatLineJudge

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see 16 teams at the state so that all the Region winners and Runners-Up would be included. Have 4 pools of 4 teams each and have the bracket play include all the teams - similiar to the set-up that the Brentwood Invitational uses. As CU said, I would have semi-finals and finals on Saturday, or even Sunday, so that more people could come. I think that there is a rule from TSSAA that doesn't allow any high school matches on Sunday, however. I think the state tournament should be more like the weekend tournaments that the teams play all season.

The state tournament could still be done in 3 days. They would have to add another site - say Riverdale to the existing three and play would have to begin at 9 AM. The set up would be no different than the weekend tournaments the teams play all season.

I like your suggestion PM, the Brentwood Invitational format seemed to work well. Also, regarding the time needed, like at the BIVT, make the Pool play matches a best of 3 and then re-seed after 1st round of PP and have a second round of PP. Once you get to the "tournament", it's best of 5. Pool play is about seeding and everyone still is in the tournament. Also, I like CU's idea of having the semis & finals on Saturday. I think you could still start on Thursday and get it all done in 3 days.

I would like to see 16 teams at the state so that all the Region winners and Runners-Up would be included. Have 4 pools of 4 teams each and have the bracket play include all the teams - similiar to the set-up that the Brentwood Invitational uses. As CU said, I would have semi-finals and finals on Saturday, or even Sunday, so that more people could come. I think that there is a rule from TSSAA that doesn't allow any high school matches on Sunday, however. I think the state tournament should be more like the weekend tournaments that the teams play all season.

I like your idea Pageman more teams more fun and a double thumbs up for Volleyball Daddy's ideas on the pool plays. Great ideas guys. TGLJ you should take these ideas and float them around up there at the top somewhere.

Edited by dougw

I would love to see the same number of teams, but have it all at one venue. That way we can see all classes without having to try and fight through the Mboro traffic. Surely there is a facility and sport courts available to do this. Alabama does this and it is a huge success. College coaches also like it better.

I would love to see the same number of teams, but have it all at one venue. That way we can see all classes without having to try and fight through the Mboro traffic. Surely there is a facility and sport courts available to do this. Alabama does this and it is a huge success. College coaches also like it better.

I have to totally disagree with PM. We have too many in my opinion anyway.

Eight is pushing it. I really like the format of it however if you are going to use 8 teams.

They have to have a saturday final...an absolute joke that they don't. Have the smifinals Sat morning and the finals Sat evening.

You need to have the best officials also. THere were some good ones, however there were some really bad ones.

As I have said before, need to have a mental attitude award winner and recognize great efforts from officals or AD's etc in the name of volleyball. We are really close here and every year the talent is getting better.

How do other sports do it? Why would it be different for Vball?

Have coaches vote/rank officials to work district - regon - state. Ref and ump. I believe that is how it is done in basketball.

Have finals or simi and finals on Saturday. The big dance. What these kids have been working for all year.

?

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They will probably, struggle 
    • Dyersburg is going to be good, really good. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on the way and the trio of Chelby, Joya, and KayKay will only be better with a full season together under their belt. To me, playing in Murfreesboro two consecutive postseasons will only serve to make them more dangerous if/when they stand among the final eight teams this March. Experience, good or bad, always makes you better. And not only do they have experience, they know how to win there. Schedules are coming together for all of the teams and I am excited about what I am seeing on the preliminary drafts on Dyersburg’s schedule. I know I am being a tease, but it’s simply not my place to announce what another school is doing. With that said, I won’t go into specifics. However, I am excited about renewed home and away contracts for the non-district portion of the calendar. I think west Tennessee will have a lot of interest as well.
    • What does everyone have in the final 8? In no particular order. 1. Eagleville 2. Gordonsville 3. Greenback 4. Oakdale 5. South Pitt/ East Robertson-- not sure 6. Richland 7. Halls 8. Union City
    • They struggled to field a team last year. I don’t see them being much better?
    • sx good two know thay didun't waint that entarr citty two see yeller/red......