TN High @ Hamblen West

randy3116

Wow! my first post this year. THSVikings2004, your the man. As usuall, your the most accurate Viking poster out there.

Now, my 2 cents.

The Vikes didnt start to click until the North game. Everything before that is "coulda shoulda woulda". For example: except for three missed tackles by the secondary we probably beat Science Hill. We had something for South in the second half but we got too far behind in the first half. That tells me that stamina is not an issue. D-B? They simply killed us because they passed the ball and their recievers actually ran under the pass, caught it and fell on the 1 yard line. Like, a dozen times. The fact that all 3 of these games where Home Coming games for them doesn't help. Usually teams get up for Home Coming Games. I thought weak teams were scheduled for home coming. :thumb: Oh, never mind. We lost all them. Any whooo. When Coach Stubbs debuted the Gun Offense, I felt like a proud Poppa. I wonder if we could have scored on Maryville with the new offense. I believe that region 1 has surpassed region 2 in conference strength. Mo West is the only team in region 2. Region 1 has THS, South, and Elizabethton. Betsy down substantially this year but you know they will be back. Boone is living a fantasy on the shoulders of Skye Hicks. Shut him down, as North did, and they lose big to South tomarrow night. The Mo West realist know that last year was no fluk. Their team has improved (obvious, since they are undefeated). The Vikes, well lets say that these two teams are lot more evenly matched than last year. The Vikings are very good at stopping the run. Not so good at stopping the pass. Since Mo West generally runs the ball that bodes well for Viking D. I dont think our Defense will beat us. Penalties by our offense will. My prediction, Mo West will need to score 28 points to win. If they can do that running the ball on our D, then get the place cleaned up because the Champs form Maryville are coming soon. :lol:

THS 27

Mo West 14

Well nisstek, you hit that nail on the head...pretty good prediction! You said Mo Town would have to score 28 points to win. Well thats what we did...28-11! I don't believe you thought your vikings would only get 11. And remember, the only TD was against reserves late in the 4th. TN High---you guys were a classy act. Unlike Johnson County...rednecks! You guys never hit late and played a clean game. I would like to get a few opions on MoTowns running game and our defense from the Viking faithful and if anyone can explain why MoTown had to run another play just before halftime, tell me. I thought, if the half ended on a offensive penalty, it ends. Whats up?

I thought the Trojans really came to play tonite. Good season Vikings! :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewing had...what...600 yard rushing tonight. I think I heard 220 or something like that. Y'all might be in trouble if he gets shut down. I dont think South can do it. but, you never know. The Vikes have had a tendency to bring out the best in their opponents this year. When we lost to Science Hill and D-B, I had friends who are regulars at both team's games tell me "Wow!! that's the best game we've played all year." It's all good. We ended up about where I figured we would. We'll be better next year. It's been awhile since we had a team this young. Kinda like the Trojans of last year.

Well nisstek, you hit that nail on the head...pretty good prediction! You said Mo Town would have to score 28 points to win. Well thats what we did...28-11! I don't believe you thought your vikings would only get 11. And remember, the only TD was against reserves late in the 4th. TN High---you guys were a classy act. Unlike Johnson County...rednecks! You guys never hit late and played a clean game. I would like to get a few opions on MoTowns running game and our defense from the Viking faithful and if anyone can explain why MoTown had to run another play just before halftime, tell me. I thought, if the half ended on a offensive penalty, it ends. Whats up?

I thought the Trojans really came to play tonite. Good season Vikings! B)

Well it was a loss, but I'll take it. 28-11 is at least a respectable finish when compared to the 35-0 exit two years ago.

Darius did very well tonight...exceeded my expectations. I think the Viking defense did fairly well against him after they found out how to bring him down. :thumb:

He done the dirty work and then the fullbacks suprised them a few times.

When it comes to the Trojan defense, they are big, strong, and seem to adapt very well when they are struggling.

It's not like the Vols..ugh Vikings' offense didn't have other opportunities to score. West gave them a fumble and the Vikings responded with 3 incomplete passes. They tried to get fancy on one drive and was faced with like a 3rd and Bristol.

Now, any West fans have any opinions on #3 Jeff Baker and #40 Elijah Bible? Both are Sophomores and made some good plays tonight and will fortunately be back for the next couple of years. #44, Cory Strickland, will be back as well.

Good luck next week. If the weather isn't too bad, I might there to see a Trojan encore.

great game vikes! its always fun to play yall. yall played tough and next year yall will be tough again from what i understand. and you have great class!

daris had 220 something and overall we rushed for more than 340 or something like that. it was a fun game. but we have to fix some mistakes me made when we play south!

I thought the Trojans really came to play tonite. Good season Vikings! ;)

Darius was VERY impressive … when he was running the ball that is. When the ball wasn’t going to him he would stand straight up from his stance and watch the play. Someone needs to let that young man know that scouts don’t look at “highlight films” any more … they look at game film. Very strong runner but doesn’t have tailback speed. But one thing is for certain … if your going try to bring him down you better bring the TREATED WOOD because as we saw tonight anything less will just bounce off!!! The other backs ran hard and were also fairly effective especially (#21). Mo-West should fair well against South but will struggle against Maryville. The Maryville coaching staff scout opponents VERY well and will most likely shut down a one sided O like West possesses.

GOOD GAME MO-WEST!!! GREAT SEASON VIKINGS!!!!

Congratulations to Don Woods and the Morristown-West Trojans. The game was well played. Thank you to Tennessee High's players for being such a class act and their fan base for showing such strong support. It was quite the departure from last week's visiting team. I saw a lot of promise for the Vikings for the next couple of years. It is obvious the team is well coached and talented. I hope all of the Tennessee High fans had a safe trip home.

The Trojans played well on both sides of the ball - thanks for the great effort tonight, players and coaches alike.

....way to go Trojans,good game Tn High...safe trip home.The next few years will see some great times for the vikings!!!I dont know much about the SS rebs but it should be a great game...congrats to Boone for a great season....you guys have a great team.Good luck to both teams next friday....hope everyone is safe and has a injury free and great game... MoWest 28 SS 10

The only teams that Tennessee High has had a high degree of trouble with, excluding Dobyns Bennett, are teams that have a very good passing game. My understanding is that MoWest has NO passing game. If this is the case then I feel very good about the game Friday night.

Conclusion:

Morristown West's 11-0 record is extremely misleading as they have played in a weaker conference than Tenn. high (usually the other way around though). Also, Tenn. High has played 3 tough opponents who have prepared them for battle, whereas MoWest toughest game was a weaker Knox West team.

Tenn High 31

MoWest 17

[/quote

It was a great game (for West fans anyway). One of the quickest games I have been to this year. However, it was a one sided contest (more than the score suggests). Tn High could not get anything going offensively. Everytime they threatened, West was there to stop them. On defense, there was no stopping our running game. #3 had his way all night and looked like a knife through soft butter. Good game Trojans!!

That said, if Tn high has a lot of players returning, they are going to be very good next year. There were flashes of brilliance out of this team. The quarterback has a very good arm and the backs are extremely quick. With additional time in the weight room and more time together on the practice field it will be interesting to see what this team does.

On a side note, as for West not playing anybody, we just have to play the games that are scheduled. I think it is impressive that we have won most of our games by double digits and that shows we do not play down to the team we are playing. I realize that each week is going to get tougher, but I think West can go all the way.