TN High @ Hamblen West

randy3116

Explain please! The game between the winner of District 1/2 and District 3/4 will be played in east TN. What do you mean if Woods finds a reason to move the game and time?

Don't worry about it, E. It's obviously a reference to the '02 quarter-final (at Sevier Co. v. Greeneville) and the '03 semi-final (v. Maryville) games that were delayed 1 day; both changes made due to poor field conditions that existed at Burke-Toney.

However, that's all ancient history. It's time to focus on trying to beat another very good Viking team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only teams that Tennessee High has had a high degree of trouble with, excluding Dobyns Bennett, are teams that have a very good passing game. My understanding is that MoWest has NO passing game. If this is the case then I feel very good about the game Friday night.

This Tennessee High team has played progressively better and they are night and day difference between now and the DB game. Tenn. has a two edged sword with their passing and running at this point in the season. We have one of the best receivers in the state of Tennessee that no one knows about, but MoWest will see his moves come Friday. I know for a fact that no one has seen anyone of his calibre this entire year. His name is Deshaud Johnson (unsure of the spelling), either way everyone will know his name come Friday about 10:00 when he has juked kids out of their cleats.

I know everyone whines about the officiating, but this is a substantiated case and anyone on either side of the field would say the same thing about last week's game. What I am referring to is 4, yes 4, touchdowns called back on extremely questionable calls that were away from the play and had no bearing on the touchdown. If even two of these flags were kept in the pockets of these idiotic men, the score would have gotten very ugly. This does not bear too well on MoWest's showing against Cherokee if using head to head match ups as a measuring tool.

One final note, before the season began, Tenn high scrimmaged Daniel Boone. Even with all of the inexperience on the Viking squad, they still handed it to Daniel Boone. Since then, this team has improved immensely. You have to remember that last year's 13-1 team was mostly seniors, so these kids are just now playing together well as a team. Having said that, my point is that Daniel Boone was beating Morristown West at halftime, at least that is my understanding and please correct me if I am wrong. But stupid mistakes by coaches and players by Daniel Boone gave the game away to MoWest.

Conclusion:

Morristown West's 11-0 record is extremely misleading as they have played in a weaker conference than Tenn. high (usually the other way around though). Also, Tenn. High has played 3 tough opponents who have prepared them for battle, whereas MoWest toughest game was a weaker Knox West team.

Tenn High 31

MoWest 17

Mr. Viking Nation,

I believe you need to compare the stats on the Johnson County games. TN vr JC and MoWest vr JC. You beat them 27-10. We won by 41-14. Their second TD was scored on a 76 yard run on our reserves. I believe we were up 31-0 before they knew what hit them. Thats more than you scorded on them all nite.Their first TD was on a desperation 4th down and 20. You take away those two plays and it was total domination. we played our reserves almost all the second half. I believe they played you guys close and it was near the end of the season (after all those young guys had started playing well together. One more thing, Boone is tough!

How did they play you so close and we totally dominated them? <_<

Mr. Viking Nation,

I believe you need to compare the stats on the Johnson County games. TN vr JC and MoWest vr JC. You beat them 27-10. We won by 41-14. Their second TD was scored on a 76 yard run on our reserves. I believe we were up 31-0 before they knew what hit them. Thats more than you scorded on them all nite.Their first TD was on a desperation 4th down and 20. You take away those two plays and it was total domination. we played our reserves almost all the second half. I believe they played you guys close and it was near the end of the season (after all those young guys had started playing well together. One more thing, Boone is tough!

How did they play you so close and we totally dominated them? <_<

No one has yet to get the JC vs. Tennessee game correct. It was 16-6. Giving the Vikings a little too much credit. The game took Friday and Saturday to complete due to the heavy rain and lightning in the area. On Friday, it was delayed several times with them finally postponing it at 11:07 pm with Johnson Co. winning 6-0 in the 3rd quarter. The game resumed Saturday at 8:00 pm with a medically cleared Jeff Baker and Tennessee ended up winning 16-6.

Sorry, the offense didn't start clicking in a big way until the Sullivan North game which ended up being 44-6. North played a close game with Johnson Co.

In the Cherokee game, Tennessee had three of their four touchdowns called back in the second quarter alone, which would've made it 28-6 at the half. If toucdowns weren't called back, we would be looking at a 63-12 ballgame. If Stubbs wanted to be mean about it, he could've prevented that 2nd Cherokee touchdown by keeping the starters in.

The Boone game was just a scrimmage. Tennessee played Happy Valley closer about two weeks earlier so come on! <_< Which opponent do you think was better?

Does all of this really matter for Friday? Not really. If both teams play up to their potential, it will be a good game. If Tennessee plays like they did from Week 1 to Week 9, it could get ugly.

VikingNation, I thought you were a Maryville mole from last year?

Trojan E, how in the world was last year's West team 4-6 in the regular season? They were a much better team them that. I don't know anything about Swain, but I'm pretty sure Mo West could've have been 8-2 or 9-1 last year.

The only teams that Tennessee High has had a high degree of trouble with, excluding Dobyns Bennett, are teams that have a very good passing game. My understanding is that MoWest has NO passing game. If this is the case then I feel very good about the game Friday night.

This Tennessee High team has played progressively better and they are night and day difference between now and the DB game. Tenn. has a two edged sword with their passing and running at this point in the season. We have one of the best receivers in the state of Tennessee that no one knows about, but MoWest will see his moves come Friday. I know for a fact that no one has seen anyone of his calibre this entire year. His name is Deshaud Johnson (unsure of the spelling), either way everyone will know his name come Friday about 10:00 when he has juked kids out of their cleats.

I know everyone whines about the officiating, but this is a substantiated case and anyone on either side of the field would say the same thing about last week's game. What I am referring to is 4, yes 4, touchdowns called back on extremely questionable calls that were away from the play and had no bearing on the touchdown. If even two of these flags were kept in the pockets of these idiotic men, the score would have gotten very ugly. This does not bear too well on MoWest's showing against Cherokee if using head to head match ups as a measuring tool.

One final note, before the season began, Tenn high scrimmaged Daniel Boone. Even with all of the inexperience on the Viking squad, they still handed it to Daniel Boone. Since then, this team has improved immensely. You have to remember that last year's 13-1 team was mostly seniors, so these kids are just now playing together well as a team. Having said that, my point is that Daniel Boone was beating Morristown West at halftime, at least that is my understanding and please correct me if I am wrong. But stupid mistakes by coaches and players by Daniel Boone gave the game away to MoWest.

Conclusion:

Morristown West's 11-0 record is extremely misleading as they have played in a weaker conference than Tenn. high (usually the other way around though). Also, Tenn. High has played 3 tough opponents who have prepared them for battle, whereas MoWest toughest game was a weaker Knox West team.

Tenn High 31

MoWest 17

Talking points:

1. OK, I will accept your statement that Mr. Johnson is a very good receiver, that the receiving corps has really come on since playing D-B, and, yes, there were some TDs called back last week against Cherokee. The fact still, remains, however, that since the Dobyns-Bennett game, Tennessee is still averaging just under 27 points a game while allowing 9.5 ppg; and that (aside from South) is against average (at best) competition.

2. I'm not sure that calling Knox West "weak" is accurate. They may have finished middle-of-the-pack this year in Region 3 but they are a very good and very quick team that would have finished at or near the top in either Region 1 or 2.

3. For the first time since '01 and '02, Hamblen West has a very good passing game. Our special team play has also been excellent this year.

Two teams I am very familiar with. Again, I don't know much about either but I know the feel of playing either team.

TN High - always a good solid program. You must always play a good game against them or you'll end up crying on the way home. They hit hard and keep coming at you all game. If you even think of underestimating TN High, you'll lose simple as that.

MoWest - always put together a good team that can throw through the air or run on the ground. The kids are tough, the crowd is nuts :lol: so you always have a wild atmosphere when you play down in Morristown.

I wish these two teams best of luck and hope no one gets hurt, cause i'm sure it'll be a slobberknocker :thumb:

No one has yet to get the JC vs. Tennessee game correct. It was 16-6. Giving the Vikings a little too much credit. The game took Friday and Saturday to complete due to the heavy rain and lightning in the area. On Friday, it was delayed several times with them finally postponing it at 11:07 pm with Johnson Co. winning 6-0 in the 3rd quarter. The game resumed Saturday at 8:00 pm with a medically cleared Jeff Baker and Tennessee ended up winning 16-6.

Sorry, the offense didn't start clicking in a big way until the Sullivan North game which ended up being 44-6. North played a close game with Johnson Co.

In the Cherokee game, Tennessee had three of their four touchdowns called back in the second quarter alone, which would've made it 28-6 at the half. If toucdowns weren't called back, we would be looking at a 63-12 ballgame. If Stubbs wanted to be mean about it, he could've prevented that 2nd Cherokee touchdown by keeping the starters in.

The Boone game was just a scrimmage. Tennessee played Happy Valley closer about two weeks earlier so come on! :lol: Which opponent do you think was better?

Does all of this really matter for Friday? Not really. If both teams play up to their potential, it will be a good game. If Tennessee plays like they did from Week 1 to Week 9, it could get ugly.

VikingNation, I thought you were a Maryville mole from last year?

Trojan E, how in the world was last year's West team 4-6 in the regular season? They were a much better team them that. I don't know anything about Swain, but I'm pretty sure Mo West could've have been 8-2 or 9-1 last year.

Last season, Swain won the championship in NC's Class A I think...or something to that effect. Regardless, Swain is not your typical Class A program with all that they've had going over the years.

Also, West's defense was decimated by losing nearly every starter from the '03 runner-up squad. Those kids are back this season and have been extremely tough to run against, but the only two games I've seen them play were against Cocke County and Johnson County...both of which tried to be a little sneaky with certain things but had no depth with which to do it.

Going back to whether or not West can pass the ball...the real question is can THS stop the Trojans from running the ball. Their three studs in the backfield have 2500 between them. They pass when they have the opportunity and have been improving as the year has gone on.

As far as picking a 14-point win for THS in Motown...that's borderline...no...it's totally ridiculous...LOL! West will get a good game from the Vikes, but will wear them down in the second half and win by 17-21 points.