TN High @ Hamblen West

randy3116

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought Morristown West would get a chance to play the team that knocked them out of the play-offs last year? This year's team is very different than last. It has been a real pleasure to watch this group and the way they play for the team and not themselves.

Congratulations to Coach Don Woods and the rest of the team for their performance this year. I've actually been more impressed with the football I've watched on Friday nights instead of Saturdays.

Morristown West will have to keep their focus and continue their great effort.

Mo West is without a doubt, one of the very best in Upper East TN, but TN High is capable of upsetting West. Heck, I guess everyone is capable of being beaten. Alot will depend on which Viking team shows up. I've seen them twice this year and it was like night and day. Havn't seen West, but their power running game speaks for itself. Interesting match-up. Good luck.........

Mo West is without a doubt, one of the very best in Upper East TN, but TN High is capable of upsetting West. Heck, I guess everyone is capable of being beaten. Alot will depend on which Viking team shows up. I've seen them twice this year and it was like night and day. Havn't seen West, but their power running game speaks for itself. Interesting match-up. Good luck.........

[/quot I believe it will be the D. Ewing show come Friday nite. Taking nothing away from T.H., I'm sure they have a good football team or they wouldn't even be here. But, MoWest has a horse in Mr. Ewing. He ran for around 150 yards and had 3 TDs called back because of penalties, and only played a little over a half. What makes it even worst for opposing teams is the Trojans have 2 other backs in McCullough and Hale, that are all over 225#s each. Now, the passing game is starting to come around with aprox. 150 yards passing last Friday. Like I said earlier, no disrespect for TH, but I believe the Trojans are focused this year and have the horses to carry us pretty far. If TH can stop the Trojan run, and be able to throw the ball on offense, then they have a chance to win. But, WOW, what a chore.

Good luck Vikings and have a safe trip down I-81.

Who would have thought Morristown West would get a chance to play the team that knocked them out of the play-offs last year? This year's team is very different than last. It has been a real pleasure to watch this group and the way they play for the team and not themselves.

Congratulations to Coach Don Woods and the rest of the team for their performance this year. I've actually been more impressed with the football I've watched on Friday nights instead of Saturdays.

Morristown West will have to keep their focus and continue their great effort.

Same team, different players. Only 1 starter on offense and 3 on defense are back from last year.

The refs were also bad at Tennessee this past Friday. They called back three touchdowns in the second quarter and one touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Tennessee's runningbacks aren't that big. All of them are under 200 pounds except for Cory Strickland who weighs 225 lbs. They rely on speed and their ability elude tackles. This past Friday marked the first game that they were all healthy and able to play. The passing game has improved greatly in the past two weeks, but more practice wouldn't hurt. Tennessee will have to play at West like they have played at home these past two weeks to win.

How is Morristown West on special teams?

Are West's receivers real good or do they rely more on the running game?

Tennessee Hi has a very tough road game in this one for sure. Playing MoreWest at home is very tough. The field is well worn by this time of the year and should it rain, it will be a quagmire!

TN High's region in my opinion is just as tough as 2-4A's is in my opinion, but Morewest has ruled the region for many years in a row now.

TN High is 8-5 with 5 wins in a row and average about 25 points a game while yielding 14 per contest. They have not had an impressive season by recent standards but have kids who got close last year to the dream of playing of a state championship. If they can limit MoreWest's running game and keep it close late they have a chance.

Morewest is 11-0 and Coach Woods knows how to win in the play-offs and All roads to the state game presently go through Morristown. They run the ball 4/5ths of the time but do have some passing threats. They grind out about 6 yards per carry and have some huge running backs. MoreWest only averages about 62 yards from the air per game, an indication they could be one dimensional. They score about 37 points per game and limit the opponents to just 12 per contest and these are strong numbers. They are one of the heaviest penalized teams in 4A and could indicate a lack of discipline. MoreWest has not turned over the ball much this year.

To beat MoreWest, TN high will have to limit mistakes and force a few errors. If they can stop or slow the running game by loading the box, TN High could win this game.

Good luck to both teams.

The refs were also bad at Tennessee this past Friday. They called back three touchdowns in the second quarter and one touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Tennessee's runningbacks aren't that big. All of them are under 200 pounds except for Cory Strickland who weighs 225 lbs. They rely on speed and their ability elude tackles. This past Friday marked the first game that they were all healthy and able to play. The passing game has improved greatly in the past two weeks, but more practice wouldn't hurt. Tennessee will have to play at West like they have played at home these past two weeks to win.

we practice special teams about 25 minutes a day, every day.

Special Teams...It sounds like Mo West better have a good game this Friday, especially on kick-off teams. By the way, if you get a chance to come to the game, watch #28 on Kick Off team---He's a Killer!!!

Tenn. scoring two kick off returns in one game. Pretty innpressive !

We have (in my opinion) one of the better punters in the state. He doesn't get many opportunties! But he is good.

Recievers...The Trojan receivers are pretty good. We only throw when we have to! The thing about our receiver is, there hasn't been many drop balls at all. Not very fast, but very good hands. And as you can see, we threw for almost 150 yards last week. It all comes down to the Dogs on the offensive line and those big horses running the ball. If you got a chance to see the replay of the game on TV, you noticed on a few occasions, Johnson County players boucing off Ewing and and the other two backs. Thats what makes it so special, you key on Ewing and other two will run over you. Three backs over 225. I'm glad I don't have to tackle them!

I hope we can contain the TN. backs, sounds like they are pretty quick.

How is the TN QB? Pocket-passer or option?