Powell vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me let you in on a "little seacret" there MTV.....I don't go to Halls......I NEVER went to Halls.... I don't live in the Halls community.....and NO Lee did not beat me out of anything in midget ball. When I was in midget ball he was still get breast fed. Is Lee a D1 prospect? I would agree with you he is to a certain extent. Does he belong at UT? Sure I would agree with that to a certain extent also. Does he have a VERY bad attitude and is a me first? MOST DEFINATELY!!!! Do I think he will fit in perfectly at UT? To a certain extent yes. He fits that program like James Banks, Kelly Washington, Daniel Brooks, Brent Schaeffer, Chuck Webb, Tony Robinson.

And by the way those helicopters you keep referring to are Knox Counties finest looking for underage drinkers, people lighting smoke bombs and so forth.

Wow. You really told me, didn't you? :D

Why do you feel the need to try to tear Lee down? He's no choir boy, but he's no Clyde Barrow, either. Whether you feel like he should be or not, he's been offered by a number of the top football programs in the country. Why begrudge him that opportunity or be jealous of it? On the surface that's exactly where it looks like you are coming from. If you are an adult then why do you feel the need to put down high school kids?

hiv,

Lee Smith be at basketball practice Monday. Unless he moves somehwere else to play because Coach Ogan is too tough on him and makes him toe the line this year.

RDF, forgot about the smoke bomb incident.

hiv,

I guess you will be at the Murville game this Friday. If you sit in the pressbox, look me up. As you face the box, go up the left hand set of steps, I'll be on the top row with black on - my second favorite color. Matter fact redbyrd84 might just be there with me. Also I might talk reddevilfever into attending (if there are any tickets left).

Everybody wants to see the Panthers get skinned alive and take that whipped _ _ _ back to Emory Road.

hiv,

Lee Smith be at basketball practice Monday. Unless he moves somehwere else to play because Coach Ogan is too tough on him and makes him toe the line this year.

RDF, forgot about the smoke bomb incident.

hiv,

I guess you will be at the Murville game this Friday. If you sit in the pressbox, look me up. As you face the box, go up the left hand set of steps, I'll be on the top row with black on - my second favorite color. Matter fact redbyrd84 might just be there with me. Also I might talk reddevilfever into attending (if there are any tickets left).

Everybody wants to see the Panthers get skinned alive and take that whipped _ _ _ back to Emory Road.

Glad to see you supporting high school football. I'll be there, too, but don't count on a visit. I'll be just bit busy working.

By the way, I could point out all of your grammar errors like you did with me, but i'm too much of a gentleman to do that to a lady.

On the surface that's exactly where it looks like you are coming from.

You can't believe everything on the surface there MTV. You must look beneath the surface. Didn't you ever learn to not judge a book by it's cover?

And as far as my screen name......Do you think just by some slim chance that the high school that I went to was also named the red devils? Another tip for you .....I didn't go to school in Knox County or any of the surrounding counties. I went to 2 different high schools. One in TN and the other in TX. And just in case you are thinking this.... NO I did not move from the TX high school to the TN high school for athletic purposes. I went to the biggest high school in the state of TX (at least it was the biggest when I went there many many moons ago).

I think most people like pulling for the underdog, especially when it comes to a team as dominant as Maryville. Therefore, every non-Maryville fan would much rather see Powell doing a postgame victory dance after this game on Friday. I'm a non-UT fan, and I wanted them the beat the tar out of Notre Dame on Saturday, simply because they were the big underdog.

Edited by osunut2

You can't believe everything on the surface there MTV. You must look beneath the surface. Didn't you ever learn to not judge a book by it's cover?

And as far as my screen name......Do you think just by some slim chance that the high school that I went to was also named the red devils? Another tip for you .....I didn't go to school in Knox County or any of the surrounding counties. I went to 2 different high schools. One in TN and the other in TX. And just in case you are thinking this.... NO I did not move from the TX high school to the TN high school for athletic purposes. I went to the biggest high school in the state of TX (at least it was the biggest when I went there many many moons ago).

Sorry. I sit corrected and humbly apologize. I made an assumption, obviously the wrong one in this case. Normally when Powell and Red Devils are mentioned in the same breath it is Halls. As you can probably tell it is a big rivalry. :(

I think most people like pulling for the underdog, especially when it comes to a team as dominant as Maryville. Therefore, every non-Maryville fan would much rather see Powell doing a postgame victory dance after this game on Friday. I'm a non-UT fan, and I wanted them the beat the tar out of Notre Dame on Saturday, simply because they were the big underdog.

I like how every one is giving powell a chance. I just think back to the last years regular season central game. :thumb:

But that was last season. We still have a chip on our shoulder with powell. I know they are underdogs but they got that way for a reason. Gq wont hold anything back in this game. He will stratagize againts this deffense very well and find as many weaknesses as possible. Look for douglas to have a good game and wear smith out, also look for wood to lay him out .

Good luck to powell.

Hope you guys have a nice trip back home.

Edited by rebelman16