Powell vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

I wonder if the new rumor is true? I heard that Stevens asked one of his assistants to get his driver ed certification this summer, also that he was stepping down after this season sighting that the time was to much with county work, teaching, and coaching. With these 2 rumors coming at the same time I wonder if there is smoke were there is fire. I know the Panther nation cannot be happy with 7-5.

Who would be the assistant? Who "would" be the logical choice "IF" Larry left or stepped down? Would Larry continue teaching or would he leave the school altogether? Is it the time is too much for county work, teaching, and coaching OR would it be the well is getting dry @PHS?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to maryville on a tremendous effort. I hate to see my sr year end on that field like many before me but i have tons of respect for GQ and MHS. Go get the other cats in our region and bring home another gold ball to 3-4A.

To my fellow powell srs who may read this, thank you. Thank you for all the great memories great plays and experiences of the past four years. We'll never be without some stories for the grandkids. Its been an honor to play beside you all and ill never forget these last four years. Playing along side your buddies, your brothers, is what makes high school football what it is, and nothing can ever compare.

To returning players for next year. Step up and make plays and enjoy every second of it. Its over before you know. Especially when you run into a defense like this one lol good luck rebs

To Panthers8, know this;

Powell was the toughest team this and last year Maryville has had to overcome aside from Melrose. You guys put up a great effort and unlike many other opponets Maryville has played over the years, never laid down. You guys are champions as well and have nothing to be ashamed about. Hope some of you guys come out next week to pull for the team of your choice.

One more comment about this great Maryville win and effort.

I just read the Maryville papers and it really disgusts me that the Maryville Defense and the kids who have clearly made it happen on that defense, all year have gotten very little press. I mean Tyler Maples is a great player and I would take him any night over Powell's Smith or Alcoa's Warren, no question. Mr. Maples is a huge playmaker and good kid and I mean to take nothing away from him.

But the headline in the Maryville Rag and Bices column was all about Maples as if he lead this team to this huge win. Well the way I see it, Maryville’s team 'D" and front seven lead this team to this shutout, not the great play of Maples. Again nothing negative about Tyler Maples, he also had some great plays on Defense but he did not shut out Powell, Maryville's defense did, and for the press to over look it in my opinion is sad. The O line also played pretty well as well.

But just an opinion here, there is no dissent in this camp, and it was a great TEAM win and TEAM will beat Central next Friday. Go Reb's

If you are asking me it is because my last name is sheppley. When i got my screen name a few years ago on yahoo the name I chose wouldn't allow me to use it because was already in use. Yahoo gives you several variations using you first and last name and age or birthdate. This is the name I chose sheppy_33. I tried different variations but for whatever reason yahoo didn't like the ones I chose. Go to yahoo sign up for a free screen. Type your name as let's say HTV and yourzip code or birthdate. Let me know what name yahoo gave you. And by the way if you are referring to me and msgov as the same person then you are sadly wrong. I live in the zip of 37921. Far, far away from Clarksville, thank you very much. Nice try keep digging.

P.S. Go look at my profile now and then come back and tell me what you see. Just goes to show you that when you look at a profile on the internet doesn't mean that it is a correct and accurate profile now does it? Like I said keep digging.

No, no. Didn't mean to infer that. Should have separated those two questions.

Your explaination makes sense.

I wonder if the new rumor is true? I heard that Stevens asked one of his assistants to get his driver ed certification this summer, also that he was stepping down after this season sighting that the time was to much with county work, teaching, and coaching. With these 2 rumors coming at the same time I wonder if there is smoke were there is fire. I know the Panther nation cannot be happy with 7-5.

Rooster, you belive wild rumors way too easily.

One more comment about this great Maryville win and effort.

I just read the Maryville papers and it really disgusts me that the Maryville Defense and the kids who have clearly made it happen on that defense, all year have gotten very little press. I mean Tyler Maples is a great player and I would take him any night over Powell's Smith or Alcoa's Warren, no question. Mr. Maples is a huge playmaker and good kid and I mean to take nothing away from him.

But the headline in the Maryville Rag and Bices column was all about Maples as if he lead this team to this huge win. Well the way I see it, Maryville’s team 'D" and front seven lead this team to this shutout, not the great play of Maples. Again nothing negative about Tyler Maples, he also had some great plays on Defense but he did not shut out Powell, Maryville's defense did, and for the press to over look it in my opinion is sad. The O line also played pretty well as well.

But just an opinion here, there is no dissent in this camp, and it was a great TEAM win and TEAM will beat Central next Friday. Go Reb's

Excellent post, I was just saying the same thing today. The O line has gotten credit only after the Alcoa game. They have played their tails off all year and they do deserve credit as well as the defense last night. Lee Smith's name was called only once I think being credited for a tackle. Maryville's O line did an awesome job on this big kid. Great Job.

Edited by bob1

Excellent post, I was just saying the same thing today. The O line has gotten credit only after the Alcoa game. They have played their tails off all year and they do deserve credit as well as the defense last night. Lee Smith's name was called only once I think being credited for a tackle. Maryville's O line did an awesome job on this big kid. Great Job.

The "O" line has also done an exceptional job, but my beef is where was all mapels all the time. The kid is agreat play maker, no question but the cold should the Maryville Rag gives Maryville's "D" is sicking.

Powell is a very good football team with the best athlete QB in the Knoxville area under center and Maryville's D kept him out of the endzone. A great feat in my opinion.

To Panthers8, know this;

Powell was the toughest team this and last year Maryville has had to overcome aside from Melrose. You guys put up a great effort and unlike many other opponets Maryville has played over the years, never laid down. You guys are champions as well and have nothing to be ashamed about. Hope some of you guys come out next week to pull for the team of your choice.

I am flattered by ur compliment my friend and always hold ur posts in the highest regards. I'll be there Friday night and i hope you mop the floor with Zach and those pretender bobcats. I suppose i have little room to talk seeing that we fell short against them as well but myself being a defensive player its hard to respect cental since they failed to score on Powell's Defense. At any rate good luck Rebs and just for the record Tallent and Baker run harder then anybody i hit all year long.

What was the deal with Clark Duncan being on the powell sideline on friday i found that a little wierd. Him and andruw tudor and joey stephens where all on powells sidelines last night anyone know what was up with that :)

There is no grand conspiracy there. Coach Duncan was invited to be on the sidelines by the Powell coaches. Coach Duncan was still the head coach at Powell when this current senior class were freshmen. He still has a connection to the program, and as long as the current coaching staff is there he always will.

As for he, Tudor, and Joey being on the sideline, the Powell football program has a saying that goes "once a Panther, always a Panther". Former Powell players are always welcomed on the sidelines for games. It's been that way as long as I can remember.