Boyd Buchanan at Smith County

Antwan

Oh yeah...you (not you individually) have said the reason for the small privates success is that you work harder and have superior coaching. It's been said hundreds of times on the public/private board. That argument has been bantered on here for years. I don't think that's it.

Our kids do work hard, but so do most other schools. We feel (as spectators) we have as good of a coaching staff as anyone in the state. I don't know of any BOYD coach that would say we out coached anyone. They do out coach most of our opponents, the scores bear that out...but they would never say it. You will never meet a more humble group of CHRISTIAN men anywhere.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBS had trouble with Sequatchie Co. because they went up on them quick in the first half. In 1A the local teams would pretty much just lay down at that point. BBS lost some of their intensity and SC just kept on bringing it. BBS didn’t really get it started back up, but was able to muster enough to win the game. I think they have learned the lesson that being up several touchdowns early… does not a game win.

If we want to compare common opponents without regard to circumstances… let’s make a complete comparison.

Smith Co. 40 Seq Co. 8

BBS 28 Seq Co. 2

Smith Co. 32 points better than Seq Co. >> BBS 2 points better than Seq Co. >> Smith Co. 30 points better than BBS. (side note: SC’s last touchdown came with :14 seconds in the game and if BBS had managed the clock better on their last possession they could have easily take another 18 to 20 seconds off the clock.)

So… Smith Co. blows Boyd-Buchanan out… Right?

Oh wait, there is another common opponent… let’s see how that stacks up.

Smith Co. 21 York 18

BBS 38 York 6

BBS 32 points better than York >> Smith Co. 3 points better than York >> BBS 29 points better than Smith Co.

Put them together and Smith Co. by 1. That sounds like a ball game to me.

The team that has the better night on special teams and is in the plus column on turnovers will likely win this game.

Good luck Bucs!

p.s. Also remember that by size... Boyd-Buchanan is a 1A team in the second round of the 2A play-offs. Forced there by whiney 1A coaches.

Edited by smithke

p.s. Also remember that by size... Boyd-Buchanan is a 1A team in the second round of the 2A play-offs. Forced there by whiney 1A coaches.

Yeah now I remember why we went to 3A. You know I thought people down there was actually nice, or at least the ones I know are anyways. I think it should be a good game, and I think both teams will match up pretty evenly, at least from what I've seen. But one thing to remember Smith County has definatly got a good defense, and defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS! Not to mention the offense to go with it, as I said in an earlier thread I just hope the MULE shows up again this week. Tell Woodard I said good luck and welcome home.

OH YEAH!

P.S. We know how you feel, we went up to 3A with a 2A enrollment and went to the 3rd round first 3 years and 4th last year. And it was because of whiney private schools.

Edited by Cheyenne

Sequatchie Co. and York Institute have absolutely nothing to with this game. Both of them are 'merely' two teams that each of us have beaten. The remark about wrestling the pigs by the counting guy was cute. I can't understand why anyone would be thinking about wrestling pigs (Sounds like a personal problem to me). Maybe, and that's a big maybe, our smaller but slower rural school can keep it close long enough to make a game out of it.

You know what they say about private schools. :thumb:

Cheyenne, do I know the Woodard kid you're talking about?

Blew up in the 2nd half... :thumb: Nah...it was 33-8 at the half and 40-8 after 3 minutes into the 3rd. SC sat on the ball the rest of the way.

They did throw in the fourth quarter for some reason. Not whining as Sequatchie has to stop the play regardless, but it's not like they stopped trying to score. Quarterback was in there too long, I thought, with the lead well in hand just get him out to prevent any kind of injury.

Yeah now I remember why we went to 3A. You know I thought people down there was actually nice, or at least the ones I know are anyways. I think it should be a good game, and I think both teams will match up pretty evenly, at least from what I've seen. But one thing to remember Smith County has definatly got a good defense, and defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS! Not to mention the offense to go with it, as I said in an earlier thread I just hope the MULE shows up again this week. Tell Woodard I said good luck and welcome home.

OH YEAH!

P.S. We know how you feel, we went up to 3A with a 2A enrollment and went to the 3rd round first 3 years and 4th last year. And it was because of whiney private schools.

Whiney private schools? What did they whine about? If you had the same multiplier put on you then you'd be in 4A. So really you don't know how we feel. I think it's a little early to talk about CHAMPIONSHIP. Even if you beat us (and I don't think you will) you still are in 2A now (why did you move back down from 3A?) and Alcoa is out there as Antwan points out on another board.

Smith Co. really didn't play well and handily beat a team you all had your hands full with. If your offense is just now getting its legs, the Owls may have just the defense to kick those legs out from under the Bucs. I, for one, am looking forward to Boyd's trip here.

I don't understand how you mean that you didn't play well.

Smith Co. usually pulls the #1's when they're up by 35. Turned out they were up 32 for the large part of the night. Several things seemed to happen to keep Smith County from reaching the 35 point margin.

Indian....You didn't see a solid offensive performance from the OWLS. If you'll remember 4 TD's were "practically" made by Punt Returns. 1 for the Indians and 3 for the OWLS. We didn't play that well offensively. I would like to think that the Indian "D" had something to do with that. The same way that your offense never got anything together.

Whiney private schools? What did they whine about? If you had the same multiplier put on you then you'd be in 4A. So really you don't know how we feel. I think it's a little early to talk about CHAMPIONSHIP. Even if you beat us (and I don't think you will) you still are in 2A now (why did you move back down from 3A?) and Alcoa is out there as Antwan points out on another board.

It's never to early to talk about Championships especially when you've already won one this year. Where's ya'lls? I think we will win. Obviuosly you've never been to Smith County, and you've never heard how hard it is to come out with a win. Two teams have done it, Trousdale and Knox Fulton. We come down from 3A because most of the private schools left 2A. Except of course the one's like ya'll.

Big Reid you may remember Woodard, if not I'd say you know some of his family. They're all from the Defeated Creek area.

Edited by Cheyenne