Henry County @ Melrose

Drewcephus

Off the topic a little, but I need someone to explain this to me. I guess you have to lose to be on the Dirty Dozen. Hardin and Liberty are 11 and 12, respectively. Both have identical records to Henry, both ended their seasons last week (we obviously did not), and Henry beat both. What's up? Are we the step-child?

Melrose won't trade tapes either (we did end up with four on our own, though). What do they have to hide? They are an awesome team, clicking on every cylinder. I still say stranger things have happened. GO BIG RED!!!!

Hey RedPride! How about that game! No worries, I don't want to be part of anybody's Dirty Dozen. Let's keep ourselves the extreme underdog's. We know who we are and how good we can play!

I hope the Yanker will be on our side this week! It will be tough on this thread...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry County is a great team with an awesome quarterback in Calvin McNearl, but I really don't think that will be enough to beat the "Almighty" Golden Wildcats of Melrose....the Patriots are going into Orange Mound, a very intimidating place to play, and that will be a key factor in itself.....I would love to see Henry County to take this, but I just don't see it happening...I hope Henry County proves me wrong....Melrose 35 Henry County 14....

I honestly don't think Henry County can pull this one out either, but I hoep they prove me wrong. I think Melrose is just too fast and explosive for Henry County. I'm sayin Melrose 22 - Hardin County 7

It will come down to defense. I hope they can prove you wrong too. We have some fast and explosiveness too that is starting to peak at just the right time. Defense has to contain them, period! We are capable, but only time will tell what happens Friday night!

Surely Brighton gave you a game film.

Brighton hooked us up. We ended up with another one too. Seems like people don't like the fact that they won't trade films, so we had people offering them up to us. I kinda like that! We will be ready after breaking down all of those films. I already know of a few things that have been pointed out.

Jeez! It's only Sunday and I already have butterflies for this one!!! :thumb:

VG - what do you think of playing at Orange Mound? I know that CBHS win over Melrose was a Melrose home game. At least we know they are beatable there!

Edited by Drewcephus

Trader,

why so hard on ridgeway? ridgeway is definitely NOT the same team it fielded last year. we have a better rb, qb, offensive line play, and defense.

Playa55 - you guys are good and earned our respect. Big, fast and talented. I wish you the best of luck against Millington. HC fans will be rooting you on to the Finals! :thumb:

What is your opinion of HC vs. Melrose

Brighton hooked us up. We ended up with another one too. Seems like people don't like the fact that they won't trade films, so we had people offering them up to us. I kinda like that! We will be ready after breaking down all of those films. I already know of a few things that have been pointed out.

Jeez! It's only Sunday and I already have butterflies for this one!!! :D

VG - what do you think of playing at Orange Mound? I know that CBHS win over Melrose was a Melrose home game. At least we know they are beatable there!

Drewcephus..First of all get ready for a huge crowd. Two years ago Melrose totally packed the visitors side at the rock and had plenty of spillover along the fences. They were still lined up 20 deep at halftime at the ticket line. We went there last year and their place was packed as well. Orangemound loves their team and comes out on Friday nights in large numbers to support them. You`ll se a crowd like no other you`ll see on this end of the state.

And don`t think it will be HC on one side and melrose fans on the other. Melrose will just about fill both sides of the stands including the visitor side (at least they did against us)

Our trip down there was great except for our loss last year. Oh and one other thing that I will mention. You`ll see plenty of folks drinking at the game and most more than likely get a whiff or two of an illegal substance. We were told this before we went down there and it turned out to be true. So if you see realredpride munching down on nachos and cheeseburgers with an illegal smile, you`ll know why. :thumb:

If Melrose gets a lead, they will hold their car keys up and shake them at you and tell you its time for you to head back home. Overall its a great place to see a game. HC needs to come out knowing that they are good enough to play with Melrose and not wait until they get down and wait too late to realize it.

Trader,

why so hard on ridgeway? ridgeway is definitely NOT the same team it fielded last year. we have a better rb, qb, offensive line play, and defense.

I'm skeptical about Ridgeway because-- I believe that its undefeated record is a FRAUD!

RHS' undefeated (1 tie) record is more a function of playing a bunch of cream-puffs, IMO, rather than the evidence of a vastly improved (yeah, I'm very much aware of your new QB & RB) and superior football team. Let's be real here--Ridgeway played tougher competition when it was in 4A.

Look, I'm not saying that RHS is not a good team--I give it credit for taking care of business; I just think that RHS is gonna get exposed as a "pretender," instead of the true "contender" that any undefeated team would appear. Believe me, rhsplaya55, I hope I'm wrong! Heck, I'd love nothing more than to see RHS go all the way to a 5A State Title! Afterall, my daughter will be a freshman at RHS next year.

Anyway, rhsplaya55, please try not to take my comments personally. I'm just stating my opinion. As such, I believe that Ridgeway's patsy schedule has given it a false sense of dominance. It's difficult to gauge the TRUE extent of a teams improvement and superiority, when its opponents are subpar.

Consider these 2 examples as a cautionary note:

1) Last year's Tennessee High football team. They beat the pants off all its opponents, then got completely embarrassed by Maryville....

2) This year's Olive Branch Mississippi football team. They were putting up bassketball-like numbers, en route to its unbeaten record. They got completely embarrassed by S. Panola, while scoring only 3 pts...

Both the THS and OB football teams thought they had great teams, given their undefeated record. Yet, the truth was that they were not as good as they thought. They'd compiled great records by beating up on a bunch of cream-puffs.

In conclusion, until Ridgeway actually plays and beats a quality opponent, they're just pretenders.

Drewcephus..First of all get ready for a huge crowd. Two years ago Melrose ...

And don`t think it will be HC on one side and melrose fans on the other. Melrose will just about fill both sides of the stands including the visitor side (at least they did against us)

Overall its a great place to see a game. HC needs to come out knowing that they are good enough to play with Melrose and not wait until they get down and wait too late to realize it.

O.K. Henry County fans, you can see that we need to go down there in huge numbers and go early! We can't have obnoxious Melrose fans intermingling and distracting us from making noise for the Big Red! So show your RealRedPride and support your Patriots in one of the biggest games of Henry County football history!!!