Henry County @ Melrose

Drewcephus

Melrose is a dominant program, they have earned the reputation as being the team to beat in the west for 4A. Not taking anything away from their accomplishments, but I went and looked at Ridgeways schedule and I looked at Melrose's Schedule, the same that you said about Ridgeway could be said about Melrose.

I have no idea about the team from Missouri, aside from that I see 2 teams on their schedule with a winning record, Christian Brothers and East, Melrose lost one of those games. With wins over a 2-8 kingsbury, 3-7 Hamilton, 3-7 Raleigh Egypt, 5-5 Fairley, and 0-10 Northside ...... say that Ridgeway beat a bunch of cream puffs, what about Melrose, who did the beat other than East with a winning record?

The prophet speaks knowledge, I have found the same thing. I have tremendous respect for Melrose, but also for Ridgeway.

And for the record, Henry County is no cream puff! We won't be bowled over.

Hey prophet - what comparison can you make from our opponents we have beaten/lost to; compared to their opponents?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prophet speaks knowledge, I have found the same thing. I have tremendous respect for Melrose, but also for Ridgeway.

And for the record, Henry County is no cream puff! We won't be bowled over.

Hey prophet - what comparison can you make from our opponents we have beaten/lost to; compared to their opponents?

Well, it is a tough comparison, we did play 7 teams that had winning records out of 10. our opponents were a combined 61-39. Melrose schedule featured something like 40-50 (dont know the record of the team from Missouri) These records do not tell anything but that we played a tougher schedule. We are only 3-4 against teams with a winnng record. JCM and RIdgeway being two of those teams that are still in the playoffs and two teams that beat us. We are much better now than we were in week 0, as I am sure Ridgeway is too. JCM is a team that we played a descent ball game but by no means as good as we could have. We are better now, we played that game without McNairl in the 4th quarter and still had a chance to win. I am not as impressed with the last few games that Melrose played as I am in the beginning of the season, I look at our wins over Northside, Munford, even Fairley, those are games we should win. Although Dickson county had a losing record, it was a huge victory for our team, We had not beaten them in years. Melrose has tradition and we are trying to build one,

Schedules at this point, are meaningless to me, I usually mention them and I did in this case due to my beliefs of Ridgeway having an excellent team as well as Melrose.

Hey RedPride! How about that game! No worries, I don't want to be part of anybody's Dirty Dozen. Let's keep ourselves the extreme underdog's. We know who we are and how good we can play!

I hope the Yanker will be on our side this week! It will be tough on this thread...

The Yanker is with you. I was disappointed with the play of JCM but it seems that HC came ready to play from what I hear. I think JCM paid too much attention to the 2-8 record. HC better be ready for a great Melrose team. I do know something about them. I will return a little later ( have a business meeting). Before I go let me thank Coacht for the 5 stars on this thread because he knew theis thread would be led by the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER!

It is going to be a great week, I can only remember this type of game as being one that a player plays for and a coach coaches for. To line up in a playoff game against a slid opponent and do what you do, be it play, coach, or cheer your team on, no body cares for the games that have no meaning. This is the reason we are all involve. I look forward to the great football atmosphere of Melrose. I look forward to a great football game being played by two teams with something to prove. SOme maly say Melrose has nothing to prove, I beg to differ, they are on a mission to win a state title, surely they are not content to have been the runner up twice in recsent years. We are all playing for title, and each play is important from here on. It is easy to throw the football against a team that is down, not so easy when every play counts. I will be interested to see if Melrose heaves the long ball constantly when all they need is a first down. Big passing numbers do not mean a good passing game, sometimes it may have something to do with the pass defense.

The Yanker is with you. I was disappointed with the play of JCM but it seems that HC came ready to play from what I hear. I think JCM paid too much attention to the 2-8 record. HC better be ready for a great Melrose team. I do know something about them. I will return a little later ( have a business meeting). Before I go let me thank Coacht for the 5 stars on this thread because he knew theis thread would be led by the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER!

Led by, this is the 3rd page, you are defiitely a follower.

Welcome back Yanker! I have to agree with the prophet on his previous post, we have been up and running on this thread since Saturday - didn't hear from you and still got our 5-stars! I think it had something to do with TraderB and OMW! :P

But it is time to get serious about this one. I have heard that Melrose likes to trix it up quite a bit on offense. Complicated reverses, halfback passes, shuttle passes, etc. Our boyz will have to be ready to not be fooled by such plays.

I want to wish HC the best of luck. It'll be a hard battle for both 7-4A teams this week, but I think it's possible for both to pull it out. I'd love to see you guys back at the Rock next week!

As far as your trip to the Mound goes, VG is accurate with his descriptions. We had (3)fan buses, the band bus and numerous cars go down and we were still "covered and smothered" on the visitors' side. They'll tend to continually press in on your space. The "key rattling" was for the most part humorous, but I'll give it to them, they have a great enthusiastic crowd . They do line the fences 3-6 deep and will also line up behind your players and taunt them too. They even tried to get in the cheerleaders area to get closer to some of the players. This being said, HC also has some great fans and I think if you bring double your normal "air horns",shaker cans, etc., you'll be in good shape!

Again, GOOD LUCK & GO 7-4A!!!!

Thanks for the support CLFan! Come and visit the thread often this week, I have a feeling it is going to be exciting! Of course nothing compared to the game itself!!! We are rooting for your Cougers this week as well!

Ummm.......Obnoxious - Highly offensive, deserving of censure, odiously or disgustingly objectionable. exposed to something unpleasant or harmful. That's scary!

Come on down and enjoy the game. Our defense is more disruptive than the fans. Our rep as fans is growing faster than the fish that the fisherman claimed broke his reel!

OrangemoundWest

I've to the Mound on several occasions. The fans are fun-loving and confident...nothing to fear. The atmosphere will be great. Melrose should win this game but HC can definitely win it. They will be MUCH better than Melrose expects and that will help HC out. More later.

I've to the Mound on several occasions. The fans are fun-loving and confident...nothing to fear. The atmosphere will be great. Melrose should win this game but HC can definitely win it. They will be MUCH better than Melrose expects and that will help HC out. More later.

One thing about the Yanker, he always keeps in mind that the underdog can win if overlooked. It has irritated me in the past but not this week.

Melrose is a dominant program, they have earned the reputation as being the team to beat in the west for 4A. Not taking anything away from their accomplishments, but I went and looked at Ridgeways schedule and I looked at Melrose's Schedule, the same that you said about Ridgeway could be said about Melrose.

I have no idea about the team from Missouri, aside from that I see 2 teams on their schedule with a winning record, Christian Brothers and East, Melrose lost one of those games. With wins over a 2-8 kingsbury, 3-7 Hamilton, 3-7 Raleigh Egypt, 5-5 Fairley, and 0-10 Northside in their last 5 games. That is 13-37 folks and dont think that the offensive balance you speak of will come so easily against a good opponent. I remember someone saying that Melrose has had an improved passing game of late, that leads me to believe that it was not real good early, well

early in the year there was East and Briarcrest andChristioan brothers on the schedule. Correlation I would say so.

Now you say that Ridgeway beat a bunch of cream puffs, what about Melrose, who did the beat other than East with a winning record?

Don't underestimate them young prophet but I get your point and the Yanker is with you on this one!

It is going to be a great week, I can only remember this type of game as being one that a player plays for and a coach coaches for. To line up in a playoff game against a slid opponent and do what you do, be it play, coach, or cheer your team on, no body cares for the games that have no meaning. This is the reason we are all involve. I look forward to the great football atmosphere of Melrose. I look forward to a great football game being played by two teams with something to prove. SOme maly say Melrose has nothing to prove, I beg to differ, they are on a mission to win a state title, surely they are not content to have been the runner up twice in recsent years. We are all playing for title, and each play is important from here on. It is easy to throw the football against a team that is down, not so easy when every play counts. I will be interested to see if Melrose heaves the long ball constantly when all they need is a first down. Big passing numbers do not mean a good passing game, sometimes it may have something to do with the pass defense.

Led by, this is the 3rd page, you are defiitely a follower.

The Yanker must work for a living but Coacht saw fit to give us the stars because the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER would be on board!

Don't underestimate them young prophet but I get your point and the Yanker is with you on this one!

Underestimate them? They may be the best team we have played all year, definitely one of the best in West TN. I was not trying to talk negative about them, I was trying to speak positive about Ridgeway.

For another one of your posts, I do think that HC can win, they are a definite underdog and I do not think that it is an overlooking issue if HC does win the ball game, it may be but we can win even if they do not overlook us.