Round 2 Huntingdon vs. Carver

truth225

I heard the field was in terrible shape....that it has alot of dirt and rough spots....I dont believe the field is located at the school, if I remember correctly.

The game is at Whitehaven. The field isn't in as bad of shape as it has been in the past. The field has good grass outside the hashes but some dirt spots in the middle. The stadium is in good shape with plenty seats for everyone that wants to go. Carver's quarterback is the real deal and must be a great student because some Ivy League schools are interested in him. They are a very classy group with the coaches showing the leadership. Good luck to Huntingdon and region 7AA. Donald, Snyder, Weathers and the defense will do a great job under the instruction of Mike Mansfield, Jimmy Pritchard and company.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see the Carver/Huntingdon game. I think Carver will play with H'town for awhile but will bow out in the second half. I'm just wondering Stang fans, has Huntingdon ever had to travel this far, this early in the playoffs before? It seems to me like they always are at home.

I believe the Huntingdon Mustang fans would follow our team anywhere.....it's never too far......I wish you could see us at the boro.....we usually fill the half we are in...go back and look at the pics on here.....WE LOVE OUR STANGS

I'd like to see the Carver/Huntingdon game. I think Carver will play with H'town for awhile but will bow out in the second half. I'm just wondering Stang fans, has Huntingdon ever had to travel this far, this early in the playoffs before? It seems to me like they always are at home.

Yes the Mustangs have traveled farther to play a playoff game. Can't exactly remember the years but the Mustangs went to Loretto 144 miles from my house and they played at Lipscomb in Nashville several years ago.

Alright gcounty5 I got your info (I think) This is put together by looking at the media guide and trying to recollect BUT is not 100% guaranteed for accuracy.

2004 Region 6 2a Champs-Lost to Alcoa in State Championship game

2003 Region 6 2a Champs- STATE CHAMPIONS

2002 Region 6 2a Champs- Lost in 1st round to Fairview

2001 Runner-up -Lost in 1st round to Harpeth

2000 Region runner-up to Union City- Lost 4th round to UC

1999 3rd Region- Lost to Goodpasture in State Championship game

1998 Region 7 2a Champs- Lost 3rd round to Milan

1997 4th Region- Lost 4th round to UC

1996 Region runner-up to Westview- Lost 4th round to Goodpasture

1995 4th Region- Lost in 2nd round to Lewis County

1994 Region runner-up- Lost in 2nd round to David Lipscomb

1993 4th Region- Lost in 1st round to Memphis Briarcrest

I hope the players are not worried as much as the fans are about who they will be playing next week or we may be playing basketball! G W Carver has a very good football team:

1. They will probably have the most talented team we will face all year.

2. They held Trenton to only 17 yards rushing.

3. They lost 3 games to some very good teams: Christian Brothers, Memphis Briarcrest, and South Panola MS a top 25 team in the nation.

Mansfield will have his hands full keeping his team focused on the task at hand.

I've heard several fans say they were going to watch the Milan-Westview game

as if the Huntingdon game will be easy or they did't want to make the long trip, we're going to need all the support we can get in Memphis!!!!!

Edited by radioman27

I dont think after the Stangs seeing film on Carver they will be overlooking them. ;) C'mon Stang fans make the trip to Mempho, somebody told me there was a good resturant to eat at off the Wolfchase exit....Hooters or Cooters or Shooters or something like that. Supposed to have some pretty good wangs.

Mr. Mustang...pass up on the Krystal gut-bombs and eat at a real resturant on this trip!!! :lol:

P.S. Huntingdon 26 Carver 16 :lol:

Alright gcounty5 I got your info (I think) This is put together by looking at the media guide and trying to recollect BUT is not 100% guaranteed for accuracy.

2004 Region 6 2a Champs-Lost to Alcoa in State Championship game

2003 Region 6 2a Champs- STATE CHAMPIONS

2002 Region 6 2a Champs- Lost in 1st round to Fairview

2001 Runner-up -Lost in 1st round to Harpeth

2000 Region runner-up to Union City- Lost 4th round to UC

1999 3rd Region- Lost to Goodpasture in State Championship game

1998 Region 7 2a Champs- Lost 3rd round to Milan

1997 4th Region- Lost 4th round to UC

1996 Region runner-up to Westview- Lost 4th round to Goodpasture

1995 4th Region- Lost in 2nd round to Lewis County

1994 Region runner-up- Lost in 2nd round to David Lipscomb

1993 4th Region- Lost in 1st round to Memphis Briarcrest

Huntingdon won the region in 1996. Huntingdon, Peabody and Westview all had 6-1 region records that year. Huntingdon was first because of the tiebreaker. Westview only played 9 games that year. Huntingdon beat Peabody 14-12 in week 2 in one of the best high school games I had ever seen.