Riverdale vs Smyrna

82cat

this is a scary game for me smyrna is a good team and you take a way the 3rd quarter and we have a much closer game i am sure that coach shad will bring that to his teams attention i really like the wilks kid and i have liked sonny since he was 5 years old however i think our experince will get us through the game this year but the next 2 years we better look out

RIVERDALE 28

smyrna 10

now onto fball comments are you mad at me for busting you in an outright LIE with the locke thing Also if you have been to any of our games you will see that we get no love fromthe official our defender put his hands on a guy literally while they were both going out of bounds and we got the 15 yard penalty i dont have the stats but i bet that we average around 75 yard in penalties agame so you dont have to wrry about them doing us any favors

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even the whole 3rd qtr about 6 minutes of it equaled 23 points wrapped and delivered to Riverdale. Give rdale credit as always you make a mistake and they make the plays to capitalize on them but wow until the bad snap on the punt and the recovery at smyrna one yrd line smyrna was on the verge of taking control of the game becasue for whatever reason Riverdale plaued about as flat as I have ever seen.

I am sure after the last win they will once again come in feeling pretty good about themselves and looking ahead to wc or cookeville.

As you know I have never came on here and said anything about Smyrna beating Riverdale as a matter of fact I have said till you beat them just shut up but this game has a different feel to it and If I was Riverdale I would be a little worried about this game.

My reasoning is simple and these are my opinions ( I am sure others will dis agree)

1.Sonny carved their secondary to pieces the 1st half and showed a true weakness

2. Rdale was successful geting to sonny in the 3rd qtr becasue as noted above Smyrna turned the ball over got way behind and had to pass every down. Rdale with a confortable lead sent the house every play and made the right adjustments

basically saying we have to go get him because he can falt throw if given time

Smyrna will review the blocking assignments and also make some personnel changes to address blocking assignments and sonny will have more time.

3. Last game was the 1st time rdale did not out physical Smyrna they could not just line up and run it at us as they had in past games. There have been many times over the yrs we quite frankly could not handle them physically but our defense line is now deep enough and strong enough to hold therre own.

4. You only have to be better than riverdale on this one night they may beat you 9 out of ten times if you played but for one night you have to be better for 48 minutes

Personnel comparisions

qb -- gray vs thomas -- smyrna (thomas does a good job in what he is asked to do but he is no where near as accurate or a strong a thrower as sonny)

tb -- miller about 1500 yrds vs maceo harris/hnedricks about 1500 yards - even

o line -- rdale

d -line -- smyrna

Lbs - rdale sl advantage because of Butler if haelthy - rdale

wrs - 37 14 vs wilks,martin,croach, - smyrna ( because Smyrna uses wr more as rdale is more of a running team)

dbs - even neither has distinguished themselves

intangibles -

riverdales experience & expectations must be overcome

Just like Lavergnes one victory over Smyrna if you play a team over and over sooner or later the odds that they will win a game go up

So there you go for the reasons I believe Smyrna will win this friday night. A lot of folks have looked at the score of last game and said same old stuff but anybody that saw the 1st half knows Smyrna is a dangerous team that has played a brutal schedule and expects a tough battle.

I expect it to go down to the wire and be a tremendous struggle and maybe for once the ball will bounce our way becasue we are due.

Not even the whole 3rd qtr about 6 minutes of it equaled 23 points wrapped and delivered to Riverdale. Give rdale credit as always you make a mistake and they make the plays to capitalize on them but wow until the bad snap on the punt and the recovery at smyrna one yrd line smyrna was on the verge of taking control of the game becasue for whatever reason Riverdale plaued about as flat as I have ever seen.

I am sure after the last win they will once again come in feeling pretty good about themselves and looking ahead to wc or cookeville.

As you know I have never came on here and said anything about Smyrna beating Riverdale as a matter of fact I have said till you beat them just shut up but this game has a different feel to it and If I was Riverdale I would be a little worried about this game.

My reasoning is simple and these are my opinions ( I am sure others will dis agree)

1.Sonny carved their secondary to pieces the 1st half and showed a true weakness

2. Rdale was successful geting to sonny in the 3rd qtr becasue as noted above Smyrna turned the ball over got way behind and had to pass every down. Rdale with a confortable lead sent the house every play and made the right adjustments

basically saying we have to go get him because he can falt throw if given time

Smyrna will review the blocking assignments and also make some personnel changes to address blocking assignments and sonny will have more time.

3. Last game was the 1st time rdale did not out physical Smyrna they could not just line up and run it at us as they had in past games. There have been many times over the yrs we quite frankly could not handle them physically but our defense line is now deep enough and strong enough to hold therre own.

4. You only have to be better than riverdale on this one night they may beat you 9 out of ten times if you played but for one night you have to be better for 48 minutes

Personnel comparisions

qb -- gray vs thomas -- smyrna (thomas does a good job in what he is asked to do but he is no where near as accurate or a strong a thrower as sonny)

tb -- miller about 1500 yrds vs maceo harris/hnedricks about 1500 yards - even

o line -- rdale

d -line -- smyrna

Lbs - rdale sl advantage because of Butler if haelthy - rdale

wrs - 37 14 vs wilks,martin,croach, - smyrna ( because Smyrna uses wr more as rdale is more of a running team)

dbs - even neither has distinguished themselves

intangibles -

riverdales experience & expectations must be overcome

Just like Lavergnes one victory over Smyrna if you play a team over and over sooner or later the odds that they will win a game go up

So there you go for the reasons I believe Smyrna will win this friday night. A lot of folks have looked at the score of last game and said same old stuff but anybody that saw the 1st half knows Smyrna is a dangerous team that has played a brutal schedule and expects a tough battle.

I expect it to go down to the wire and be a tremendous struggle and maybe for once the ball will bounce our way becasue we are due.

I agree with everything you have said.

Riverdale - 42

Smyrna - 14

'Cat, that was a good post. I certainly don't agree with all of it but at least you are clearly stating your opinions.

I also noticed that you changed you approach on this one. 'Cat predicting a win is new territory.

I wouldn't agree that Smyrna was on the verge of taking control of the last game. I'm getting old and my memory isn't very good but I just don't remember that. It was a very good battle through the first half though.

I like Riverdale's D-line a lot. Not sure I would trade D-lines with you guys. They are all underclassmen and seem to be getting better each week.

On the QBs, I'll have to get home and check out my stat sheets before I challenge you on that one. I know Gray has lots of yardage but I always like to look at the interceptions when comparing QBs. Scott has played very, very well...especially the last few games.

I really like your group of WRs. They are one of the best groups around.

Everyone healthy for Smyrna? Heard Gray tweaked a wrist in the last game?

Everyone is fine including Sonny.

My main point is this

Smyrna is good enough to beat Riverdale period and it is time to get it done.

My main point is it is not like we are bringing a skill less team with no weapons

It wouldn't be like the biggest upset in history or anything because as I have said Smyrna has some players.

I expect Smyrna to protect Sonny and not turn the ball over if we do that then we will win.

By the way despite all the hate you hear about this game, Last game was pretty well played and not a lot of bs among the players and actually saw some players helping others up and stuff so maybe they will just come to play and let the fans do all the hating.

This will be the 7th time the Smyrna seniors have played against riverdale counting the freshman year so there are no mysteries here. After friday they will have played 28 qtrs against each other in 4 years.

The last 2 years have been a tale of 2 different halfs

1st half = 4 qtrs- Riverdale 21 Smyrna 14 ( obviously this is the 4qtrs I wan to see)

2nd half = riverdale 65 Smyrna 7

not hard to see that the 3rd qtr has killed Smyrna

sooner or later the 3rd qtr turnovers will not happen and we can play 4 qtrs of tough football and see what happens.

cat,

I agree that Smyrna seems to hand Riverdale a whole lot of presents, sometimes in bunches. Do you think it has reached the point where it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy? How can the dawgs overcome the pattern of having one mistake become many? I think it is somewhat in their heads at this point.

I doubt Riverdale is overlooking Smyrna, for exactly the reasons you posted.

The last 2 meetings have resulted in 0 first quarter points. I expect Riverdale to come out ready to play and change that. If Riverdale plays to the best of their abilities, no one can beat them. But if they slack off, Smyrna is the type of team that WILL beat them. Remember that Warriors, while it has never happened before, if you slack off, you will pay for it.

The team who creates the most turnovers, has the most time of possesion, and who plays 100% of what they are capible of will win this game. While it could be the Bulldogs, I am expecting a Warrior win. My prediction from earlier:

Check the new sig (its for 82cat) :lol:

My Prediction:

Riverdale...42

Opponent...17

Would be higher than that, but its the playoffs and Riverdale won't wanna give other coaches to much to scout off of.

Once again our trashy neighbors are talking trash. Smyrna has nothing to offer to the football of this state. ShadNOwins is not a coach that can outcoach Rankin. Heck he barely has control of his own team. He is not respected around the Smyrna community and not liked by the teachers or some kids there. Like it was said earlier this is the history of this ball game;

1976: Riverdale 41, Smyrna 14

1977: Riverdale 21, Smyrna 7

1978: Riverdale 27, Smyrna 7

1979: Riverdale 13, Smyrna 0

1980: Riverdale 21, Smyrna 7

1995: Riverdale 22, Smyrna 6

1996: Riverdale 46, Smyrna 13

1997: Riverdale 47, Smyrna 0

1998: Riverdale 27, Smyrna 13

2001: Riverdale 51, Smyrna 7

2002: Riverdale 38, Smyrna 0

2003: Riverdale 20, Smyrna 7

2004: Riverdale 65, Smyrna 20

Riverdale 35, Smyrna 0

2005: Riverdale 51, Smyrna 20

What makes the bulldoggies thinking VICTORY? I think because they have faulse hopes to say it nicely.

I believe that Riverdale wins by at least 3 touchdowns.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

I would prefer that we talk about the game and leave all of the trash-talking and name calling until the off-season.

Shadowens has built Smyrna into a perennial playoff team. They are there every year now and will be there next year as well. I had them picked 2d in the region this year based on the job he has done. They didn't quite get the 2d seed because WC is also doing a great job of building their program.

There have been some issues between the teams the last couple years but I totally respect what they are doing on the field. I still think Riverdale wins this one but expect that Smyrna will make it a great game. If we don't show up ready they will send us packing.

Once again our trashy neighbors are talking trash. Smyrna has nothing to offer to the football of this state. ShadNOwins is not a coach that can outcoach Rankin. Heck he barely has control of his own team. He is not respected around the Smyrna community and not liked by the teachers or some kids there. Like it was said earlier this is the history of this ball game;

1976: Riverdale 41, Smyrna 14

1977: Riverdale 21, Smyrna 7

1978: Riverdale 27, Smyrna 7

1979: Riverdale 13, Smyrna 0

1980: Riverdale 21, Smyrna 7

1995: Riverdale 22, Smyrna 6

1996: Riverdale 46, Smyrna 13

1997: Riverdale 47, Smyrna 0

1998: Riverdale 27, Smyrna 13

2001: Riverdale 51, Smyrna 7

2002: Riverdale 38, Smyrna 0

2003: Riverdale 20, Smyrna 7

2004: Riverdale 65, Smyrna 20

Riverdale 35, Smyrna 0

2005: Riverdale 51, Smyrna 20

What makes the bulldoggies thinking VICTORY? I think because they have faulse hopes to say it nicely.

I believe that Riverdale wins by at least 3 touchdowns.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

It is ignorance like yours that makes this world go round rock. Go ahead and live in that little world in your head. Ignorance is bliss! <_<

Wow, a fella can get beat up pretty good in this thread but I can take it. They say it's hard to beat the same team twice in one year but in this case Riverdale will find the ways necessary to beat Smyrna worse than before. Until somebody proves it on the field I'm going with Riverdale. Before you Smyrna guys get too excited, I'm a GreenWave fan so I really don't have a dog in the hunt. In fact if we are so lucky I'd rather take my chances against the Bulldogs somewhere down the road ...it aint happening for either of us.

Wow, a fella can get beat up pretty good in this thread but I can take it. They say it's hard to beat the same team twice in one year but in this case Riverdale will find the ways necessary to beat Smyrna worse than before. Until somebody proves it on the field I'm going with Riverdale. Before you Smyrna guys get too excited, I'm a GreenWave fan so I really don't have a dog in the hunt. In fact if we are so lucky I'd rather take my chances against the Bulldogs somewhere down the road ...it aint happening for either of us.

There are 15 5a teams left not counting Smyrna and Smyrna has already played 4 of them! So excuse me but a perinneally over rated Gallatin team doesn't strike much fear. We could only be so lucky!