Coalfield vs. Cloudland 2nd round!

Guest Shocker0

Amen, pujo. Jonah Horney was the one player Cloudland could ill-afford to lose.

CYJacket, you make a Great Point. Acie and Gary are the ones to put an END to this.

sportiemom, I just can't help it ....I love you. Sallee looks great, getting the wheels back under her. I like this team a lot.

Tell the Major to get in touch.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen, pujo. Jonah Horney was the one player Cloudland could ill-afford to lose.

CYJacket, you make a Great Point. Acie and Gary are the ones to put an END to this.

sportiemom, I just can't help it ....I love you. Sallee looks great, getting the wheels back under her. I like this team a lot.

Tell the Major to get in touch.

Krich,

Garry will stop it if he sees it, I promise. I have known him for 25 years, he is part of my family. He learned how to behave on the football field at Neyland under Coach Dickie. He does not tolerate his players having bad behavior. If he sees it it will be punished to the point he can. Remember these are kids, they are a bit unpredictable.

Again, good game tonight. Two very good football teams.

The final was 6-13 one of the best games I have seen in a long time a bit sloppy but good game Cloudland was a good football team & played well & to explain the outcome I HAVE NO IDEA Cloudland done everything they could to win & some way some how Coalfield pulled it out in the end but anyways Grats to Coalfield lets get rdy for Hampton & Cloudland Great ball team with alot of class I respect everything Cloudland football program has done in the past & what they will do in years to come.

congrats to coalfield that was a heck of a game i only wish jonah horney hadnt got injured early cloudlands whole offense revolves around him i believe the outcome would have been different if he hadnt went out early with the ankle injury we couldnt move the ball after that.anyways it was a good clean game played with class on both sides.also congrats to the whole cloudland team you guys have played with alot of heart this year i think you all have earned some respect

Edited by cuda44069

congrats to coalfield that was a heck of a game i only wish jonah horney hadnt got injured early cloudlands whole offense revolves around him i believe the outcome would have been different if he hadnt went out early with the ankle injury we couldnt move the ball after that.anyways it was a good clean game played with class on both sides.also congrats to the whole cloudland team you guys have with alot of heart this year i think you all have earned some respect

We will miss you seniors, I love the way you guys stepped up this season. Roan Mt is proud to have such warriors represent us. I didn't want to see a rematch with Hampton ,but I sure did want you to win. SORRY FELLERS.

Tonight was a great game played by both teams. Cloudland did the best they could without 75 percent of their offense. I look for Cloudland to make it back to state in 2 to 4 years. They will be much better next year than everyone thinks. Don't be surprised to see Cloudland and Hampton duke it out again for the top spot. Congrats to the seniors. I know its tough, but don't hang your heads. You guys have really turned things around in the post-Byrd era. Cloudland football has not went anywhere.

As for class, Coalfield showed great sportsmanship. There was no cheap shots. Maybe a little jawing, but hey thats football. I think Unaka is the one with the problem. I know the coaches will work it out, but Unaka needs to get the chip off their shoulder and just get better at the game of football. No need to run your mouth if you can't back it up with W's.

Tonight was a great game played by both teams. Cloudland did the best they could without 75 percent of their offense. I look for Cloudland to make it back to state in 2 to 4 years. They will be much better next year than everyone thinks. Don't be surprised to see Cloudland and Hampton duke it out again for the top spot. Congrats to the seniors. I know its tough, but don't hang your heads. You guys have really turned things around in the post-Byrd era. Cloudland football has not went anywhere.

As for class, Coalfield showed great sportsmanship. There was no cheap shots. Maybe a little jawing, but hey thats football. I think Unaka is the one with the problem. I know the coaches will work it out, but Unaka needs to get the chip off their shoulder and just get better at the game of football. No need to run your mouth if you can't back it up with W's.

King, that Cloudland bunch played with a lot of heart and earned a lot of respect from Coalfield coaches, fans and players for playing the game hard and with a lot of class. The Highlanders have some tough kids (#61 at RG is a hoss), and had a very effective game plan. If Horney doesn't go down, it could have been a different outcome, but by the same token, if Coalfield doesn't have six turnovers it might be a bigger margin. Great job by Cloudland though for proving they deserved to be in the Sweet Sixteen. Tremendous comeback by Coalfield in the 4th quarter: the team showed a lot of character to score two TD's in the final 9 minutes to notch the win.

Good post. Like I said earlier in this thread, the Cloudland DB's are next to impossible to throw on. The 4 interceptons were not a fluke. They've done that to just about everyone this year. As for Coalfield, I was impressed with the Davis kid. Our corner had him covered and he still made the catch and turned it into a big play. Many call it luck, I call it skill. As for Horney, playing without him is like going deer hunting without a gun. He will be sorely missed.