Coalfield vs. Cloudland 2nd round!

Guest Shocker0

I hope Cloudland can win again just so Hampton can beat them again. All I have been hearing is (even though Hampton beat them) Cloudland is still the better team. I seen Cloudland play 2 or 3 times this year and they haven't impressed me yet. I believe when they played Hampton they play alittle "above themselves" that game. There is no way that they could ever pas that way again. Some people have even told me that Hampton played their best that night to beat Cloudland. HAHA!!!! That is absurd. Hampton has not played their best game all year. The closest they came to playing their best was against Happy Valley. They should have beaten the Warriors worse than they did, but 2 miscues inside the 5 yard line didn't help. Hampton came ready to play that night. As for Cloudland, they have already played their best game. AGAINST HAMPTON!!!!!

Evidently jack, you haven't watched many games, because Cloudland has passed well all year. Winchester has passed for over 800 yards. They don't need to impress while on the field, all they need to do is do the things to get the win. They have played "above themselves" all year because no one thought they would be near this good, but these boys are tough and are out to prove a point. CHS football is back and they will win tomorrow night.

CHS- 24

Coalfield- 7

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this topic is suppost to be about Coalfield & Cloudland not Unaka (coulda woulda shoulda) or Hamptons (we beat u last time we will do it again junk) go talk in your own topic well Hampton go talk in yours because I dont think Unaka has any more topics. Better yet Ill make a topic for Unaka (dont beat us on the scoreboard or we will tell ppl what could have happend if we did this or that).

The only problem I have with the whole deal is this. Before the season ever started, I read several posts talking about a region 2 sweep. Poor little pitiful region 1 . Before the playoffs started ,they were claiming victories in three out of 4, saying Hampton was the only one with a chance, saying it would be close, and they might even get beat. Now the Coalfield people are claiming to be head and sholders better than the other teams remaining. I absolutely don't share their opinion. The Midway guy said Cloudland was BIG fast and PHSYICAL. Wait till you get on the field with Hampton. People say Cloudland and Hampton haven't played anyone. Its my opinion , both have played a tougher schedule than the remaining region 2 teams. I am a huge fan of both these schools and I take exception when people who don't have a clue what they are talking about, try to make us look bad. Talk is cheap. WHERES THE BEEF. Now give us the respect we deserve and we can talk. Now LANDERS and BULLDOGS ,lets see if we can get their attention. GO LANDOGS. Show a little mountain pride..

You seem to be pretty good at misquoting people. I am the one who said coalfield was head and shoulders above the rest of the teams in their region. I never said anything about them being better than any team from any other region when I made that statement. It was made because someone stated that they believed Midway was just as good as Coalfield. Secondly I stated that I was not from Coalfiled, all my opinions are based on respect for their program and what they have accomplished and I NEVER tried to make you or any other team look bad. You even state in your own post that people were giving Hampton a chance, yet you claim they are getting no respect. If you want people to respect your opinions you should respect theirs as well and not get all bent out of shape because somebody has a different opinion that you do. High school sports is built on rivalries and fans love to voice their opinion, especially when it is about their favorite team. Of course people are going to say their team can beat your team, blah, blah, blah. If that upsets you then you take it way to serious. A message board would be pretty boring if we all had the same opinion now wouldn't it?

From way back in the dark of a closet, I hear Coalfield wins 42-14 GO Coalfield... :thumb:

You better get out of that closet and get you a little air, its evidently giving you brain damage.

Cloudland 158

Coalfield 1

Ask how you can get 1 point, Cloudland had 159 and felt sorry for you and let you have one.

redwallOutcast, Cloudland has had some people hurt this year and may have not looked their best when you saw them. But you Hampton fans and players shouldn't be looking at the 3rd round yet, you better play well tonight. Cloudland is taking Coalfield very serious, they are very even and looks like a good game tonight. Why is Hampton so happy about going to the 3rd round, if Cloudland lose's do you think that you can just walk all over Coalfield, I don't think so. I know you don't know how to react when you get to the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs since you haven't been years so I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

pujo, You must have LOST what little mind you have Coalfield by 24 or more. I have been trying to figure out what pujo stands for so after careful consideration I got it.

PUJO- PUNK UGLY JERK ONBOARD- LOL What you think CYjacket...GO COALFIELD... :thumb:;):):D:thumb:

Edited by BBALLTN

Close to game time...few hours away...I know cloudland will give Coalfield a game, i had to travel up that way back in...2001 my Sophomore year and that was the longest bus ride home...But this year will be a bit different, Cloudland is down from the year without the Byrd kid and the 300 pound line....Coalfield wins tonight, 30-14. Good Luck to Both teams and Go Jackets....

redwallOutcast, Cloudland has had some people hurt this year and may have not looked their best when you saw them. But you Hampton fans and players shouldn't be looking at the 3rd round yet, you better play well tonight. Cloudland is taking Coalfield very serious, they are very even and looks like a good game tonight. Why is Hampton so happy about going to the 3rd round, if Cloudland lose's do you think that you can just walk all over Coalfield, I don't think so. I know you don't know how to react when you get to the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs since you haven't been years so I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. I know Hampton will have a tough game tonight and against whoever they play in the 3rd round. Really, at the start of the playoffs, I didn't think that Hampton would make it out of the 2nd round and Cloudland wouldn't beat Midway. That is only because I thought Region 2 was as strong as they were last year when they routed everybody in region 1. After the 1st round I have seen that they are not as good as last year. I just hope Hampton and Cloudland play again so everybody can see Hampton play "good," because I do not believe that they played well against Cloudland or Sunbright for that matter.

I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. I know Hampton will have a tough game tonight and against whoever they play in the 3rd round. Really, at the start of the playoffs, I didn't think that Hampton would make it out of the 2nd round and Cloudland wouldn't beat Midway. That is only because I thought Region 2 was as strong as they were last year when they routed everybody in region 1. After the 1st round I have seen that they are not as good as last year. I just hope Hampton and Cloudland play again so everybody can see Hampton play "good," because I do not believe that they played well against Cloudland or Sunbright for that matter.

I was just saying that I hope that Cloudland plays well tonight and we see Hampton in the 3rd round, but if we don't who is to say you all will be sitting in the hot seat next Friday morning.