Fayette Academy @ Union City

treefitty74

Very true. USJ would have definately struggled in 1A this year as well. They could have very easily had their worst team in school history. Even in 2003 when they completely fell apart cause they lost some players to injury, I don't think they were still as bad as they were this year. They could have easily lost to Manassas and finished 4th in the region this year for one reason: they can't tackle and LaDerrick Vaughn would have had a field day.

Now about the games. I expect to see one very good game and one blowout of a game.

In this one, both teams really want to do the same thing to one another. Fayette Academy and Union City are both smashmouth win with blocking and tackling types of football teams. It will come down to whoever controls the line of scrimmage and who can cut down on penalties and get a few breaks here and there. FA shouldn't expect to beat UC like they did LC if they have all the penalties they did last week. Should be a great one, if it wasn't 2 and a half hours from Memphis I would probably consider making the trip.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. USJ would have definately struggled in 1A this year as well. They could have very easily had their worst team in school history. Even in 2003 when they completely fell apart cause they lost some players to injury, I don't think they were still as bad as they were this year. They could have easily lost to Manassas and finished 4th in the region this year for one reason: they can't tackle and LaDerrick Vaughn would have had a field day.

Now about the games. I expect to see one very good game and one blowout of a game.

In this one, both teams really want to do the same thing to one another. Fayette Academy and Union City are both smashmouth win with blocking and tackling types of football teams. It will come down to whoever controls the line of scrimmage and who can cut down on penalties and get a few breaks here and there. FA shouldn't expect to beat UC like they did LC if they have all the penalties they did last week. Should be a great one, if it wasn't 2 and a half hours from Memphis I would probably consider making the trip.

U say FAV is smashmouth team compared to UC they are a baby bite team, they dont have a shot to pound UC in any kind of way. thurr wont be to many 1a teams that can run the ball on UC and there pass defense will be good for them to

LIKE I SAID BEFORE

SHUT UP AND GO WATCH THE BUTT SPANKING THAT FAV TAKE FRIDAY NIGH WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM.

IM TIRED OF YALL TALKING SMACK ABOUT THEY PLAY HARD WELL UNION CITY PLAYS HARD TO

FAV MIGHT AS WELL LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD BECAUSE THERE SEASON WILL BE OVER AFTER THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT

AND DATS THE TRUTH

BY THE WAY I WANT TO THANK FAV FANS FOR JOIN THE CONVERSATION, AND I WANT TO TELL YALL TO KEEP ON POSTING AND UP LIFTING YOUR TEAM BECAUSE FRIDAY THEY WILL NEED TO REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SEASON WHEN THEY FINISH PUTTING PADS UP AND GIVING JERSEYS BACK TO THE COACHES.

THANK YOU

THNAK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING

THE TRUTH HAS SPOKEN

U say FAV is smashmouth team compared to UC they are a baby bite team, they dont have a shot to pound UC in any kind of way. thurr wont be to many 1a teams that can run the ball on UC and there pass defense will be good for them to

LIKE I SAID BEFORE

SHUT UP AND GO WATCH THE BUTT SPANKING THAT FAV TAKE FRIDAY NIGH WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM.

IM TIRED OF YALL TALKING SMACK ABOUT THEY PLAY HARD WELL UNION CITY PLAYS HARD TO

FAV MIGHT AS WELL LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD BECAUSE THERE SEASON WILL BE OVER AFTER THE GAME FRIDAY NIGHT

AND DATS THE TRUTH

BY THE WAY I WANT TO THANK FAV FANS FOR JOIN THE CONVERSATION, AND I WANT TO TELL YALL TO KEEP ON POSTING AND UP LIFTING YOUR TEAM BECAUSE FRIDAY THEY WILL NEED TO REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SEASON WHEN THEY FINISH PUTTING PADS UP AND GIVING JERSEYS BACK TO THE COACHES.

THANK YOU

THNAK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING

THE TRUTH HAS SPOKEN

lol..hes funny...and "dats" the truth!!! lol :thumb:

Huh?

Those are just some of the members on here who are taking FA lightly. I think people from Somerville are really just acustomed to being the underdog. Me personally it doesnt bother, although I think that team is alot better than people give them credit.

Please forgive them for making a game prediction. It's not like ALL those people are predicting a blowout, just one.

Please forgive them for making a game prediction. It's not like ALL those people are predicting a blowout, just one.

I never critisized anyone for making a game prediction. Someone said that people aren't taking FA lightly and I pointed out where he was wrong. Anything wrong with that?

Ok, this really has nothing do with the game either way .... but I came to a realization last night while watching the Colts whip the Patriots.

Never ... and, I mean NEVER ... has any team I've hyped going into a game actually won. Everytime I get an alligator mouth about my favorite teams, those teams play with Jaybird butts and get beat.

So, I've been on here hyping the Golden Tornadoes (which, by the way, is not disrespecting FA or taking FA lightly) on here, and now I'm worried about my team not backing up my talk.

Oh, I'm serious. I swim in a river of paranoia that runs wide, deep and long. ;)

Where my executive decision came from was all the preseason hype people put on Reg.7-1A.....Go back and look in preseason publications....The only team that played up to the hype was Union City.....Like I said before,Fayette Acd and JCS are good for 1A....IF thats a diss,so be it...Union City has been playing some of the toughest competition in the state for years,so I have seen tough competition and what the Tornadoes have played this year isn't tough(in 1A ball)...We will see if Fayette Acd is in the same league or level of compeptition as Westview,Milan or for that matter OCCHS who all beat Union City this year..They beat them with line play that battered a very physical Union City line...Does Fayette Acd have big,tough,nasty linemen that can match the physical style of play Union City will employ in the game??Or do the Vikings rely on a finesse type of game??...If they can't match UC's physicality or the speed of Union City's backs and defense then they will lose..You got to remember Union City is a veteran team that has been playing the Milans,Huntingdons,Westviews,Jackson Central Merrys of the world...Get my drift???.Fayette Acd will get their attention,yes..But I don't imagine they will be awed by the Vikings,by any stretch of the imagination....If the Vikings are looking for bulletin board material,then they are already beaten...One thing that has gotten my attention since the playoffs started is the lack of posts from Union City players..May mean something for their focus....Welcome to Union City and War Memorial Stadium on Friday night.....

Edited by backinthaoc

Actually, I believe that was a Perry County fan. USJ's struggles this year had absolutely ZERO to do with being in 2A. Fayette Academy beat USJ worse than Milan and Westview did. That was also FA's first ever win against USJ. I've seen Westview, Huntingdon, Milan, and JCS play this year, and, in my opinion, JCS would have been a 2nd seed in 7AA.

Anywho, I believe FA will beat Union City in a good game. Good luck, Vikings! ;)

You know everyone has an opinion thats the great thing about this country....But,JCS finishing second in 7AA..is ridiculous....

One thing that has gotten my attention since the playoffs started is the lack of posts from Union City players

Union City players posting????...whats that about?...Players have absolutely NO business posting on CoachT in my opinion. This is for the fans, the players shouldnt even be worrying about the press in the first place, this is beyond me. ;)

Personally, I am a fan of the game. Not a fan either way. I do usually watch Region 8 games because they are closer to me but I don't lean to one side or the other. In my objective opinion, I believe that this will be a good game. I haven't been keepin up with high school football as much this year as years past but from lookin back on what these teams have done throughout the season, I believe that Union City should be the favorite, but don't expect a blowout. I am not quite sure what Union City has done so far this year to make their fans believe that they are so great. True, they have played a tough schedule out of region, but they still lost those games. In my opinion, UC by a touchdown. But it will be a smashmouth game. I would love to hear some feedback from Lake County and any other teams that played both these teams this year.