Cookeville vs. Wilson Central

oldred63

Cookeville is the Region Champs and that deserves respect and I for one give it to them. The 'lack' stems from the weak schedule they have played in some minds. Take an honest look at the schedule this year and look at your opponents records and who they have played. Toughest teams y'all have played is Ootawah, Lincoln County, and LaVergne. Result of those games is only 2-1.

Now look at the opponents you have facing you and it is a whole nother ball game. WC has a very good record with a bunch of solid opponents with winning records themselves. Yes they have also played some easy teams, but they have stayed right in with some tough ones also.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville is the Region Champs and that deserves respect and I for one give it to them. The 'lack' stems from the weak schedule they have played in some minds. Take an honest look at the schedule this year and look at your opponents records and who they have played. Toughest teams y'all have played is Ootawah, Lincoln County, and LaVergne. Result of those games is only 2-1.

Now look at the opponents you have facing you and it is a whole nother ball game. WC has a very good record with a bunch of solid opponents with winning records themselves. Yes they have also played some easy teams, but they have stayed right in with some tough ones also.

Thats why if i could i would love to personally travel to cookeville high school on saturday and personally shake every senoirs hand for a wonderful season they have given their fans. Sry WC is too tuff. WC-35 CHS-28 (OT)

Thats why if i could i would love to personally travel to cookeville high school on saturday and personally shake every senoirs hand for a wonderful season they have given their fans. Sry WC is too tuff. WC-35 CHS-28 (OT)

Ok, so its apparent that no one believes in Cookeville. They've won 10 in a row and are averaging 35 points a game but are only givng up 10 points a game. Why doesnt anyone give Cookeville a chance?

The teams they beat in the regular season have a combined record of 38-52. The best team they played had a record of 8-2 and they lost that game. They played a pretty soft schedule. That's why the predictions are like they are. :D

The teams they beat in the regular season have a combined record of 38-52. The best team they played had a record of 8-2 and they lost that game. They played a pretty soft schedule. That's why the predictions are like they are. :D

That was a big slap in the face to a cookeville fan. Thank you for proving that too him so they would understand why they think they r "underated." ive been too lazy to look up cookeville stats to sho that though

The teams they beat in the regular season have a combined record of 38-52. The best team they played had a record of 8-2 and they lost that game. They played a pretty soft schedule. That's why the predictions are like they are. :lol:

Oh come on now "85warrior"

Granted,the CAVS are in a weak 5A region but they weren't just the #1 seed,they DOMINATED the region. They outscored their opponets 359 to 99 this season.They've proved they can compete in ANY 5A region.Sorry you've got a complex cause we WAXED your A** for the 11th straight time! :D

THE SQUAD :lol:

Cookeville is a very impressive organization that has a real shot at winning this game and then beating riverdale. Who knows.... Maybe Ooltewah will manage to make it to the semi-finals and set up a rematch of week 0, but that is still a long ways away and both teams need to win some VERY tough games... but just a little wishful thinking!

Cookeville is a very impressive organization that has a real shot at winning this game and then beating riverdale. Who knows.... Maybe Ooltewah will manage to make it to the semi-finals and set up a rematch of week 0, but that is still a long ways away and both teams need to win some VERY tough games... but just a little wishful thinking!

the one good team cookeville played was ooltewah and they lost to them. the other teams combined records was 32-58. Yes i pulled that out of another post so dont get mad at me just trying to spread the facts. Whatg im trying to say is cookeville's schedule is weak. WC will in this by 7 in OT.

the one good team cookeville played was ooltewah and they lost to them. the other teams combined records was 32-58. Yes i pulled that out of another post so dont get mad at me just trying to spread the facts. Whatg im trying to say is cookeville's schedule is weak. WC will in this by 7 in OT.

Again no respect. You people are dreaming if you think Wilson Central is going to come to Cookeville and win, not even a remote chance. Cookeville wins this one by 14 points atleast. As for the genious that said Cookeville will come to the "Reservation" well you need to do a little checking as "IF" Riverdale makes it that far they will travel to Cookeville and that is where their streak will end. Write it down! You heard it here first! :)

Edited by devilfanatic

Two very fine coaches in this one. Both coaches have watched film over and over to find a weakness and to put in wrinkles on offense. Should be a great game. If I did not have to be at another game, this would be the one that I owuld want to watch. Hope both teams are healthy. Usually in a game of this hype and 2 good teams, it comes down to turnovers and penalties.

Oh come on now "85warrior"

Granted,the CAVS are in a weak 5A region but they weren't just the #1 seed,they DOMINATED the region. They outscored their opponets 359 to 99 this season.They've proved they can compete in ANY 5A region.Sorry you've got a complex cause we WAXED your A** for the 11th straight time! :D

THE SQUAD :)

Hey Squaw.....Bragging that you beat White Co. is pretty lame. That would be like White Co. bragging if they beat Monterey or some other school half White County's size. We are just HALF the size of Cookevilles student body. Anyway, my point is.....after Cookeville loses you will be saying sorry 85warrior....i guess you were right. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. We'll see if you do the same when you're wrong. Good luck Wilson Central! :thumb: Come on basketball season!!! :D

Edited by 85warrior