Friendship Christian @ South Pittsburg

Ghostwriter I don't know what you are talking about. South Pitt does not fight after games. They were not overlooking FCS. I think everyone understood that these were 2 pretty even teams going into this game. I mean the game was a virtual deadlock. In the end the team that made the most mistakes lost. That is usually how it goes when 2 pretty even teams play. Late hitting out of bounds? I recall some FCS players doing a little taunting during the game too. That is just the way kids do sometimes. You can say you don't respect our program if you want too, but it is a good program and that is the bottom line. We had a team this year that far exceeded everyone's expectations. It was just 1 year ago that we only won 3 games. We will get back to where we once were in the 90's. Small public schools can't be great every year. We wish you luck on the rest of your season. Hope you compete well.

They don't lose a lot in numbers, but at least 4 of the seniors were really good players with one of them being outstanding.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that the winner of the S.P. Trousdale game will be in the state championship against Jo Byrnes. What do the rest of you think? It's comments like this from SpStatebound that shows that SP was looking ahead and they ran into some tough comp who did not back down. I really don't have too much respect for the South Pittsburg football program as a whole because of stories that I have heard about them. They seem like a very arrogant bunch that win the things don't go their way they like to fight and like if someone if playing with them they like to get 15 yard penalites for hitting players out of bounds. If they get beat the Sp fans or players want to go fight and blame someone eles for their shortcomings when in reality it's their own fault. I beleive that not many of the players have respect for their opponents due to posts by people like SpStatebound. They looked pass the opponent and got what they had coming for them. Even if they would have got the win Trousdale would have exposed their weaknesses. They have no one to blame but themselves and it all goes back to the adults which would be the teachers and coaches for installing some sort of disipline among the team. I have heard about the way they have handled some certain situations and it was not the right thing to do, but I guess you reapt what you so.

I think the best way to respond to this post is every bit of it is untrue. You don't have a clue of what you are talking about. South Pittsburg has been very successful as well in the Jr. High ranks the last few years so it should be a good future for them as well in case anyone were wondering.

South Pitt fans your town, stadium, school, and football atmosphere was great Friday night. Thanks for your hospitality. Your team was every bit as good as we had heard. We feel fortunate to come into Beene Stadium and get a crucial win for the FC program.

As for the game, I thought that virtually every call seemed to go S. Pitt's way. The pooch kick on FC's sideline just after going up 14-7 was reviewed on film and the FC player recovered it and got not 1 but 2 feet inbounds before stepping out of bounds. The rediculous call in the end-zone made the final score appear alot closer than what it should have been. This play was reviewed as well on film and no one can even begin to guess what the refs saw in making that call. I was amazed your coach didn't go for 2 and the win with his kickers woes and the fact that the Robinson kid is 6'6 and the db covering him was just under 6'0. Who knows what might have happened if he had! Your kids should be commended on never quitting and playing a full 4 quarters of football. Their speed was impressive but I hope that now they realize that other teams have speed as well!

As for the future you might want to go ahead and appeal to Ronnie Carter and Co.(TSSAA) to boot FC up in class to 2A (maybe he can change the multiplier to 4.7). With the 1.8 multiplier we feel comfortable in playing 1A for the next few years and continuing to build our program to the level that you and TCHS have gotten. We will probably see you again in the playoffs next year and look forward to hosting you in Lebanon!

By the way, none of our students were talking any smack to your players or fans after the game. It was your rivals from Whitwell. We were on the far end of the field, offering thanks to GOD for his many blessing bestowed upon us all!

Best of luck and see you next year!

Hartsville , we'll see you FRIDAY NIGHT!

First of all, let me apologize for the accusation against the FCS players/fans/students for the alleged comment toward a SP player. The comment did not come from anyone associated with the FCS program, it apparently came from bystanders who had nothing else better to do with their time than to come to SP and watch a game they finished playing last week.

As for the poster who questions the integrity of the SP program, I'm sorry you feel that way. I will not get into arguing with you over the status or discipline of this program, it does neither of us any good. I will say this about some of the kids at FCS, in particular number 32: first and foremost he's a tremendous running back and its scary to think about what the next two years will have in store for that young man; but after congratulating him after the game, you can tell that he is also a very respectful young man, as were several of the players who we congratulated. Obviously, its easy to be that way when you win a big road playoff game against an established program, but I would bet that the attitude is not much different for most of the boys when the mark goes into the loss column. Hopefully, this time next year, we can find out if that is true. Good luck FCS in your trip to Trousdale.

Most of the calls went in favor of SP? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the first half? Robert Robinson(#24) breaks about a 15 yard run down deep inside FCS territory and the side referee running with his back to the action, throws a flag backwards for holding. About two or three plays after that, a chop block is called on the left tackle for SP. Who did he chop? His own man. Thats right, he fell forward into his own man. And then, just before the half, #32 for FCS releases down the field for a pass, extends his arm to get some separation from the Pirate defender and no pass interference is called by the official who is looking right at the play.

Did these calls affect the outcome of the game? Probably not. When you turn the ball over in your own territory twice and your opponent only has to drive a total of about 55 yards for two TDs, it can only hurt your chances to win. So dont think that i'm blaming the loss on the officials, just wanted to point out some of the obvious that apparently you missed in your film that we saw in ours. Good luck to your team in its rematch with Trousdale, and hopefully we will meet again next year.

Most of the calls went in favor of SP? Are you kidding me? Did you watch the first half? Robert Robinson(#24) breaks about a 15 yard run down deep inside FCS territory and the side referee running with his back to the action, throws a flag backwards for holding. About two or three plays after that, a chop block is called on the left tackle for SP. Who did he chop? His own man. Thats right, he fell forward into his own man. And then, just before the half, #32 for FCS releases down the field for a pass, extends his arm to get some separation from the Pirate defender and no pass interference is called by the official who is looking right at the play.

Did these calls affect the outcome of the game? Probably not. When you turn the ball over in your own territory twice and your opponent only has to drive a total of about 55 yards for two TDs, it can only hurt your chances to win. So dont think that i'm blaming the loss on the officials, just wanted to point out some of the obvious that apparently you missed in your film that we saw in ours. Good luck to your team in its rematch with Trousdale, and hopefully we will meet again next year.

I agree that some calls went against your team as well. However, I don't remember any of them giving you 6 points like the call in the end-zone on 4th and Marion Co. did to FC. I also think that if FC had been awarded that pooch kick on SP's 25 after just going up 14-7 it might have widened that margin and affected the outcome a little sooner.

By the way your trick play that resulted in the first td was a great call and really well executed by the team.

Sorry for being way off topic, but thought I could get an answer from some of the posters on here. Where did '05 graduate Ryan Gaines go to college (assume he did) and is he playing any sports? Thx.

Signed initially with Trinity College in Connecticut (sporting a 30 something game winning streak in football according to ESPN this a.m.) to play football. Backed out after baseball season and signed with Columbia State Jr. College to play OF. Played significantly this fall and awaiting the spring!

i was in attendance at the game and some of the penatlies and calls were downright rediculous. you should be able to tell from my screen name that i am not exactly a south pitt fan, and i will admit it... there were a couple holding calls that i was happy about, but saw no reason to call them. there were some holding calls where i was suprised the player could keep his jersey on. same goes for FCS, they had two holding penalties and probobly got away with one or two of those as well. as for DB's.... both sides of the ball at almost every pass had some activity going on. yes #32 probobly did get a bit of a push of on that pass, and probobly on another one, but this is no different than robinson getting a bit of a push off before jumping up to the ball on a few of his receptions. now as for what i think is the LEAST controversial call of the night. something that i think we can all agree on, the catch in the endzone that was ruled a touchdown. there is alot that can be said about this but i will simply say, if you are a south pitt player and think that it was a good catch for a true touchdown... i ask you please watch the tape that you have... on the version we at friendship have it is unapparent who in particular came down with it, but it is seen very clearly that 5 FCS players jumped in joy and that 2 south pitt players, including robinson, were seen on the tape to hang their heads low, kick the dirt... ect. it was at this point that #1 for FCS handed the ball to the referee... once south pitt realized however that one ref. called it a touchdown, they began to look up and hope it would go thier way. it did... there is alot to be argued about it and i don't want to start anything even though i probobly did. south pitt played a heck of a game, yo uhave nothing to be ashamed of. but i still think that this "catch" and the ref who signaled it, should be thought about before he refs another game.

i was in attendance at the game and some of the penatlies and calls were downright rediculous. you should be able to tell from my screen name that i am not exactly a south pitt fan, and i will admit it... there were a couple holding calls that i was happy about, but saw no reason to call them. there were some holding calls where i was suprised the player could keep his jersey on. same goes for FCS, they had two holding penalties and probobly got away with one or two of those as well. as for DB's.... both sides of the ball at almost every pass had some activity going on. yes #32 probobly did get a bit of a push of on that pass, and probobly on another one, but this is no different than robinson getting a bit of a push off before jumping up to the ball on a few of his receptions. now as for what i think is the LEAST controversial call of the night. something that i think we can all agree on, the catch in the endzone that was ruled a touchdown. there is alot that can be said about this but i will simply say, if you are a south pitt player and think that it was a good catch for a true touchdown... i ask you please watch the tape that you have... on the version we at friendship have it is unapparent who in particular came down with it, but it is seen very clearly that 5 FCS players jumped in joy and that 2 south pitt players, including robinson, were seen on the tape to hang their heads low, kick the dirt... ect. it was at this point that #1 for FCS handed the ball to the referee... once south pitt realized however that one ref. called it a touchdown, they began to look up and hope it would go thier way. it did... there is alot to be argued about it and i don't want to start anything even though i probobly did. south pitt played a heck of a game, yo uhave nothing to be ashamed of. but i still think that this "catch" and the ref who signaled it, should be thought about before he refs another game.

sorry that my message came up so many times... my computer is not behing helpful