Friendship Christian @ South Pittsburg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey volzchamps! I never said South Pitt didn't play a weak schedule. South Pitt is not a great team. They are very young. I think they have only 4 seniors and 4 or 5 juniors. It sounds like we should not even show up. Friendship played the best schedule in the state and we played the worst. We are in trouble. The fact is most private schools feel like they do things better than public schools. That is where that comment came from. As for S.P. you will probably win. They are not great. Win a state title. Just 1 and we will talk bud.

Agreed Developer!

Blacky,

Friendship is a 1A football team that happens to be private. A fact that the players and their fans are proud of. Before you start worrying about FC private status you better start worrying about South Pitt's weak schedule and competition level played thus far this season.

Obviously with Boyd Buchannon gone your Region is down and with TC coming into Region 4 ours is significantly better. The fact that FC beat non region foes Davidson Academy (playing in Division II STATE Semifinal game) and Collinwood (Upset winners last week) and that their only losses came on the road at TC (ranked #1 in most polls) and Ezell Harding (still playing in Class 2A) might be something more important than the fact that FC is a private school!!!

Friendship 24

South Pitt 21

The only schedule that SP has to worry about is the playoff schedule. The only one on FC schedule is TC and look what they did to them. Seems to me the only way to compare the 2 is Watertown. I don't know how many FC could have scored, but I do know SP could have scored a lot more and could have held Watertown to 0 if they had wanted too. If FC lucks out on SP this year it will be the last time for at least 3 more years. I don't think they will. SP 20 FC 13

:thumb:

Edited by krp

Hey volzchamps! I never said South Pitt didn't play a weak schedule. South Pitt is not a great team. They are very young. I think they have only 4 seniors and 4 or 5 juniors. It sounds like we should not even show up. Friendship played the best schedule in the state and we played the worst. We are in trouble. The fact is most private schools feel like they do things better than public schools. That is where that comment came from. As for S.P. you will probably win. They are not great. Win a state title. Just 1 and we will talk bud.

1). Your right FC will probably win. On the road and at your place.

2). Friendship is young too. RB's are Sophomore and 8th grader (who rushed for over 120 yds last Fri and scored as well). QB is Jr. FC loses a toal of 3 starters on offense and 3 or 4 on defense!

3). FC's schedule isn't the best just better than what S. Pitt has played thus far. After this week you can say you have played somebody! The question is can you beat a "quality team"? FC knows they can /have!

krp,

I seriously doubt that IF FC beats South Pitt this year it will be the last time for the next 3 years. We realize that your team is young. However, FC is just as young and by their middle school teams records the past few years the talent is there to compete for many, many years!

This years team has 7 Seniors.

The last 3 years jr high record has been 21-3 with losses to CPA in 2003, WJ Baird (5A) in 2004, and LaVergne (5A) in 2005. In that same span they have defeated Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, Gordonsville, East Robertson and other larger schools.

The last 3 6th grade teams are 22-1 with victories over Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, DCA, and Ezell Harding just to name a few!

In this years 8th-9th grade bowl game vs. Donelson Christian FC won 40-7. So as you can tell FC has a little talent coming along behind the current squad!

We look forward to playing in S. Pitt Friday and seeing the great tradition that your team and community has developed. Hopefully one day we can enjoy the same success that your team has enjoyed for years. Until we get there we'll just keep pressing towards that goal.

Best of Luck and see ya Friday! :rolleyes:

krp,

I seriously doubt that IF FC beats South Pitt this year it will be the last time for the next 3 years. We realize that your team is young. However, FC is just as young and by their middle school teams records the past few years the talent is there to compete for many, many years!

The last 3 years jr high record has been 21-3 with losses to CPA in 2003, WJ Baird (5A) in 2004, and LaVergne (5A) in 2005. In that same span they have defeated Goodpasture, Davidson Academy, Gordonsville, East Robertson and other larger schools.

The last 3 6th grade teams are 22-1 with victories over Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, DCA, and Ezell Harding just to name a few!

In this years 8th-9th grade bowl game vs. Donelson Christian FC won 40-7. So as you can tell FC has a little talent coming along behind the current squad!

We look forward to playing in S. Pitt Friday and seeing the great tradition that your team and community has developed. Hopefully one day we can enjoy the same success that your team has enjoyed for years. Until we get there we'll just keep pressing towards that goal.

GEE, VC, thanks for the recap. I don't know if I could have formed an opinion without that history!!

krp,

The next few years looks like they will be fun. The best is yet to come for both teams. Friday's game is the present though. We will see just how good each team is.

krp,

Good luck to yall also and may everyone stay healthy.

This game should be a classic. Both teams are young but extremely talented. Can't wait to see this one. I do believe that the Speed of South Pitt will be enough to win this game.....we may be smaller in size but will definatley hit you hard, just ask Watertown...had we not laid down in the 2nd half, we would had scored 60+......my prediction, South Pitt 32 Friendship 15!!

Edited by piratetom