Friendship Christian @ South Pittsburg

2nd round is here and possibly the best team that the Pirates have faced all season. Who pulls this one out? I'm rooting for the Pirates in a close one.

What can you tell me about Frienship this year?

When you think of Friendship, you always think offense--because they're usually so good there--but they play well on both sides of the ball.

In the past two seasons, they've given up 56 points and 41 points in region play. Trousdale scored 28 of the 41 this year. They're very quick, swarm to the ball, and tackle well.

On the offensive side of the ball, they rely a lot on their tailback, who probably has 25 or 30 touchdowns now (I haven't seen stats in a while), but they are multi-faceted. They have always had a good passing game, and they are heavily-loaded at the skilled positions. Good special teams, too.

Tell us folks up north a little more about South Pitt.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you think of Friendship, you always think offense--because they're usually so good there--but they play well on both sides of the ball.

In the past two seasons, they've given up 56 points and 41 points in region play. Trousdale scored 28 of the 41 this year. They're very quick, swarm to the ball, and tackle well.

On the offensive side of the ball, they rely a lot on their tailback, who probably has 25 or 30 touchdowns now (I haven't seen stats in a while), but they are multi-faceted. They have always had a good passing game, and they are heavily-loaded at the skilled positions. Good special teams, too.

South Pittsburg is fast but young. They can run and throw well. They have a Soph. QB and a couple of Sr. WRs. One of those WRs is 6'5 and at the end of regular season was one of the top receivers in the state by the number of catches and yards.

They have a good running attack with a So. 1,000 yard rusher and a Sr. that would have been the one over 1,000 if he hadn't gotten hurt on the first series of the first game of the year.

Defensively they are quick and usually in good position. They have had a couple of games where the defense wasn't great but then they have also had a couple where the D played exceptional.

The line is small and might be the biggest weakness on the team due to their size. However, they are quick and sometimes that is all that is needed. The last couple of weeks they have played hard for one half and laid back some in the second. They are going to have to play the full 48 this week but I am sure that they know that without being told.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

When people thinks of South Pittsburg this year its SPEED. They have quite a bit of it. Should be a good one.

Well I'm not real sure on how good South Pittsburg is, but I do know how good FCS is and South Pittsburg better play good ball...and then if they win this game they better come back after that and play even better ball...

Just wanted to add FC has faster people than,TC, or LV which I heard talked about for speed from the 3a bunch. Speed is stuffed, with a great defence rush. If they cant get out of the backfield, they cant speed. You cant speed on I-40 in a traffic jam, right? Watch the sweep from FC, thats their bread and butter. They block like a screen pass. Best have good defensive ends or its going to be a long nite. Close game... Maybe. FC by 12

the Rickaway kid is a very good back he makes a lot of first tacklers miss and can rack up some yards in a hurry if not contained.Their qb can throw the deep ball and can scorch a lax defense if available pressure is the key but FC has a big line I don't know much about So. Pitt other than the Robinson kid is the real deal evidently their qb can deliver the ball.I'll have to go with So. Pitt on this one just because it leads to the TC-So.Pitt rivalery which is always a war So.Pitt 24-FC 20.