Meigs Lady Tigers

mctigers75

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lookout Chargers"???

What's all the hate about? Why not lookout Bears, Rams, Chiefs, Wildcats...?

I haven't seen anything Meigs has done this summer or fall. Meigs has played different play days and camps. Just from what I saw last year and what was coming up, I'm not sure Meigs will do well past district play. I know that there is a lot of hope for the next years freshmen class, but I don't think they will help right away.

Lookout Tigers! <_<

Meigs should have an experienced starting 5......they either must stay out of foul trouble or have some young players really step up to go very far.....they should have a good year assuming they have no injuries.....and I mean "NO" injuries...

how can meigs have an experienced starting 5? they lost two starters last year in Ashley Alexander and Beth Dixon. They should be a pretty good team this year with Katie Jennings leading the way.

Edited by h2omyrtle

Coach Powell has revamped this LT squad. They return 4 starters and have been working extremely hard in the off season. This is a different squad from last year. I will say it again "Lookout Chargers" and everyone else. (But mostly the chargers)

Revamped? Has he brought in a "new" style? If so, is the supposed "revamped" "different squad" able to defeat Tellico twice or guard the excessive athleticism of Tyner or even Brainerd (McMinn Central isn't even in the top 5 of their worries)? Due to their lack of depth, will the person that replaces the only starter not returning come from the cheerleading squad? If they get into foul trouble, will Coach Powell himself run the point? If so, it is indeed a new team.

If not, it is a mere continuation of the classic post-Jewell Lady Tigers adage (and also title of a wretched Hall & Oats song), "so close, yet so far away"

Edited by atn301

Meigs trailed Bledsoe 18-16 at the half but with two minutes left in the fourth quarter led 39-24. #31, #13, and I believe #21 all looked like good players. Outstanding defense in the second half, obviously. Don't know the final score.

Bledsoe only scored 6 points the second half.........the final score was 43-24........Nobody on Bledsoe's team wants to step up and be a leader until that happens.....I don't expect much.......