Fireworks

ghsmom08

So you as a Teacher & Coach are Teaching your students and players only follow the rules YOU think are important, and not the rules you think are silly? Wow.....

Just like when mom's speed to get their children to school on time, or when they complain to coaches/officials at youth sporting events. This isn't something new, there will always be rules that are ignored.

As far as the topic, I noticed the rulebook that was linked did not specify a punishment for breaking the rules. Does anyone know what a typical action would be against a school/team that violates one of the rules?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes common sense goes a long way. I'm sure that any school that is contacted by TSSAA and is asked to stop the fireworks would have enough sense to obey the warning. I try to teach my kids and players a common sense approach to all things. Don't challenge my professionalism with this "teaching kids they can pick and choose which rules to follow" garbage. You may not have intended to start a war, and you didn't. But you did show that you have totally over reacted and are being an alarmist that is totally unreasonable. It is dealing with parents like you that takes all the fun out of coaching.

Sometimes common sense goes a long way. I'm sure that any school that is contacted by TSSAA and is asked to stop the fireworks would have enough sense to obey the warning. I try to teach my kids and players a common sense approach to all things. Don't challenge my professionalism with this "teaching kids they can pick and choose which rules to follow" garbage. You may not have intended to start a war, and you didn't. But you did show that you have totally over reacted and are being an alarmist that is totally unreasonable. It is dealing with parents like you that takes all the fun out of coaching.

You still didn't answer my question: Did you read the handbook or not?

If taking the fun out of coaching for you come from a parent that is concerned, then I am sorry. Oh and just to let you know I was giving a heads up to the schools and parents that didn’t know this was really a rule. I wasn't sounding the alarms or sending in the troops. Maybe I should have stayed quiet and when someone got in trouble just said to myself "Well the coaches and staff should have known better and used their common sense. Gosh I fell sorry for the kids.”

Well sorry I am not that kind of parent. But I will tell you this I have never ever went against or questioned a coach in anything they have taught my children. My children have all played sports and I support them, their teams, coaches and school. So unless you know me don’t judge me.