Round 2 - Greenbrier vs. White House

titans89

What a difference 2 weeks make.People who showed class before now seem to be upset.Thats what pride is folks.If you didnt defend your team I would be concerned.Thats what we did 2 weeks ago.Great game tonight,on both sides, I'm proud of all the kids.As many have stated some of the fans,on both sides could have done better, but its the kids that matter.If you want to cheer for Notre Dame next week thats fine, you didnt cheer for us last night and it didnt matter.If you still want to say we are a one man team, thats fine.Great job 0-line,great job Dustin, great job Hargrove and West I'm sure that you were a major factor this week, as you have been all year.The defense is playing better than ever.Great job coaches.As to the critics,WHO CARES.We live to play another week.White House takes the practice field on Monday and sets its sites on Notre Dame.Thanks guys, yet again you give us pride, yet again you provide us with another week of football and yes thank God for BDP!!!!!!!!!!!!

White House fans, lets move off of this tread and move on to the NEW Notre Dame thread.Nothing more can be gained from this thread, and really the past is the past.We need to fill up the bleachers next week.Show the class we all know you have and let the kids enjoy the STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats from a former Blue Devil in West Tennesse. I am sure it was hard fought game.

My McKenzie Rebels were shot down last night. On the way home, we were listening to a sports radio show and they announced the WH score and I let out a big WOOHOO!!! And 2 of the 3 guys riding w/ me said what the &&&& are you happy about? They did not know I am a WH alum. One of them did and just laughed.

Anyway, congrats to White House.

WEEK 13. NO MORE WEEKS TO GO!!

BDP lives on!!

What a difference 2 weeks make.People who showed class before now seem to be upset.Thats what pride is folks.If you didnt defend your team I would be concerned.Thats what we did 2 weeks ago.Great game tonight,on both sides, I'm proud of all the kids.As many have stated some of the fans,on both sides could have done better, but its the kids that matter.If you want to cheer for Notre Dame next week thats fine, you didnt cheer for us last night and it didnt matter.If you still want to say we are a one man team, thats fine.Great job 0-line,great job Dustin, great job Hargrove and West I'm sure that you were a major factor this week, as you have been all year.The defense is playing better than ever.Great job coaches.As to the critics,WHO CARES.We live to play another week.White House takes the practice field on Monday and sets its sites on Notre Dame.Thanks guys, yet again you give us pride, yet again you provide us with another week of football and yes thank God for BDP!!!!!!!!!!!!

White House fans, lets move off of this tread and move on to the NEW Notre Dame thread.Nothing more can be gained from this thread, and really the past is the past.We need to fill up the bleachers next week.Show the class we all know you have and let the kids enjoy the STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Titans you still out there? Sorry didn't get back to you. I didn't see your post about meeting until a minute ago. Computer problems. Down and couldn't get on here.

Amazing what being away from reading the threads can do to you- you miss so much if you are off here a couple of days. It is all in fun- right?

I don't think I could have found you Titans if I wanted to. I looked down at both end zones and saw folks lined up from one end to the other. I was stuck in the stands like a sardine-I couldn't have gotten out to go anywhere if I tried. That place was packed.

Congratulations to our Blue Devils :ph34r:

As for my new found "plant friends" from GB ... sports-EZ- Cat- I would have said the same to you guys if you all had won- Both of the teams played hard and they were excellent football teams-

That is the kind of ballgame everyone wants to go and see on a Friday night. I am just glad that I was there to see it. Somebody was going to win and somebody was going to go home with a loss- Both sides played good ball and didn't get out there "trash talkin" the other side. It was a clean and fun game. Hard fought but a great one! To our seniors... you get one more week! Proud for you-

Another show of class- on both sides. Hand shakes from our players to theirs. Then, I saw our WH#10 walk over to GB's#2, who was laying on the ground upset with the loss. I am assuming this was what he was doing. I saw the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago with #29- He was laying on the field upset.

Our # 10 helped the kid up off the ground, pat his helmet and hugged him. Would love to know what those boys said to each other. This is the same #10 that knocked him during the game.

I just happened to be coming down from the stands and just waiting my turn from the top and saw this. I am sure there were others doing the same thing. I just happen to witness this with my own eyes. If any of you WH fans want to bicker and talk trash... think about that for just a minute.

It is hurtful when these kids lose- Not to the fans. But to the players who give their all. If they didn't hurt, then the game doesn't mean anything to them.

Who cares about a streak- who cares about it? Think :)

I also saw a show of compassion and hugs of joy from the WH Coaches to thier players last night. Quiet frankly, WH staff, I haven't seen that on the field after a game all season. Good for you :)

Now, on to next week... :D

You guys from White House have a distorted view of what "class" is. Nobody on here denegrated your team. They went out and earned the W. I stated as such. I have a ton of respect for the White House football team. Part of why you dislike your rival is because they are good. So, kudos for the job they did.

HOWEVER, that does not mean I have to pull for you to win next week just because we are "neighbors". With "neighbors" like you, who needs enemies! And, we have to root for somebody in next week's game. So, the fact I choose to root for Notre Dame instead of White House......that makes me "classless".

Is it any different when rooting for college teams. Most UT fans love to root against Alabama and Florida, etc. And, if Vanderbilt were consistantly good, they would root against Vandy, also. So, don't throw around your Holier Than Thou attitude on me! I don't like White House and will almost always root against them! I don't cuss 'em. I just don't like ya!

At least I am honest.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils. You sure shocked me and alot of other people around me. I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure about this one. Neither were other some other fans if they would admit it. At least Josh did.

The boys played a hard fought game. Almost mistake free. The Bobcats penalties make a big game difference tonight but they played one heck of a game. I knew Kirk Williams would do everything he could to keep this from being a shutout. Justin Pigg made a phenomoneal play and gave it his all, as both the teams did. Like Vandy and Superbowl said, the only way the game ends is with someone being ahead. One for the Bobcats, one for the Blue Devils this year. I'd call that even. They are evenly matched and they showed that.

As for the continuation of this 24 year stuff, and carrying on the smack, it seems to be a little too enjoyable for some so-called adults, on both sides. It's time to move on. Grow up. There's no more class in a bragging winner than there is a sore loser. We won...move on to Notre Dame thread and let's get ready for a road trip.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils. You sure shocked me and alot of other people around me. I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure about this one. Neither were other some other fans if they would admit it. At least Josh did.

The boys played a hard fought game. Almost mistake free. The Bobcats penalties make a big game difference tonight but they played one heck of a game. I knew Kirk Williams would do everything he could to keep this from being a shutout. Justin Pigg made a phenomoneal play and gave it his all, as both the teams did. Like Vandy and Superbowl said, the only way the game ends is with someone being ahead. One for the Bobcats, one for the Blue Devils this year. I'd call that even. They are evenly matched and they showed that.

As for the continuation of this 24 year stuff, and carrying on the smack, it seems to be a little too enjoyable for some so-called adults, on both sides. It's time to move on. Grow up. There's no more class in a bragging winner than there is a sore loser. We won...move on to Notre Dame thread and let's get ready for a road trip.

WHHS1975 glad to see you are still out there ;)

Great game and on to the next one :thumb: Good post by the way...

Great job Cats! This season has been great, ya'll won region title and beat Whitehouse in the regular season. It's been a great senior year for me. I've loved every minute of watching ya'll play and I'm sad to see that it's over. Each one of ya'll played with so much heart and determination, all season, and that's why we won the games that we did. Last night was no different, you could tell from the looks on all your faces before and after the game. Ya'll were great!

As for class goes....some people have it and some don't. For Whitehouse to get on here and say Greenbrier has none...check again. Some of your fans were just as bad...I do recal someone calling us rednecks just outside the locker room...I do believe ya'll are only a few miles down the road...yet ya'll are higher class than us...hmmm....I don't think so. But enough of that.

Great job Cats! Good luck Notre Dame!!!! :thumb:

On my way to Memphis last year I stopped at a rest area to use the restroom. The Greenbrier team was there, I sought out Roger and wished him and the team good luck against Kingsbury. To bring home the win to Robertson Co.

Now all I read is good luck Notre Dame from the Greenbrier fans, and you won't to talk about class? Go out and get some before you come back on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about that grown man that was sittin on the white house side on his tailgate that hollered a racial slurr and then started crying and tried to attack the white house fan after ricky scored the last score.... that was pretty funny, i enjoyed laughing at you while u were crying like a little baby.. u must have had a flash back of middle school and thought it was cool to try to fight b/c u didnt get your way.... loser, grow up

Guest catfish-hunter

how about that grown man that was sittin on the white house side on his tailgate that hollered a racial slurr and then started crying and tried to attack the white house fan after ricky scored the last score.... that was pretty funny, i enjoyed laughing at you while u were crying like a little baby.. u must have had a flash back of middle school and thought it was cool to try to fight b/c u didnt get your way.... loser, grow up

It sounds like there were some idiots attending this game last night on BOTH SIDES of the field :thumb:

You guys from White House have a distorted view of what "class" is. Nobody on here denegrated your team. They went out and earned the W. I stated as such. I have a ton of respect for the White House football team. Part of why you dislike your rival is because they are good. So, kudos for the job they did.

HOWEVER, that does not mean I have to pull for you to win next week just because we are "neighbors". With "neighbors" like you, who needs enemies! And, we have to root for somebody in next week's game. So, the fact I choose to root for Notre Dame instead of White House......that makes me "classless".

Is it any different when rooting for college teams. Most UT fans love to root against Alabama and Florida, etc. And, if Vanderbilt were consistantly good, they would root against Vandy, also. So, don't throw around your Holier Than Thou attitude on me! I don't like White House and will almost always root against them! I don't cuss 'em. I just don't like ya!

At least I am honest.

I can at least respect that you have finally came out with your true feelings..... You hate us.... I can live with that, but I don't believe, I'll go re- read posts, that we accused your side of denegrating our team....

When you operate in the realm of hate, as you now claim, reason takes a back seat..... Because it is reasonable to accept that our neighbors would root for the home county team..... or at least have enough "class" to keep it to yourself.....

But I wouldn't call you rooting for ND classless....... I would call it classless to post it here, but I would call it bitterness, rooted in your hate.....

One day, when you are thinking straight, maybe you will understand the difference......

It sounds like there were some idiots attending this game last night on BOTH SIDES of the field :thumb:

Hey Catfish...... There are a lot of people on here, on both sides, with fans that overreact in the heat of the game..... Probably say things they regret and really don't believe..... I understand that part..... And can forgive it also.... We live and die with our teams just as you probably did.

It is after the fact, when we should be thinking sensibly, that it becomes both humorous and hurtful..... And it becomes habit to lash out and attack..... and I'm not speaking of a little trash talk.... The trash talk, if everybogy goes back and re- reads EVERY post, has been harmless fun......Go back and re- read people.... It is easy to divert attention and not focus on the REAL problem...... When we post out of anger, jealously, hatred, bitterness...... it shows.....

WH and GB are rivals..... Just as other teams have rivals.....And we should be able to post, wheather it is so called trash talk, conversation on the game at hand,

rooting for your team, whatever...... My advise is if you can't come on here and post without getting angry then you are better off just not posting....

Again, I'll challenge everyone to read the posts again.... The so called trash talk was good natured.... and didn't become heated until after the game and phrases such as these began to pop up....

1) But I still hate 'em

2) Go ND

3) Stupid streak

4) ND to clean their clock

5) They own crap

6) won by 7 against us and we won by 10

7) Didn't beat PC

And then it turned a little more personal..... which, by the way, I really have no problem with....'cause if you are going to post stuff that will draw a reaction, as above, you shouldn't get all up in arms when the other side calls you classless and bitter.....

Because if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.....