Farragut @ Oak Ridge Qtr. Final

FHS_Admiral

A friend at work turned me on to CoachT last week and I love it, but I am not talking trash. I am speaking the truth. Yes it was 39-0, yes we did not stop the Gulmire kid, and he is great. But for those of us who did not have on Farragut or Oak Ridge blinders you would have seen two offenses that moved the ball at will. The difference being Oak Ridge executed in the Red Zone. I have seen Farragut all year long. We will put points on the board, because Oak Ridge and the Darkside Defense, and aren't nicknames supposed to be earned, who gave you all that nickname? I mean are you trying to be the Doomsday Defense? Andre Sterling and Nic Moore will run wild, like they did last time because if you watch closely. Oak Ridge's d line got whipped by Farragut. Look at the stats. We ran all over the "Darkside".

On Defense mark my words Reveiz will blast through any o lineman or fullback or receiver and make plays all night long. He is the Mr. Football. period. I know Ooltewah awoke a sleeping Giant, blah blah, well on Friday its is going to be time for the Giant to go back to sleep one week earlier than usual.

so thats why both of OR's guards and their fullback was Reveiz's daddy all night long? and he made eight tackles all the way up and down the field?and who cares how many yards they can run for, the scoreboard doesnt show yardage, it shows points, and until they score those, you cant win

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend at work turned me on to CoachT last week and I love it, but I am not talking trash. I am speaking the truth. Yes it was 39-0, yes we did not stop the Gulmire kid, and he is great. But for those of us who did not have on Farragut or Oak Ridge blinders you would have seen two offenses that moved the ball at will. The difference being Oak Ridge executed in the Red Zone. I have seen Farragut all year long. We will put points on the board, because Oak Ridge and the Darkside Defense, and aren't nicknames supposed to be earned, who gave you all that nickname? I mean are you trying to be the Doomsday Defense? Andre Sterling and Nic Moore will run wild, like they did last time because if you watch closely. Oak Ridge's d line got whipped by Farragut. Look at the stats. We ran all over the "Darkside".

On Defense mark my words Reveiz will blast through any o lineman or fullback or receiver and make plays all night long. He is the Mr. Football. period. I know Ooltewah awoke a sleeping Giant, blah blah, well on Friday its is going to be time for the Giant to go back to sleep one week earlier than usual.

Anchorsaway

Please keep running your mouth. Our guys love to get fired up about things like this. If you beleive half of what you are saying then you are truley an idiot. One thing is true about you farragut fans, you do know how to put your foot in your mouth. Points win games not yardage as you saw in our last meeting. So keep talking. We will see who the better team is friday.

Sincerly,

Fan of the Simple Coaches,Two Play Offense,Mr. Football, Sleeping Giant, Mighty Wildcats

so thats why both of OR's guards and their fullback was Reveiz's daddy all night long? and he made eight tackles all the way up and down the field?and who cares how many yards they can run for, the scoreboard doesnt show yardage, it shows points, and until they score those, you cant win

Yeah, when you double team one kid all night it's not hard to stop one player. Nevertheless, Friday night you will have two Reveiz to stop not one.

He's not the Mr. Football nominee for nothing.

Should be a great game with two Mr Football prospects on the field at the same time.

I don't agree about the FHS line dominating. IMO-ORHS won the war in the trenches.

Anchorsaway

Please keep running your mouth. Our guys love to get fired up about things like this. If you beleive half of what you are saying then you are truley an idiot. One thing is true about you farragut fans, you do know how to put your foot in your mouth. Points win games not yardage as you saw in our last meeting. So keep talking. We will see who the better team is friday.

Sincerly,

Fan of the Simple Coaches,Two Play Offense,Mr. Football, Sleeping Giant, Mighty Wildcats

I think Gulmire and Reveiz are from the same mold! Small for their position, big hearts, great character, and the will to win.

I hate to agree but what people say on this board can fire kids up. I've seen it myself.

Hopefully it will be the Admirals who get fired up since the OAK RIDGE FANS CLAIM TO BE THEIR DADDY.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

You are simple minded. OR has beaten the Ads 14 staright games. There are Farragut kids who have started school and graduated that have never beaten the Cats. As far as double teaming a kid and that being the solution to stopping him....ya think Farragut was keying on Gulmire? Oh I see..... they only had one kid trying to tackle him. What a hoot. Have you ever been to a football game. By the way, have you heard of Pete Maravich? I think when he was double teamed in basketball he was held to only 65 point averages. But when your stud was double teamed he was shut down.....What a bunch of lame excuses.

Ole Dad

Yeah, when you double team one kid all night it's not hard to stop one player. Nevertheless, Friday night you will have two Reveiz to stop not one.

He's not the Mr. Football nominee for nothing.

Should be a great game with two Mr Football prospects on the field at the same time.

I don't agree about the FHS line dominating. IMO-ORHS won the war in the trenches.

You are simple minded. OR has beaten the Ads 14 staright games. There are Farragut kids who have started school and graduated that have never beaten the Cats. We all know that! As far as double teaming a kid and that being the solution to stopping him....ya think Farragut was keying on Gulmire? No, he was amazing and broke a school record! Oh I see..... they only had one kid trying to tackle him. What a hoot. Have you ever been to a football game. I played until was 32 and you? By the way, have you heard of Pete Maravich? You mean Pistol! I think when he was double teamed in basketball he was held to only 65 point averages. But when your stud was double teamed he was shut down. Wrong his brother didn't play that night.....What a bunch of lame excuses. Never gave an excuse. They Ads were whipped the second half.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

I'm surprised in the way you’re reacting. I'm not taking anything away from the cats.

Mr. R is only one young man and can't stop an entire offense on his own. If you go back a few posts, you will see I'm quoting something one of your fans or players said about double-teaming him.

Anchorsaway The reason the Oak Ridge coaches ran the toss sweep was to neutralize your best player on defence, Nick Reveiz. That's good coaching and it worked. We'll have a plan for next Friday and it will work as usual

He was one of the leading tacklers for the Ads that night so I would not say he was shut out.

The last game OR had a great game plan. Run away from Mr. R. It worked and I'm surprised the Owls didn't do more of it against Farragut.

I've enjoyed reading your post in the past and I think you read my post the wrong way.

IMO-Reveiz and Gulmire are real leaders on their teams and that’s why they are both Mr. Football Candidates.

10-4. I must have read it different than you meant for it to read.

Sorry,

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

I'm surprised in the way you’re reacting. I'm not taking anything away from the cats.

Mr. R is only one young man and can't stop an entire offense on his own. If you go back a few posts, you will see I'm quoting something one of your fans or players said about double-teaming him. He was one of the leading tacklers for the Ads that night so I would not say he was shut out.

The last game OR had a great game plan. Run away from Mr. R. It worked and I'm surprised the Owls didn't do more of it against Farragut.

I've enjoyed reading your post in the past and I think you read my post the wrong way.

IMO-Reveiz and Gulmire are real leaders on their teams and that’s why they are both Mr. Football Candidates.

From the last game:

Make no mistake about it, when you try to step on the pride of Oak Ridge football, consequences will be felt.

Ask Farragut.

Coming off a loss, many knew the Ridgers would be dangerous. There was a lot of chatter from the Admiral camp and they paid the price, getting hammered by Oak Ridge 39-0 behind an incredible, record-breaking performance by Spencer Gulmire.

Perhaps that should be Mr. Football, Spencer Gulmire.

Gulmire crushed that record, just like he crushed Farragut's chances at a region champions.

Farragut defenders probably woke up several times from their slumber Saturday morning with nightmares of No. 1, worn by Gulmire. Gulmire sent the message early that this was his, and his teammates', night to shine.

15982_256.jpg

Gulmire powers Oak Ridge

As far as metaphors go, Spencer Gulmire couldn't have done much better than his first play from scrimmage. Four plays into the game, the Oak Ridge High School running back took a handoff up the middle, put his helmet down and delivered a punishing hit on Farragut safety Geoff Courtney.

Fifteen yards. First down. Message sent.

"That was to show we're going to punish you guys," Wildcats coach Stanton Stevens said. "We're here for the long haul.""We knew coming in we'd have to be physical," said Gulmire. "They're the hard-nosed defense in our region. We knew we had to play old-style football."

It didn't get more old style than Gulmire.

The Wildcats' toss sweep was the order of the day, and they owned it like Vince Lombardi's Packers.

Time and again, Gulmire came barreling around the right side of his offensive line, finding a clear path.

Even more impressive was the fact Gulmire did it against a team as defensively sound as Farragut, which had allowed an average of 90 rushing yards a game heading into Friday's contest.

"It's against a team that has a defense that's just been killing people," Stevens said. "We weren't sure if we could run the ball that consistently on them. That's a pretty big statement for the offensive linemen and Spencer Gulmire."

Despite Gulmire's performance, Farragut had its chances to make it a game.

After Oak Ridge scored on its opening drive, Farragut drove inside the Wildcats' 5-yard line before quarterback Tyler Powell fumbled a snap on fourth-and-goal from the 2.

All told, Farragut moved inside the Wildcats' 15-yard line four times and had nothing to show for it except for an interception, a missed field goal and two turnovers on downs.

"It was frustrating, it really was," Admirals coach Eddie Courtney said. "We knew we could move the football (in the second half) but we just killed ourselves.

"And then you just can't let Spencer turn down hill."

Downhill, uphill, it hardly mattered. Gulmire was running around opponents and over them in equal measure.

Last time we played at Oak Ridge there is no doubt the wheels fell off early, but now we have some guys back on D. Oak Ridge and their simple coaching staff won't be able to run toss right and toss left. This time we will score at least 28 pts. Oak Ridge don't be so ready for the Semi's because we got something for ya!

Admirals all the way to state

thank you some one finally not against farragut. farragut beats or at blankenship and rolls to state.