Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

Just wanted to say good luck to the Jackets on Friday night. Don't know much about Hampton except for what I've read on here. I believe that this will be one of the best, if not the best match up Friday night. This has been a very interesting thread, I have enjoyed reading the "nicer" of the posts rather than all of the "running off at the mouth" posts. My nephew plays for the Jackets and has definitely stepped up in the playoffs this season. I just hope that CF can eliminate the turnovers, if not....it's gonna be ugly. It seems that most people think that the Davis kid is all that Coalfield has. Not true. There are others that can run it. It just seems that all season, he's the only one who has touched the ball. Until the Sunbright game that is. It seems that Coalfield has always had the problem of picking one player and letting him run the ball all season and obviously thinks that other teams are so stupid that they will not pick up on this. I have never understood why they do that. I have another question that maybe yall can answer for me...what is the purpose of wearing gloves? Is it for looks or what? We could have had a couple interceptions in the Cloudland game and I believe that if they'd have lost the gloves then they may have been caught. Anyway, good luck to both teams! I'm as nervous about it as a cat covering up ****!.

Go Jackets!

Davis the only one to touch the ball? Most games I hear his stats as something like 12 carries for 167 yards. I mean let's say they get crazy and give it to him 16 times a game. That's just 4 carries a quarter not excessive in my opinion. Sometimes I don't think they give it to him enough. I mean averages don't lie and he's averaging like 9 yards a carry. Why wouldn't you give him the ball? Don't get me wrong Coalfield has some excellent athletes all over the field. But giving your best runner the ball 15 or so times a game isn't excessive.

Edited by paintwatcher

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say good luck to the Jackets on Friday night. Don't know much about Hampton except for what I've read on here. I believe that this will be one of the best, if not the best match up Friday night. This has been a very interesting thread, I have enjoyed reading the "nicer" of the posts rather than all of the "running off at the mouth" posts. My nephew plays for the Jackets and has definitely stepped up in the playoffs this season. I just hope that CF can eliminate the turnovers, if not....it's gonna be ugly. It seems that most people think that the Davis kid is all that Coalfield has. Not true. There are others that can run it. It just seems that all season, he's the only one who has touched the ball. Until the Sunbright game that is. It seems that Coalfield has always had the problem of picking one player and letting him run the ball all season and obviously thinks that other teams are so stupid that they will not pick up on this. I have never understood why they do that. I have another question that maybe yall can answer for me...what is the purpose of wearing gloves? Is it for looks or what? We could have had a couple interceptions in the Cloudland game and I believe that if they'd have lost the gloves then they may have been caught. Anyway, good luck to both teams! I'm as nervous about it as a cat covering up ****!.

Go Jackets!

Valid points BMCXblues. However, two points. Jared Knight, a good RB and only a sophomore is a vital mix on running the ball. At Copper Basin the ball was also mixed so it didn't start at Sunbright. Davis is a playmaker and you want the ball in play maker's hands when possible. It keeps the other team *honest*. If they shut him, or another play maker as in previous years, down that opens it for the others to move the ball. If that happens, from what I have seen in 12 ballgames, Knight and Ben Duncan will get the job done.They have all year, no need to stop now. You are right, the gloves need to go, this aint Sunday but Friday night.

Don't worry about the nerves, that will settle. Sign up for the charter fan bus and let's make the stands orange on the other side of this stadium.

Edited by CYJacket

Davis the only one to touch the ball? Most games I hear his stats as something like 12 carries for 167 yards. I mean let's say they get crazy and give it to him 16 times a game. That's just 4 carries a quarter not excessive in my opinion. Sometimes I don't think they give it to him enough. I mean averages don't lie and he's averaging like 9 yards a carry. Why wouldn't you give him the ball? Don't get me wrong Coalfield has some excellent athletes all over the field. But giving your best runner the ball 15 or so times a game isn't excessive.

I'm not downing Davis at all...he's a heck of a ball carrier. They best they have. And yeah, he's got great stats. Great averages. And a team can do that all season when they're playing teams like Oakdale, Sunbright...etc. (no offense teams). But the Jackets are playing much higher calibur teams now, this is the playoffs. Do they not think that these other teams are going to key in on that? Hampton is not stupid for God's sake...who's ran the ball all year? So who are they going to key in on? Can they stop him? Well I sure hope not, but I can bet you that they're gonna be hangin on to him like a tick on a dogs hind leg. That's all Im trying to say here. Just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Go Jackets!

Oops, sorry CY. I missed the Copper Basin game so I guess I spoke before getting all the facts. As for getting on the bus...I can't get off work until 4 at the earliest, my boss got drawn out on a hunt and can't leave the office un-manned. I'm gonna get off at 4 and then drive like Mario to get there by kick off. I believe I can make it. According to mapquest it says the drive is about 2 1/2 hours. Is this correct, or more like three hours?

Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if he is as good as youall say he is and coalfield can win with him only touching the ball around 12 times a game and thats all it takes to win, that is reducing his chances of getting injured....how many yds. has coalfields qb thrown for this yr.?

Davis 190 carries, 1,760 yards. That's 15.8 attempts per game (I think).

I read you're paper in Kingston and the Elizabethton Star.One has Davis carrying the ball 17 times and the other 14 last week. Just as dangerous as a receiver. A great player and from what I've heard over the past two years ,a fine kid. A bunch of great kids on both sidelines this Friday, a shame one sides hearts will be broken. One will get to live the dream at least one more week. I think both sides are very deserving.

I read you're paper in Kingston and the Elizabethton Star.One has Davis carrying the ball 17 times and the other 14 last week. Just as dangerous as a receiver. A great player and from what I've heard over the past two years ,a fine kid. A bunch of great kids on both sidelines this Friday, a shame one sides hearts will be broken. One will get to live the dream at least one more week. I think both sides are very deserving.

AMEN!

Does anyone remember Scott Odom?

I also played in 86, man those were the good o years. But I like what this 2005 team has done better.

Im another who played in 86, your right, they were the good ole days! I did however play for hv, but gotta root for them dogs know. one of the most well rounded teams ive watched. Good luck dogs!