Goodpasture @ Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse me, but were you even at the game...or do you need a hearing aid..because the crowd was wild...

culookn, yes I was at the Richland game last Fri. night. And the crowd was f-l-a-t.

The players probably needed a hearing aid to hear them.

The only time the crowd showed anything that resembled playoff-atmosphere enthusiasm was on the game-winning drive.

culookn, yes I was at the Richland game last Fri. night. And the crowd was f-l-a-t.

The only time the crowd showed anything that resembled playoff-atmosphere enthusiasm was on the game-winning drive.

I think maybe you are the one that needs the hearing aid....or maybe you were so involved in the game that you missed the sound of shaking cans or the ringing of cow bells.... plus the loud group of people cheering with the cheerleaders! I have a great idea.....I challenge you to attend the community pep rally tonight at 7:15 at the CHS gym. Come on out and bring those fans that you feel are f-l-a-t and show them how to get pep in their step and expose them to some REAL fans that are full of Camden Lion Spirit! :huh:

Edited by im4lions

I think maybe you are the one that needs the hearing aid....or maybe you were so involved in the game that you missed the sound of shaking cans or the ringing of cow bells.... plus the loud group of people cheering with the cheerleaders! I have a great idea.....I challenge you to attend the community pep rally tonight at 7:15 at the CHS gym. Come on out out and bring those fans that you feel are f-l-a-t and show them how to get pep in their step and expose them to some REAL fans that is full of Camden Lion Spirit! :huh:

I 2nd that, lets just see how much b&gpride you have....

I'm not sure where you sat at...but I guarantee my section was as loud as ever! Maybe you were sitting on the Richland side...I dunno :blink: I tell you what, tomorrow if the section that you're sitting is F-l-a-t then do something about it! It's up to us die-hard Lion fans to keep the band-waggoners loud and proud. My job is to be an embarrassment to my kids and I do a fine job of it...especially on Friday nites! :ph34r::ph34r:

I was worried about the Lions until the tornado approached Camden from the west Tuesday afternoon. As it got near the high school the boys were practicing for Friday night's big game with Goodpasture. (Ward can do a lot of things but he can't coach against a tornado I thought.) The tornado huffed and puffed and got to 641 just as McDowell was finishing one of his famous MacArther speeches. While the rest of us good citizens of Camden were hunkered down in basements and under our duck blinds, coach Ward and his men went to work. McDowell directed the troops into the school and to the secret rooms where the janitors usually hide to sleep. Ward ran for the lawn mower and started mowing the practice field. I was amazed because Knott didn't even get mad as hail and dead grass flew out of the lawn mower all over his ham sandwich he had been trying to gulp down during McDowell's speech. About that time, Wyatt raced across the parking lot in his suv with sparks flying out from under the back. He had obviously run over a shopping cart and it was stuck under the transaxle. In the middle of all of this confusion, Coach Blow ran to the field house as fast as he could. Ward cut the lawn mower off and yelled, "Coach Blow, where you going?" Coach Blow looked back over his shoulder and said, "I'm going to the bathroom cause they never had tornadoes like this in Huntingdon." Just as things were getting really exciting and it looked like Camden was going to be stormed away, the clouds split and one went north and the other went south. The tornado was scared to come across the Lion's field because it knew Ward had a plan to beat it, even though it was bigger and badder than the whole Lion team. Now that's the end of the tornado story except one thing. The only one missing from the playoff practice picture was Coach Hollowell and we all knew where he was and not one single one of us blamed him.

I was worried about the Lions until the tornado approached Camden from the west Tuesday afternoon. As it got near the high school the boys were practicing for Friday night's big game with Goodpasture. (Ward can do a lot of things but he can't coach against a tornado I thought.) The tornado huffed and puffed and got to 641 just as McDowell was finishing one of his famous MacArther speeches. While the rest of us good citizens of Camden were hunkered down in basements and under our duck blinds, coach Ward and his men went to work. McDowell directed the troops into the school and to the secret rooms where the janitors usually hide to sleep. Ward ran for the lawn mower and started mowing the practice field. I was amazed because Knott didn't even get mad as hail and dead grass flew out of the lawn mower all over his ham sandwich he had been trying to gulp down during McDowell's speech. About that time, Wyatt raced across the parking lot in his suv with sparks flying out from under the back. He had obviously run over a shopping cart and it was stuck under the transaxle. In the middle of all of this confusion, Coach Blow ran to the field house as fast as he could. Ward cut the lawn mower off and yelled, "Coach Blow, where you going?" Coach Blow looked back over his shoulder and said, "I'm going to the bathroom cause they never had tornadoes like this in Huntingdon." Just as things were getting really exciting and it looked like Camden was going to be stormed away, the clouds split and one went north and the other went south. The tornado was scared to come across the Lion's field because it knew Ward had a plan to beat it, even though it was bigger and badder than the whole Lion team. Now that's the end of the tornado story except one thing. The only one missing from the playoff practice picture was Coach Hollowell and we all knew where he was and not one single one of us blamed him.

I obviously don't know all the history on this post but it is still funny to a bulldog fan - Good Luck on Friday night. Milan will be pulling for Camden and it's hometown coach.

What a good story and how true...Coach Ward and his staff has these boys ready to play and we are not stopping now....They want to play on Thanksgiving weekend...Cardiac Kids by 7...Go Big Black...Lets see how loud we Camden fans can be tonite...Lets take over Wright Field or should we call it Ward Field.....