White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

Sorry, that the band has to be called "horrible". That was my statement. That shows that football players is mostly what WH cares about.

Go back and read Week 10's thread. First thing that popped up was a White House fan (Bigwheel) coming on with all the trash talk about our team and our town. Then some folks from White House start saying losing their precious streak was easier than you thought it would be because Greenbrier fans didn't rub your noses in that win. I think it would have pretty much the same this week, but who knows. I just think that first post didn't set well, and it's all broken loose from there. Don't act like we're criminals because we don't think WH can beat undefeated ND.

I don't think it is criminal to believe ND will beat WH, I think the majority will pick ND to win, like the majority 93% picked GB to win last week.

I have never attacked GB the town, the program or the kids.

I am all about watching my son end his HS career in the finest fashion possible. I actually try and avoid talking smack. But I won't see him or his teammates dissed either.

From here on out it's a tough road for WH. All that matters is we are still in and still have a chance to keep playing. And for me, it's all about these Seniors, they have a lot of dignity and have had composure and dignity all season long.

Unlike the rest of us. Now I am outta here for the day.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is criminal to believe ND will beat WH, I think the majority will pick ND to win, like the majority 93% picked GB to win last week.

I have never attacked GB the town, the program or the kids.

I am all about watching my son end his HS career in the finest fashion possible. I actually try and avoid talking smack. But I won't see him or his teammates dissed either.

From here on out it's a tough road for WH. All that matters is we are still in and still have a chance to keep playing. And for me, it's all about these Seniors, they have a lot of dignity and have had composure and dignity all season long.

Unlike the rest of us. Now I am outta here for the day.

This senior class has turned out to be special...... I know they would like their record to be better, but this team could just as easily thrown in the towel with the early struggles....

Now they are in the third round...... The final 8..... Not bad for a team searching for a win earlier in the year....

This team has left it all on the field... I don't know if we can ask anything more....This has been a great year for BDP.....

Wow!

While I purposely made it a point to not get into any of these threads last week and had a feeling that it might get a little nasty, I had no idea that the postings would get to this point. I'm glad I'm not caught up in it...lol Maybe the best lesson could be learned from the players that ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME. The guys left field with hand shakes, hugs, kind words, and best wishes. And while they'd give just about anything to get the "W", the players and coaches seem to have the upmost respect for each other. They each felt like they had accomplished something special when they were able to beat each other in the last 3 weeks. Thanks to the players for giving us two great games.

Good luck this week against ND.

To beat ND you will have to have a balanced offense, therefore WH will not beat ND. Ricky Ladd has 2200 all purpose yards? I'll bet not much of that is recieving. ND's kicking is as good if not better than WH. Notre Dame has a 1500 yard rusher, WH has No passing game, none. Pearl Cohn was in the red zone three times? SO what, how many points do you get for that. The same as you get for crossing the fifty. White House's luck runs out. You can't ride Ricky Ladd forever. And also, Carthorne for ND had as many yards rushing as Ladd and he was on a 10-0 team, yet Ladd is up for Mr Football, and Cartorne isn't, WHAT A JOKE.

To beat ND you will have to have a balanced offense, therefore WH will not beat ND. Ricky Ladd has 2200 all purpose yards? I'll bet not much of that is recieving. ND's kicking is as good if not better than WH. Notre Dame has a 1500 yard rusher, WH has No passing game, none. Pearl Cohn was in the red zone three times? SO what, how many points do you get for that. The same as you get for crossing the fifty. White House's luck runs out. You can't ride Ricky Ladd forever. And also, Carthorne for ND had as many yards rushing as Ladd and he was on a 10-0 team, yet Ladd is up for Mr Football, and Cartorne isn't, WHAT A JOKE.

Ladd was a finalist in 4a last year.... that probably carried some clout in his nomination this year....

As for the game, just take it easy on us...... we have lost 5 games.....we are indeed lucky..... :D

LOLOL ......Still in denial.... 22 seconds.... LOLOLOL

P.S. How old are greenbriars jackets..... Oh yea, I forgot, you don't have one.....

Why don't you go concentrate on the basketball thread and leave the teams who ARE STILL PLAYING FOOTBALL alone......

But, yet again, back to the WH- ND game...... I expect the defense to play another strong game...... We will need to concentrate on being as efficient as we can offensively.... And we need another low scoring game... IMO

Awful lot of bragging from a Commando :D

On to the game...ND's undefeated Irish should make this game interesting. WH's #23, #29 and #4 will carry the ball. If ND shuts down WH runs and makes them pass, the QB #12 is "iffy" at best. Bounces the ball off the ground on short passes to Ladd, #14 Zach Wood is their best defensive player. They occasionally try to pass to #7, and most passes will be to Mash #10 if not trying to go for Ladd #4. Watch for Ladd trying to take you at the knees when he tackles. When he goes down for the knees, just hurdle him. Baumann, one of their linebackers is out with injuries he got from Polk. The other, Gaines went down with injuries against Greenbrier. In a crunch 4th down, White House will try to make a team take a time out by having players come on and off the field for a punt, trying to confuse the opponent. Get ready for BDP hype. They will bring noisemakers, bleach bottles rattles and noisy fans. Make alot of hometown noise and it will rattle their defense. I'm sure Notre Dames' coaches will prepare well and move on to meet Lipscomb in the big game. Good luck, Notre Dame.

Awful lot of bragging from a Commando :)

On to the game...ND's undefeated Irish should make this game interesting. WH's #23, #29 and #4 will carry the ball. If ND shuts down WH runs and makes them pass, the QB #12 is "iffy" at best. Bounces the ball off the ground on short passes to Ladd, #14 Zach Wood is their best defensive player. They occasionally try to pass to #7, and most passes will be to Mash #10 if not trying to go for Ladd #4. Watch for Ladd trying to take you at the knees when he tackles. When he goes down for the knees, just hurdle him. Baumann, one of their linebackers is out with injuries he got from Polk. The other, Gaines went down with injuries against Greenbrier. In a crunch 4th down, White House will try to make a team take a time out by having players come on and off the field for a punt, trying to confuse the opponent. Get ready for BDP hype. They will bring noisemakers, bleach bottles rattles and noisy fans. Make alot of hometown noise and it will rattle their defense. I'm sure Notre Dames' coaches will prepare well and move on to meet Lipscomb in the big game. Good luck, Notre Dame.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Baumann is a 330 lb. Defensive tackle. But i could see how you could get that confused :o

#14 is NOT their best player. They do not have a best player. That what makes them good. They play as a unit. At least they have the past few games and i dont see any reason why this game will be any different.

Ladd is a great open field tackler. Over the time he's played on defense, he has made many TD saving tackles. Gaines is fine, he just got out of breathe :D:D

This is a Notre Dame-White House thread. Not a I-mad-because-we-lost-and-now-i-am-going-to-cry-about-it thread.

I want to apologize to the ND fans who must subject themselves to the constant interference in our thread of our last opponent..... They just can't help from being bitter and I'll explain why....

We have beaten them 23.... yes, 23 straight games....they even lost the year ( we were 4a then) when they played for a 3a championship.... and they can't get over it.....Finally, after 23 straight defeats they won in week 10.....at their house.....and they believed the dominance was over....But unfortunately, in the 2nd round, at their house again, when it counted, we showed 'em that a fluke win during the season does not necessarily mean the dominance IS over.....

Now they must live with the prospect of losing to us 24 years in a row.... And boy are they bitter......

But we are looking forward to a hard fought game this weekend....... We are appreciative of another opportunity to play and get better......

So please be tolerant of our bitter neighbors......

[quote name='turf_master_s2s' date='Nov 14 2005 - 11:14 AM' post='825828420'

#14 is NOT their best player. They do not have a best player. That what makes them good. They play as a unit. At least they have the past few games and i dont see any reason why this game will be any different.

What do you call a LB with over 100 tackles almost 60% of them solo?

I want to apologize to the ND fans who must subject themselves to the constant interference in our thread of our last opponent..... They just can't help from being bitter and I'll explain why....

We have beaten them 23.... yes, 23 straight games....they even lost the year ( we were 4a then) when they played for a 3a championship.... and they can't get over it.....Finally, after 23 straight defeats they won in week 10.....at their house.....and they believed the dominance was over....But unfortunately, in the 2nd round, at their house again, when it counted, we showed 'em that a fluke win during the season does not necessarily mean the dominance IS over.....

Now they must live with the prospect of losing to us 24 years in a row.... And boy are they bitter......

But we are looking forward to a hard fought game this weekend....... We are appreciative of another opportunity to play and get better......

So please be tolerant of our bitter neighbors......

Give it a rest dandy, you do WH no favors with your continued stabs at GB. It's infantile and embarassing to watch.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Baumann is a 330 lb. Defensive tackle. But i could see how you could get that confused :o

Ladd is a great open field tackler. Over the time he's played on defense, he has made many TD saving tackles. Gaines is fine, he just got out of breathe :D:D

This is a Notre Dame-White House thread. Not a I-mad-because-we-lost-and-now-i-am-going-to-cry-about-it thread.

Well if Gaines was fine, he sure laid on the field a long time. If you're gonna play football, you need breath for all 4 quarters. He may be back for the Notre Dame game, but he's too slow to be a threat.

#14 was better in the second game against Greenbrier than the first. I'd say he is one of the best two players. Where have you been if you can't see that Ricky Ladd is your best player? The team isn't up for nomination. He is.

Just because White House gets in a huff about what others think, doesn't mean they are going to win. We've all got our opinions, and I just don't think they are going to beat Notre Dame.

Edited by SuperBowlDream