Memphis Melrose @ Jackson Central-Merry

VolunteerGeneral

WAD, get a life. VG is a regular opponent of mine and was in no way complaining or making excuses about JCM losing the game. He was simply stating the fact that a few Melrose fans need to get their act together, they are giving Melrose a bad name.

Sorry Drew Did not mean to break up you and VG while you were in your group hug. When you are done kissing each other and telling each other how good you are. Go back and look at the post following a JCM lost. This is the real world. I remember one time at The Rock some fans set off firecrackers, some broke into cars. And when some one posted on here about it, VG said Don't judge JCM because of that. And you should not come on here and start talking about that because it had nothing to do with football. Well the shoe is on the other foot, and I guess it is OK now. IMO

OK BIGGIE GROUP HUGGGGGGGG.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you're alive and well my young Cephus. I agree with you on "Congratulations-Gate"...it's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. I look forward to talking to all of you HC folks next year. I don't get on here much outside of football season but time will tell. See you around my "Much-Maturing"Cephus.

Hey, Yanker. Good to hear your voice. Perhaps I have been suffering from Yanker withdrawal. I was at the game Friday. I looked for you and even though we have never met, I thought for sure I would find you with the throngs around you and the glow surrounding your presence. I sure do miss HC football and can't wait until next year. Melrose is tough and obviously I don't mean this as a criticism, but I did notice that they had a lot of unnecessary penalties, a little sloppy. They didn't play that way against us. By the way, congratulations Melrose. If you get to see Murvul again, give them a night to remember. Stop their dominance.

Hey, Yanker. Good to hear your voice. Perhaps I have been suffering from Yanker withdrawal. I was at the game Friday. I looked for you and even though we have never met, I thought for sure I would find you with the throngs around you and the glow surrounding your presence. I sure do miss HC football and can't wait until next year. Melrose is tough and obviously I don't mean this as a criticism, but I did notice that they had a lot of unnecessary penalties, a little sloppy. They didn't play that way against us. By the way, congratulations Melrose. If you get to see Murvul again, give them a night to remember. Stop their dominance.

Good day to you my "Withdrawing-Pouting-Deleted-Positive-Friend of the Clueless-Yanker Aware" Wonder. You are one of those who incorrectly assumed the big crowd at the ROCK was to watch the game...THINK AGAIN...it was because word had leaked out that in attendance was the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER! Many decided to watch the game since they were there, but those around me wanted to catch a glimpse of the ole YANKER!

Good day to you my "Withdrawing-Pouting-Deleted-Positive-Friend of the Clueless-Yanker Aware" Wonder. You are one of those who incorrectly assumed the big crowd at the ROCK was to watch the game...THINK AGAIN...it was because word had leaked out that in attendance was the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER! Many decided to watch the game since they were there, but those around me wanted to catch a glimpse of the ole YANKER!

Good to see that you are alive and unchanged Yanker. I spent a little time on this thread last week. Now I have posted a couple on the Melrose/Hillsboro thread. You should take a look at that one. Hillsboro thinks they have seen the likes of Graig Cooper several times before. I don't think so! Cooper is that special once in a lifetime kind of player! I look forward to more 5-star outings next season. I don't post much on basketball, but my neice does play softball and is listed on here, so I may show up a time or two after football is over. Take care my friend and best wishes over the holiday's!!! :thumb:

I want to congratulate Melrose on a big win Friday night. As it has already been said, Cooper is the REAL DEAL! I hope they make it all the way and bring the "Gold Ball" home to West Tennessee.

Now with that said, I want to also congratulate the JCM Cougars on a great season. These guys overcame a rough start and went on to win the Region title. I am proud of each one of them. I now understand why the HC fans were slow to come back to CoachT. Friday night was my son's last high school football game and both he and I had a very long, depressing weekend. He has a deep love for this game and I am proud of the hard work and the sacrifices he has made in order to play. He played with a lot of heart and effort and I thank him for the memories he has given me. The same can be said for all of the other seniors as well.

I'm now counting down the days to baseball season.....

Good to see that you are alive and unchanged Yanker. I spent a little time on this thread last week. Now I have posted a couple on the Melrose/Hillsboro thread. You should take a look at that one. Hillsboro thinks they have seen the likes of Graig Cooper several times before. I don't think so! Cooper is that special once in a lifetime kind of player! I look forward to more 5-star outings next season. I don't post much on basketball, but my neice does play softball and is listed on here, so I may show up a time or two after football is over. Take care my friend and best wishes over the holiday's!!! :thumb:

I will desperately miss football season my "Neiceful-Softball Inflicted-Maturing" Young Cephus. I will also miss the HC football fans. It will be a long wait but hopefully time will pass rapidly. I hope the holidays treat my young Cephus very well. Speaking of holidays, it won't be much longer until they create a holiday that celebrates the life of the "FIVE-STAR" YANKER. Happy holidays.

Edited by Yanker

Sorry Drew Did not mean to break up you and VG while you were in your group hug. When you are done kissing each other and telling each other how good you are. Go back and look at the post following a JCM lost. This is the real world. I remember one time at The Rock some fans set off firecrackers, some broke into cars. And when some one posted on here about it, VG said Don't judge JCM because of that. And you should not come on here and start talking about that because it had nothing to do with football. Well the shoe is on the other foot, and I guess it is OK now. IMO

OK BIGGIE GROUP HUGGGGGGGG.

LOL....that post made no sense whatsoever! :lol:

I didn't get there until half-time. Imagine my surprise when I tuned to 101.5 in Jackson about the score. I was not aware that any of the Jackson players got injured. I do remember the radio commentators being puzzled about why the QB, Bornor, was moved to RB. Seeing how they (JCM) was ineffective like that, why continue? Why not put Bornor back at QB and put the another RB in the game? I don't think the 2nd string QB was up to the task.

All I know when I arrived is what I saw. From the 3rd quarter on ... it was complete domination. I agree with a Melrose player's assesment ... it seemed like JCM just quit. Whether they quit or not is mute. It was evident, Cooper was hitting on all cylinders. He seems faster then he was last year, and that's saying something.

JCM ... nice season ... keep your heads up!

kwc...you missed a very competitive first half. Our starting rb went out in the first quarter (thought to have broken ribs) By halftime our 2nd string rb (who also happens to be a starting lb)was out for the game.

Now I`m like you...I can find no good reason at all why the coach decided to move borner to rb and put the 2nd team qb in. While he is gonna be a good qb in the future, it was crystal clear that he was put in a situation that he was not quite ready to handle. I don`t think the eventual outcome was decided by this move, but I think the JCM collapse was. We had Stephen Moten (our starting safety) sitting there who is a very capable rb. Stephen just came back to JCM last spring after attending Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett (5A school) the last year and a half. Stephen gained several hundred yards for DB last year and would have been their starting rb this year. Yet for some reason the coach continued to send our 2nd team qb out there to the gladiators. It was frustrating as a fan to watch because I know Melrose isn`t 40 points better than JCM. But you could just tell when we made that change, Melrose smelled blood. I hope Melrose can keep up that intensity and for the next two weeks.