Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

How's the Hooked on Phonics program in Lexington? I hear it's superb. But I haven't seen it in person, so I anit going to give an expert analysis on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

i know you have a passing game you will have to use it because DLwill take away your running game the big thing is they have a better pass defence that makes a lot of turn overs you will see dl38 lhs10

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BombSquad...how old are you? i mean u gotta be pushin bout 9 or 10 if that...on another note- i have not seen DL play but i know of their football program in years past and will say that Lexington will be the slight underdog in the matchup but as i said last week ---> Lexington has a stud kicker (who kicked the difference maker against CreekWood from 47 yds away) and if the game is a shootout and comes down to the last few plays i give it to Lexington...I'll be making the trip to Nashville to see my Alma Mater play and hope they can pull it out...GO TIGERS GO!!!

Edited by gatorman

I think Lexington wins this game. I saw Liscomb play this past friday and they didn't look as good as I thought they would be. They are big but I didn't see anybody stand out in the skill positions. On the other hand, Lexington has the skill players and they're not too small either. I say Lexington by no more than two touchdowns.

.......................................................................................................................... ZCALLIS30, you young man i have throughly enjoyed watching play your heart and soul out the past 3 yrs for the Trojans! my heart goes out to you as i know you were looking forward to playing the winner of this game!! Back to thread...if Lexington so they say didnt bring their "A" game last week and you werent impressed with DL overall then this game should be a donny-brook...however as much as ill be pulling for a west tennessee team to advance in this game because Lexington does have talent overflowing this year as this group of Red Tigers has been playing together for 3 yrs now, but they will certainly have to play the game of their life and certainly be there the full 48 minutes as i believe DL brings too much to the table = team concept,numerous players at all positions of equal ability means they will be there the full 48 minutes..it all comes down to miscues and which team takes advantage of them, therefore ill not pick a winner but will pull for our west tennessee(Lexington) team to advance as that puts the Red Tigers playing the winner of Covington/Crockett game that will ensure a west tennessee team in the Boro playing for the Gold Ball!!!...Go get "em" Red Tigers..Be There the full 48 Minutes!!!!!!! :thumb:

Taking the Mustangs in a close game, Fans get there early for a good seat and yes the grill will be hot!, don't have a clue what we are cooking yet. Tailgate at 5:30 at the pinic tables, bring a snack and come on down and join the fun. Chuck will be there early to cheer for the Mustangs and work the gate. :thumb:

The Lexington fans seem to be more fired up than us, but that is how we like it.

This thread will be just like the game. Lexington will come out whoopin and hollerin only to get dismantled by a calm, cool, collected approach to the ball game by the Lipscomb.

Bombsquad, keep these Lexingtonians in check for us please.

Mustvol, get that grill fired up.

Stampede, get the microphone ready.

Vandy1, keep updatin the web page

MarkGaither, get a life instead of your stupid weather forecasts.

CatfishHunter, wear your letterman jacket at the game

Lexington fans, no way you beatin us, we have not 1, but 2 Binkleys!

Troyleetim, where are you buddy?

And finally

Marty Pat Draper Hartline the III - Craig is gonna need to you to keep warm this week

This will NOT be my last post of this week, could possibly be my last post of the day though.

Why is it that we are now a power team with no speed? Our speed was more than enough to shut down thousand yard rushers from Creek Wood and Cheatham. We were roughly the same size as Cheatham Co. and probably bigger than Montgomery Central. Everybody else we played was bigger as a team than we were. Goodpasture dwarfed us and had the best high school lineman I've seen in several years. Power team????

The Lexington fans seem to be more fired up than us, but that is how we like it.

This thread will be just like the game. Lexington will come out whoopin and hollerin only to get dismantled by a calm, cool, collected approach to the ball game by the Lipscomb.

Bombsquad, keep these Lexingtonians in check for us please.

Mustvol, get that grill fired up.

Stampede, get the microphone ready.

Vandy1, keep updatin the web page

MarkGaither, get a life instead of your stupid weather forecasts.

CatfishHunter, wear your letterman jacket at the game

Lexington fans, no way you beatin us, we have not 1, but 2 Binkleys!

Troyleetim, where are you buddy?

And finally

Marty Pat Draper Hartline the III - Craig is gonna need to you to keep warm this week

This will NOT be my last post of this week, could possibly be my last post of the day though.

Binkley is a stud on D. But not so fast my friend, Lexington has a Mr. Football finalist at LB also, Jonathan DeBerry. 99% of the time when Kevis Buckley steps on the field, he knows he is the fastest guy out there and Smith knows he's the second fastest. Nobody has been able to block Trezley Yarbrough all year, it wont happen this week either, its hard to block a D-Lineman thats fast enough to play fullback on any other team. Lexington wins this 1.