Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

If Lex plays to their potential by throwing the ball a little more they can be very dangerous; it is going to be a tough game for DL. I have also heard only one big offensive playmaker from DL, do they not have anyone else besides Elrod because you know Lex has 3 pretty good backs.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bold prediction.....

Lexington at 12-0 is a very solid club...David Lipscomb,is well,David Lipscomb..The move up hasn't seemed to affect the Mustangs too much...

I keep seeing the Lipscomb/Huntingdon game in the back of my mind...Lipscomb was defending champs #1 and expected to repeat as champions a couple of years ago...Huntingdon totally blew Lipscomb away..Lipscomb looked as though they were running with concrete shoes on in quick-sand...Lexington has speed to burn at several positions...Lipscomb will have to figure out a way to minimize what will be a big check mark in favor for the Big Red Tigers..Team Speed....But,in other posts I have made my prediction for the winner of the Class 3A crown and it was David Lipscomb's Mustangs.....

I find it interesting the the Huntingdon Mustangs would be mentioned in a Lexington/DLS Mustang forum. Does anyone know why Lexington's coach refused to play the Huntingdon 'Stangs this year? David Lipscomb 31-Lexington12 :thumb:

I find it interesting the the Huntingdon Mustangs would be mentioned in a Lexington/DLS Mustang forum. Does anyone know why Lexington's coach refused to play the Huntingdon 'Stangs this year? David Lipscomb 31-Lexington12 :thumb:

Lexington v. Huntingdon was an old time AA rivalry in the 70's and 80's. Huntingdon quit playing Lexington in the late 80's and 90's and avoided them until the down period in the late 90's and early 00's. Lindsey was probably repaying the favor and not allowing Huntingdon to capitalize on the Huge gate that playing Lexington brings. It got so bad in the early 90's that Lexington had to go to Alabama to find an opponent and ended up Playing middle TN schools like Page and Giles Co. When the most recent downturn popped up, everybody in West Tn. wanted the Tigers again.

Oh yeah, Lexington wins this one by an Adomopolous field goal. Too much team Speed for the Tigers. Speed Kills.

When I invisioned this thread in my postgame football meditation Friday night, believe it or not, I saw this thread turning to where it is completely devoted to Huntington. Fabulous. Thank you all. On another note, I love how these Lexington people get on here, having never seen Lipscomb play before, ever, and make predictions. Carry on.

Guest catfish-hunter

I don't know if we'll be going to a game next week vandy1 but I'll be at this one if I do go out to a game next week.

All of you people predicting Lexington to score 20+ points in this one need your heads examined. Lexington scored 24, which they had to, to beat Creek Wood last night. I won't degrade Creek Wood in any way shape or form because simply to say they beat us head-to-head back in week eight. What I will say is Creek Wood does not have a better defense than David Lipscomb. They have two defensive tackles (Hudson & Cook) who are men amongst boys in the trenches. The Binkley boys, along with Lehning and Wilkerson, have noses for the football and they don't miss tackles. Back there in the secondary they've got Wood, Gott, Hull, and Neelly and those guys cover very well. Lexington does not throw it well from what I hear but they are stacked in the backfield. That's good because it's nothing Lipscomb hasn't seen this year already. They controlled both Cheatham Co. and Creek Wood's offenses this year and both of those teams are just as good, if not better, at running the football as are the Lexington Tigers.

Playing at home will surely help Lipscomb out dramatically in this one:

David Lipscomb: 28

Lexington: 14

Lexington v. Huntingdon was an old time AA rivalry in the 70's and 80's. Huntingdon quit playing Lexington in the late 80's and 90's and avoided them until the down period in the late 90's and early 00's. Lindsey was probably repaying the favor and not allowing Huntingdon to capitalize on the Huge gate that playing Lexington brings. It got so bad in the early 90's that Lexington had to go to Alabama to find an opponent and ended up Playing middle TN schools like Page and Giles Co. When the most recent downturn popped up, everybody in West Tn. wanted the Tigers again.

Oh yeah, Lexington wins this one by an Adomopolous field goal. Too much team Speed for the Tigers. Speed Kills.

What gate? Last year at Lexington, there were many more 'Stang fans than Tigers. :thumb:

I've seen both teams and DL is not only the better team they're the best team i've seen this year and i've seen talent. In order for lexington to win they will have to CONDITION this week in practice because in the 2nd half they were wore out against CW and DL out played CW in the 2nd half earlier in the 2nd half also they will have to do something more on offence. DL will win this one in hard faught game

What gate? Last year at Lexington, there were many more 'Stang fans than Tigers. :thumb:

Sir if you were in Lexington for the game last year then you are correct there were more "stangs" there because all of us Tiger fans were in Huntingdon where the game was actually played.

To BombSquad: I don't understand your reasoning especially since some of our more radical fans have yet to post predictions which will be outrageous. The majority of us Lexington fans (99%) are expecting a hard fought battle and in every post we never pick us winning by more than 7 versus all those picking DL by 14, 21, or so. It's not that we doubt our team... we just don't underestimate our opponent especially at this point in the playoffs. What makes them so educated on what they can expect to do to our team?

If Lexington plays again as they did this past week we can expect tough times against a team as good as Lipscomb. But don't expect us to. We played a tough and very talented Creek Wood team and didn't bring our "A" game to the field but don't expect them to make that mistake twice. The Tigers will be ready to play 110% for four quarters.

I haven't seen Lipscomb play this year and I've only read a little about them. So since I can't make an educated prediction on an actual score, I'll just go with the LEXINGTON TIGERS WIN in a close game.

Sir if you were in Lexington for the game last year then you are correct there were more "stangs" there because all of us Tiger fans were in Huntingdon where the game was actually played.

To BombSquad: I don't understand your reasoning especially since some of our more radical fans have yet to post predictions which will be outrageous. The majority of us Lexington fans (99%) are expecting a hard fought battle and in every post we never pick us winning by more than 7 versus all those picking DL by 14, 21, or so. It's not that we doubt our team... we just don't underestimate our opponent especially at this point in the playoffs. What makes them so educated on what they can expect to do to our team?

If Lexington plays again as they did this past week we can expect tough times against a team as good as Lipscomb. But don't expect us to. We played a tough and very talented Creek Wood team and didn't bring our "A" game to the field but don't expect them to make that mistake twice. The Tigers will be ready to play 110% for four quarters.

I haven't seen Lipscomb play this year and I've only read a little about them. So since I can't make an educated prediction on an actual score, I'll just go with the LEXINGTON TIGERS WIN in a close game.

YOUR LIKE THE 10TH PERSON TO SAY YALL DIDNT BRANG YALLS A GAME THATS BULL JUST ADMIT YALL PLAYD YALLS BEST AND SO DID CREEK WOOD BUT YALL HAVE A KICKER AND THATS WHAT WON IT BESIDES THE ZEBRAS BEING BLIND.

Why does region 5 stick together so much? I find it haliarious. You guys really need to work on your hatred of region 6. We're not that bad of people, I promise. Is it an inferitory complex because you can't beat a team from the other half of the bracket so you gang up on who you can?

Wasn't Lexington the only team from Region 6 to win a playoff game this year? Seems like Region 5 is doing a pretty good job at beating teams from the other half of the bracket then.

I've seen both teams and DL is not only the better team they're the best team i've seen this year and i've seen talent. In order for lexington to win they will have to CONDITION this week in practice because in the 2nd half they were wore out against CW and DL out played CW in the 2nd half earlier in the 2nd half also they will have to do something more on offence. DL will win this one in hard faught game

Boy I have herd that statement before. Look DL fans get on here and say there the best team in any classification every year they have a very good team just don’t pay much attention to them. Middle tn teams stick together and we will to. Show up play your best and see how it turns out. GOOD LUCK TO LEXINGTON AND GO HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS :)