Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

You know all I was after was a little generic info to help me out as a fan since I have never seen DL and don't know anything about them and all I can get is some guy channeling the pink panther and something about some stupid Mummeball? :huh:

Come on guys I am not asking for inside info. Fans don't get the benefit of watching film so this is all we have.

You will have to excuse BombSquad. He lives in a different world and only communicates on Coach T.

Lipscomb runs a wing-T offense and has for many years. This year they have lived by the run, but will surprise you with a pass. Its hard to give you any dynamics other than they like to run and use the clock.

Defense they run a hybrid of a 3-4, 4-3 base. They are led in the middle by Braden Binkley, 1 of the 3 Mr. Football finalist. They've got some decent size upfront and the secondary is also decent. They are very opportunist bunch and the takeaway percentage is very high. You can go to their website at http://www.mustangfanpage.com (I think thats right). You can see their roster, depth chart, their stats and you can probably fill in the blanks on your other questions and thoughts. The sight is very informative and well worth the look. Hope this helps. You can probably ask more of the Catfish Hunter, he's seen them at least twice this year.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to excuse BombSquad. He lives in a different world and only communicates on Coach T.

Lipscomb runs a wing-T offense and has for many years. This year they have lived by the run, but will surprise you with a pass. Its hard to give you any dynamics other than they like to run and use the clock.

Defense they run a hybrid of a 3-4, 4-3 base. They are led in the middle by Braden Binkley, 1 of the 3 Mr. Football finalist. They've got some decent size upfront and the secondary is also decent. They are very opportunist bunch and the takeaway percentage is very high. You can go to their website at http://www.mustangfanpage.com (I think thats right). You can see their roster, depth chart, their stats and you can probably fill in the blanks on your other questions and thoughts. The sight is very informative and well worth the look. Hope this helps. You can probably ask more of the Catfish Hunter, he's seen them at least twice this year.

I appreciate your response. We have seen that offense before(I think) but probably not ran as well as DL does. They manage to stop the run that well playing only 3 and 4 down linemen? No wonder they are tough on defense. Hopefully we can make them adjust and take advantage of it. Should be a great game.

Guest catfish-hunter

I appreciate your response. We have seen that offense before(I think) but probably not ran as well as DL does. They manage to stop the run that well playing only 3 and 4 down linemen? No wonder they are tough on defense. Hopefully we can make them adjust and take advantage of it. Should be a great game.

Hey Troyleetim, I liked the Hal Mumme analogy better but you've ruined it :huh:

Three guys have their hands on the ground (#53 is the nose and #84 & #77 are the two tackles). #84 & #77 both go around 250-260lbs. (the program lies when it says 239 which is what those two weighed as freshmen and eight graders) and they are GOOD!!!! #53 plays in the opponents backfield all night long and to block #77 & #84 you'd better have some good tackles on your offensive line.

The middle linebacker is #43 and he is a Mr. Football Finalist. #44 & #50 are both of their outside backers and they can bring it. They play tough against the run and can cover well also. Both of those guys have each scored 2TD's defensively this year for Lipscomb. #55 plays on the second level but he also walks up and plays as that extra man on the line of scrimmage.

Their secondary is simply good. #32 is the best player back there in my honest opinion. #22, #30, and #14 are also excellent players.

Offensively Lipscomb runs a wing-T but it is no like the way Huntingdon runs it. Lipscomb has two backs in the backfield. They like to run the trap play to #40. Their other plays are the speed sweep to #37 and the quarterback rollout with #25. The quarterback also throws on the rollout and his main reciever is #24.

#14 is the placekicker and he is a weapon to say the least. He pins opponents deep with his kickoffs, which Lipscomb covers kicks quite well. He can also put FG's through the uprights. I'd say he easily has range up to 40 yards and he can make further kicks than that if he's accurate.

Hey Troyleetim, I liked the Hal Mumme analogy better but you've ruined it B)

Three guys have their hands on the ground (#53 is the nose and #84 & #77 are the two tackles). #84 & #77 both go around 250-260lbs. (the program lies when it says 239 which is what those two weighed as freshmen and eight graders) and they are GOOD!!!! #53 plays in the opponents backfield all night long and to block #77 & #84 you'd better have some good tackles on your offensive line.

The middle linebacker is #43 and he is a Mr. Football Finalist. #44 & #50 are both of their outside backers and they can bring it. They play tough against the run and can cover well also. Both of those guys have each scored 2TD's defensively this year for Lipscomb. #55 plays on the second level but he also walks up and plays as that extra man on the line of scrimmage.

Their secondary is simply good. #32 is the best player back there in my honest opinion. #22, #30, and #14 are also excellent players.

Offensively Lipscomb runs a wing-T but it is no like the way Huntingdon runs it. Lipscomb has two backs in the backfield. They like to run the trap play to #40. Their other plays are the speed sweep to #37 and the quarterback rollout with #25. The quarterback also throws on the rollout and his main reciever is #24.

#14 is the placekicker and he is a weapon to say the least. He pins opponents deep with his kickoffs, which Lipscomb covers kicks quite well. He can also put FG's through the uprights. I'd say he easily has range up to 40 yards and he can make further kicks than that if he's accurate.

THose weights are accurate on those D-Lineman #53 is a sophmore and #84 is a junior

24 hours until kickoff!

It's fun when you live away from where you grew up, work with a bunch of people whose kids go to the school at your next opponent, and you get to talk smack back and forth all week.

I just hope this concession stand and stuff vandy1 has been having about comes equipped with hot chocolate. If there is chilli at the tailgate, I may show up. B)