JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

Also, from what I am reading on here; Union City is definately not offering as good of an education as they offer in any other school in the country, much less a private school.

I take offense to that statement. You have no right in any way to criticize Union City's education system. I go to Union City and am educated quite well. So unless you want to come and tell me to my face that I am not taught well, don't say that Union City is "definitely" not offering as good of an education than any other school in the country. We might want to take a field trip to your college if they are letting people like you in on a full ride. What profession are you planning on entering after college? Unless it is a sit-at-home (your parents' house most likely), play on the computer loser then get a life, go to class, and stop wasting your time trying to act big and bad on coach t.

Edited by caitlin_2007

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballfan25... Your comments don't hold water. JCS could do like Trousdale County and opt to play up if they're scared to play the likes of UC. The Yellowjackets were a AA team for years but didn't want to play Goodpasture and Lipscomb so they opted to play AAA ball. Job loss has hurt the community and therefore the enrollment at school and now they are a legit 1A team. Classification is based on enrollment period...

Huntingdon enrollment has dropped for the last several years where we're one of the smallest AA school in the state along with Peabody. We're projected to be 1A next classification but the powers to be will have to decide if we play "small ball" on not.

Granted UC is not Middleton or Halls but they are a legit 1A school. JCS had a fine team this year and you should be proud. It really is tough losing but you knew beforehand that only one team would come out of this game and advance.

can u imagine the comment that would be made if h town droppen to 1a

I want to congratulate JCS on a great season and esp. UC on the win. I was at the game and both teams looked good but JCS just couldnt get it going until the third quarter and i geuss they maybe got wore down and give up the last two td's for UC.

Hey Ktrainfan were you at the game?

I want to congatulate both teams on a great season and good luck UC next week against Jo Byrns and maybe yall can bring the Gold Ball to West TN. Good look from a South Fulton player.

now this is a very classy post if only others could learn from this

To everyone on here saying that JCS came out sluggish and couldn't get it going early ....

Do you think maybe .... just maybe .... that might have had a little to do with Union City laying the wood to them early??? Hmmmmmm????

Sluggish??? In Week 13???? Come on now. ..... As a very successful coach once said to me: Excuses are for losers.

Maybe the dog ate your playbook. Maybe she said she was on the pill. Maybe you had some food poisoning from the pre-game meal. Maybe you're alergic to bus rides. Maybe the grass on the field was too low/too high/too dead. Maybe you lost it in the lights. Maybe it was too cold/not cold enough.

Or maybe .... just maybe .... it was something else entirely.

It is always a sad day indeed when arrogance meets reality.

i listened to game the game on the radio and it sounds to me like JCS had there most sluggish game this season and UC had the best game of thier season i have also heard JCS recieved many bad spots and the refs missed a big false start and clip on UC second TD and some others

The officials at this game were very good as they should be this late in the playoffs. I have seen some games that the outcome would have been greatly affected had it not been for poor officiating, but this time it was not the case.

1) The public school team started the argument about private school's being stupid for paying so much to begin with. I garuntee you if you had your son in a private school for a day, you'd wish you'd always had him there (atleast that's what everybody who ends up at JCS says). The students who are lucky enough to attend JCS are very thankful for the sacrifices their parents make for them so they can attend a private school. Parents aren't stupid for wanting their kids to have a good education and be in a good enviroment where they can worship and learn about God everyday.

2) Saying JCS came out sluggish is not an excuse, it's a fact. I think the way UC came out pumped and ready to play was an advantage and gave them edge in the first half. That's not an excuse, for it was JCS' own fault for coming out like that.

3) JCS has barely over 200 in their highscool. I was just stating that, by the looks of it, Union City (the town) looked big enough to have more than one H.S. And I still don't think they belong in 1A, but it's ok. For the USJ comment. They just aren't good this year. It's not a matter of them being in 1A or 2A. JCS wouldn't have done as bad as they did this year. McKensie would have looked like USJ, not JCS. JCS doesn't pull players from around the community. Just because they are a private school doesn't mean they can recruit. If you took the Eagles' starting line-up, with the exception of a few, most players have gone to JCS since middle school, if not elementary. Obviously public school kids can go to different schools too, seeing that the enrollment went down at Union City enough for them to drop to 1A?

4) I wasn't trying to say anything bad about the Katrina victim. JCS raised thousands of dollars for Katrina victims like him and I'm glad he is ok. Just stating, without him UC wouldn't have been as strong and that JCS isn't the kind of place that gets lucky with stuff like that.

5) The false start was very obvious. Not saying that if the refs would have called it that UC wouldn't have scored on the next play. Just stating it was a very obvious call that was somehow missed.

6) I find it very funny that McKensie and Union City people can get on here and post comments and stand up for their team, but when a JCS fan does, they haven't had class and have disrespected their team. McKensie and Union City made various uncalled-for comments, inlcluding ktrain himself.

7) Ktrainfan aren't you a dad? Surely a man of your age and wisdom is more mature than to be on here trying to pick arguments with younger people.

If I offended you, then sorry. You probably offended a bunch of people, too. That's what happens when a bunch of people from a bunch of different places state their opinions. I just thought I was allowed to put in my two cents too. I did congradulate the Eagles on a great season. They will be back next year just as strong and I can't wait. For Union City, good luck. Ya'll were a very good team and deserved to win with the way you came out and played. Hats off to JCS for making a comeback in the third, though. I was glad the game was actually worth my $7, unlike the first two rounds of the playoffs.

1st) It's M-C-K-E-N-Z-I-E!

2cnd) No, i would not change my mind on the education that my son has recieved from the Carroll County Public School System, I am more than satisfied with the job that this system has done for all four of my children!

3rd) Contrary to your belief, all of my children are blessed to have God in their lives, we do have churches here and that is something that is taught from parents wanting their children to know about God, not just private schools.

4th) I am the ktrainfan and my son is the K-Train, a name he recieved from friends long ago while playing youth football. He has never, ever posted on coacht and that I can promise you.

5th) Supporting your team is cool, but go back through all the post on the UC/JCS threads and Mckenzie/JCS threads and pick out all the boasting and bragging that JCS has done and I promise it will all equal out. We were stero-typed as hicks, rednecks, and illiterate. Where are the Christian values in that? Accusations were made that we would not be heard from after JCS beat us, you all live right there and before I could make the hour drive home your fans where on coacht wanting to know why Mckenzie Fans were so quite and posting these I told you so's! But being the un-mature man that I am, I got on and gave JCS the respect they deserved and did not make excuses as to why we lost.

Like I said before, coacht is a place where we can ruffle a few feathers and try to gain a mental edge, and it's mostly good clean fun or the Coach shuts it down. So enough of the making excuses for your teams outcome and your actions on here. I'll work a sight and maybe call it coachexcuse.

Peace out and God Bless You!!!!

1st) It's M-C-K-E-N-Z-I-E!

2cnd) No, i would not change my mind on the education that my son has recieved from the Carroll County Public School System, I am more than satisfied with the job that this system has done for all four of my children!

3rd) Contrary to your belief, all of my children are blessed to have God in their lives, we do have churches here and that is something that is taught from parents wanting their children to know about God, not just private schools.

4th) I am the ktrainfan and my son is the K-Train, a name he recieved from friends long ago while playing youth football. He has never, ever posted on coacht and that I can promise you.

5th) Supporting your team is cool, but go back through all the post on the UC/JCS threads and Mckenzie/JCS threads and pick out all the boasting and bragging that JCS has done and I promise it will all equal out. We were stero-typed as hicks, rednecks, and illiterate. Where are the Christian values in that? Accusations were made that we would not be heard from after JCS beat us, you all live right there and before I could make the hour drive home your fans where on coacht wanting to know why Mckenzie Fans were so quite and posting these I told you so's! But being the un-mature man that I am, I got on and gave JCS the respect they deserved and did not make excuses as to why we lost.

Like I said before, coacht is a place where we can ruffle a few feathers and try to gain a mental edge, and it's mostly good clean fun or the Coach shuts it down. So enough of the making excuses for your teams outcome and your actions on here. I'll work a sight and maybe call it coachexcuse.

Peace out and God Bless You!!!!

exxxx post ktrainfan

I want to congratulate JCS on a great season and esp. UC on the win. I was at the game and both teams looked good but JCS just couldnt get it going until the third quarter and i geuss they maybe got wore down and give up the last two td's for UC.

Hey Ktrainfan were you at the game?

I want to congatulate both teams on a great season and good luck UC next week against Jo Byrns and maybe yall can bring the Gold Ball to West TN. Good look from a South Fulton player.

[/quote

Kegan and I went to support his old homies over in the H-Town, sounded like a great game though. We did some catching up over there and had a game of "kick tha can!"

I take offense to that statement. You have no right in any way to criticize Union City's education system. I go to Union City and am educated quite well. So unless you want to come and tell me to my face that I am not taught well, don't say that Union City is "definitely" not offering as good of an education than any other school in the country. We might want to take a field trip to your college if they are letting people like you in on a full ride. What profession are you planning on entering after college? Unless it is a sit-at-home (your parents' house most likely), play on the computer loser then get a life, go to class, and stop wasting your time trying to act big and bad on coach t.

I was criticizing some of the ignorant statements made by some UC fans on this board. I know that UC did win the game, but to state that they are on an entirely different level time and time again just because they dropped down from a higher classification is absurd. They have known they were in dogfights the last two weeks against 1A competition, I promise you. Also, many of the statements did look like they were written by 3rd graders. Feel free to come on to campus, but I will go ahead an warn you; you better be packing a 30 on your ACT to get in free here. I am actually going to be a Math teacher after college. Also, I don't live at my parents house now, not even in the same city. I have an apartment, two jobs, and I never miss a class; you can't afford to whenever your taking Calculus classes that are numbered higher than most people in UC can count. It takes about 5 min. to make a post on coachT, not alot of time wasted. My original statement was intended for those who were making ridiculous statements on this board, if you feel that was directed at you then so be it; your probably one of them. I know that UC fans are like any other, there are some good and some bad; therefore, for anyone else out there from UC don't take it personal, there are bad apples in every tree. Good luck to UC in the semi-finals, I would be proud having you represent West TN in the 'boro.

Ktrainfan- so you are the one who posted rap songs on here before the jcs mckenZie game? haha you shouldn't have let that one out. Saying JCS didn't come out ready to play is still not an excuse. JCS didn't come out and UC did, that's what gave them the edge and allowed them jump to out to a 12-0 lead at the half. Just the same for the third quarter, JCS came out and UC didn't and that's what helped them to break lead to only 14-20. You don't even have a dog in this fight anyways- your team got put out in the second round.

:thumb: Congrats to Coach Fishel and the Purple & Gold for defeated a good JCS team and advancing to the state semifinals. Excellent game plan coming in defensively as UC hand JCS smothered for almost three quarters.. :thumb: I applaud the effort of the Eagles to come back and make things interesting and showing a lot of heart and also applaud UC late for responding and adding some touchdowns late to put the game out of reach.. Congrats to the Eagles on an outstanding season and good luck to UC at Jo Byrns this week!! :lol:

I was criticizing some of the ignorant statements made by some UC fans on this board. I know that UC did win the game, but to state that they are on an entirely different level time and time again just because they dropped down from a higher classification is absurd. They have known they were in dogfights the last two weeks against 1A competition, I promise you. Also, many of the statements did look like they were written by 3rd graders. Feel free to come on to campus, but I will go ahead an warn you; you better be packing a 30 on your ACT to get in free here. I am actually going to be a Math teacher after college. Also, I don't live at my parents house now, not even in the same city. I have an apartment, two jobs, and I never miss a class; you can't afford to whenever your taking Calculus classes that are numbered higher than most people in UC can count. It takes about 5 min. to make a post on coachT, not alot of time wasted. My original statement was intended for those who were making ridiculous statements on this board, if you feel that was directed at you then so be it; your probably one of them. I know that UC fans are like any other, there are some good and some bad; therefore, for anyone else out there from UC don't take it personal, there are bad apples in every tree. Good luck to UC in the semi-finals, I would be proud having you represent West TN in the 'boro.

"My original statement was intended for those who were making ridiculous statements on this board, if you feel that was directed at you then so be it; your probably one of them." ..... Last time i checked, in order to receive a 30 on your ACTs you had to know grammar. At the start of your second clause in that sentence you used "your" when you should have used "you're." And do you know "most UC people" well enough to know whether they can count? I didn't think so. And yes, it does only take 5 minutes to post a message on coachT, but it takes many sets of 5 minutes to post as many as you are. If your original comments were aimed at those making ridiculous statements then aim them directly at them and not at their school system. Most people will take offense when you tell them they are not educated; so choose your words carefully next time so we won't have to have this conversation again.

GO TORNADOES!!! Good luck in the semifinals!!!

Edited by caitlin_2007