WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Mosby is a good player but if you focus on him then Chris Walker will not be focused on much. MUS needs to play their game, their offense can move the ball on anyone. They just need to make sure that they blitz, because last game one of the main reasons MUS lost was because they were too passive on the last drive. If they blitz that will put the pressure on Skynard. However, both teams are very good and it will be an exciting game.

Well think back over the past two years and ask yourself how many "big plays" Chris Walker has made in those games. Last year he didn't make any of what would be classified as big plays. Mosby on the other hand, can either make the big play via a sack or forcing an interception. By no means is he the whole defense. I was speaking more in terms of someone making a big play on defense.

Well think back over the past two years and ask yourself how many "big plays" Chris Walker has made in those games. Last year he didn't make any of what would be classified as big plays. Mosby on the other hand, can either make the big play via a sack or forcing an interception. By no means is he the whole defense. I was speaking more in terms of someone making a big play on defense.

Hey Guys,

There are a lot of weapons on D. Jared Collier OLB has put up some outstanding numbers that rival those of Walker and Mosby. Tyler Pounders weakside D-End is No. 2 in DII AAA for sacks and 3 in tackles for loss. The 6 guys in the box are a remarkable bunch of athletes.

What do you think the crowd size will be? I would guess 3,500 if that. This is really when they should let the game be played in memphis.

At most. The real shame is that division split, attendance at the DI 5A game and DIIAAA game together aren't even close to what the 5A game attendance once was. TSSAA doesn't even post attendance on their website anymore...too embarrassing. No matter where the teams hailed from, I think people would definitely go see the very best play each other.

Edited by itzme

What do you think the crowd size will be? I would guess 3,500 if that. This is really when they should let the game be played in memphis.

Guess you were not at the state game last year in Nashville where MUS had more fans than BA did. I promise you that the number of fans will surprise you.

Last year's game had 4,000, per the game stats at the TSSAA (link). If that crowd is matched this year, I would consider that a good crowd given the distance of the two schools from Murfreesboro.

An MUS alum asked me to go to the game with him, but I'll be in Knoxville on Saturday to watch a different clash of titans. :angry: I told him to call me with the outcome. I think he will be happy. MUS 17-7.

Edited by rollredroll

Hey Guys,

There are a lot of weapons on D. Jared Collier OLB has put up some outstanding numbers that rival those of Walker and Mosby. Tyler Pounders weakside D-End is No. 2 in DII AAA for sacks and 3 in tackles for loss. The 6 guys in the box are a remarkable bunch of athletes.

good to see collier (another ridgeway transfer) doing well.

Well think back over the past two years and ask yourself how many "big plays" Chris Walker has made in those games. Last year he didn't make any of what would be classified as big plays.

:D:lol: This whole discussion started with someone wishing Chris and Gilbert luck in their game. Someone else took THAT opportunity to say some unflattering things about Chris Walker. I hate to see that! Last year, Chris Walker was a Soph., played only 5 games due to an injury and STILL managed to have 50 plus tackles. THIS year, he is a Junior and has had several "big" plays (including an interception and run back for a touchdown) in addition to being in the top 10 in tackles in the Super 7. That being said, I think it will be a great game between two very good teams. I can't wait to see it!

Go CBHS!!!!

:ph34r::ph34r: This whole discussion started with someone wishing Chris and Gilbert luck in their game. Someone else took THAT opportunity to say some unflattering things about Chris Walker. I hate to see that! Last year, Chris Walker was a Soph., played only 5 games due to an injury and STILL managed to have 50 plus tackles. THIS year, he is a Junior and has had several "big" plays (including an interception and run back for a touchdown) in addition to being in the top 10 in tackles in the Super 7. That being said, I think it will be a great game between two very good teams. I can't wait to see it!

Go CBHS!!!!

no, why don't you not take what was said out of context. I have no doubt that Chris Walker is a fine football player, I actually got down on to the football playing field and played against him. Why don't you read the post from start to finish, there's no knocking on Chris Walker, I was simply STATING the facts. If that's bashing someone, then, yes, I was being negative.

Some people are so sensitive and so eager to try to find fault in someone else. I was actually complimenting Chris Mosby, but you turn it in to a bashing post. Wasn't Mosby the one that missed alot of games last year, not Chris Walker.. ???

Edited by tsr7487