Mississippi vs Tennessee

Tigersteve44

Honestly, we don't even know who the best team in our state is, why would we worry about beating teams out of state?! I'd personally rather see a Maryville/Riverdale matchup. I know that Riverdale fans travel well, and Maryville fans travel better than most home town fans do. So that would bring in a lot of money. They'd have to play it at somewhere like Tennessee Tech to field the number of people and make it a neutral site. In case you don't know who Maryville is...ask Melrose fans.

The Tennessee teams that could charge $15.00 per game if they played each other:

Maryville

Riverdale

Oak Ridge

Christian Brothers

Memphis University School

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, we don't even know who the best team in our state is, why would we worry about beating teams out of state?! I'd personally rather see a Maryville/Riverdale matchup. I know that Riverdale fans travel well, and Maryville fans travel better than most home town fans do. So that would bring in a lot of money. They'd have to play it at somewhere like Tennessee Tech to field the number of people and make it a neutral site. In case you don't know who Maryville is...ask Melrose fans.

what u mean ask Melrose fans?It's not like Maryville blew us out last year.They beatus 7-6.We had more fans at that game than Maryville.

what u mean ask Melrose fans?It's not like Maryville blew us out last year.They beatus 7-6.We had more fans at that game than Maryville.

what u mean ask Melrose fans?Maryville beat us 7-6.it's not like they blew us out.

i'm going to have to say that previous riverdale teams could have played with south panola, but not some of the more recent ones. i lived in ms and i know the south panola lore, and they are something to behold. the difference in talent is very noticeable (size, speed, strength, athletic ability). the 2001 riverdale team could have played with anyone in ms i believe, but since then no riverdale team has had the ability to stay within a couple of scores of south panola, including my senior team in 2002 and the state champ team in 2004. the fact is, they just grow em different down there, and the high school football in ms is a notch above tn football.

OK, you beat a down Germantown team this year. As to knowing about 'other' teams that is why R'dale went to Ohio and beat one of the better teams there.

As to seeing South Granola vs R'dale, I would pay to see it. I don't hear of the coaches there racing for the phone to try and play R'dale either.

As to 'National Ranking', R'dale is there on some of the National Ones as well. For instance on the Tony Bianco one they are ranked 7th nationally. They are also ranked in the top 25 on Prep Nation as well. As to the USA poll, there have been more on it that have gotten beaten than any other 'National Poll'.

Now I will put R'dales schedule up against SP's any day and see who fares better.

i hate to argue with you, but the teams that south panola play year in and year out are a whole lot better than the siegels, blackmans, and even the worthington kilbournes. i understand that the "clone" is currently a riverdale starter, but i seriously doubt he would dominate anyone on that defense. ms football is much better than tn football, especially this year. i think if these two teams played this year that south panola would handle the warriors. i know i'm committing heresy by speaking against the warriors, but its the truth.

oh, and if they are "south granola" then riverdale would need to be called "lucky charms" to beat them. :D