Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

hahahahahahaha. funnny post player. you dont think we could handle farragut, please tell me you are joking. i think we could take oak ridge too, we do it every year before the season in our scrimmage, i think we would definately compete in that classification just as much as we do now

First off dude do they really keep score in a scrimmage, I pretty sure OR was caritable scince you are in a lower division and you can't really tell that much about a team at that time.And wasn't Connor Gulmire a questionable player at that time too? When it comes to a game type situation like say tonight if Maryville was playing OR then they would walk away with a big L. I would like to see them compete in 5a. Because we all know Maryville can't do it. As for tonights game good luck and good night.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28-0 Maryville. Sounded like it could have been 42 or 49 zip. One thing I don't understand with M'town West is that with such a great running game, seems like they would take spring ball and fall practice to develop a passing game. When you know you have strong running attack, you can let that sit aside during the time when the games or scrimmages don't count or you have weaker opponents and develop a passing attack. Throw it 25-30 times in a scrimmage to make sure you are at least competent in the passing game come later in the season when it really matters. Unless you are a Melrose or a Hillsboro who can big play you with the run, I think you have to be able to be balanced with your offense. Surprising West didn't make this game any more competitive. Congrats to Maryville. I'm not sure I would have thought they would be sitting where they are right now based on what pre-season predictions were.

I beleive we all know that this is the true state championship. i honestly beleive that morristown west will be able to stop maryvilles running game. on the other hand tyler maples is going to be a pain in the rear end. the question is can maryville handle the increadable morristown ground attack. i mean these guys in the backfeild combine for a weight of close to 660 lbs. and Darius Ewing is suprisingly quick, i mean watch some film Ewing is definatly not the fastes breakaway back but his quite quick. Jawaan MCcullough is not as fast but about is strong, but boy does he have a nose for the endzone. As for Wesley Hale the Maryville D. will have to hold true to this "swarm" because i have not seen less than three people bring big # 40 down

Not even close to the best backfield we played this year. McCullogh must have a stopped up nose because NO ONE found the end zone. Geez how many 3rd and 2's and fourth and 2's did we stop you guys on? On the other hand we lost one of our starting running backs in the first quarter and Tallent ran wild. Guess that is why they play the game huh?

28-0 Maryville. Sounded like it could have been 42 or 49 zip.

It could have been 42 to nothing. Maryville had a great game running and passing the ball. Their defense was able to stop West's running game the entire game. I just want to congragulate MoWest on a great season, and good luck to Maryville in the state championship.

28-0 Maryville. Sounded like it could have been 42 or 49 zip. One thing I don't understand with M'town West is that with such a great running game, seems like they would take spring ball and fall practice to develop a passing game. When you know you have strong running attack, you can let that sit aside during the time when the games or scrimmages don't count or you have weaker opponents and develop a passing attack. Throw it 25-30 times in a scrimmage to make sure you are at least competent in the passing game come later in the season when it really matters. Unless you are a Melrose or a Hillsboro who can big play you with the run, I think you have to be able to be balanced with your offense. Surprising West didn't make this game any more competitive. Congrats to Maryville. I'm not sure I would have thought they would be sitting where they are right now based on what pre-season predictions were.

Agree. West will never be able to beat the best of the best as long as their offense is one dimentional. It is the one drawback Woods has had since he has been at West. They have not been a good passing team, and you can't line up against a team as good a the Rebels and run it down their throat all night. I don't think either team is as good as they were the past two times they have met. Good luck to the Rebels.

Maybe, but it wasn't.

West missed two golden opportunities in the first quarter. Tallent laid the ball on the ground around midfield and was able to recover and the Rebs drove the rest of the way to score. The other one was the interception on a pass by Hunt. West had it first and goal and the center snapped on the wrong count to back them up then a big sack on second down...

Maryville got a couple of big breaks early and kept the Trojans on their heels. Believe what you will on the "coulda" been score, but be happy you won and go on.

Maryville's defense is stout. Was a little disappointed in all the penalties they committed. The Rebs were lucky on the missed field goal by West because Ramos got drilled and there was no flag...except for a sideline warning on West when Woods was pleading his case.

All that being said, Melrose is in trouble. If they score 14 they should just be thrilled to death. Looks like the Rebs are going to be stocked for a couple more years...

BTW, you'll notice that I am not from Morristown and have no ties other than having covered them since the end of the regular season so I'd appreciate my observations being what they are...observations and not spin.

First off dude do they really keep score in a scrimmage, I pretty sure OR was caritable scince you are in a lower division and you can't really tell that much about a team at that time.And wasn't Connor Gulmire a questionable player at that time too? When it comes to a game type situation like say tonight if Maryville was playing OR then they would walk away with a big L. I would like to see them compete in 5a. Because we all know Maryville can't do it. As for tonights game good luck and good night.

Seriously dude...you have to be crazy to say Maryville can't do something...we have done it year in and year out...scrimmages may not tell a lot but they do say something...if you have read any posts from the past few weeks people were saying that Maryville couldnt do it...laughably people commented on Maryville's weak D...hahahahahahahaha...and how Mo West was going to run all over us...thats hilarious...oh yeah Maryville killed WB who beat Ooltewah who beat OR...so go compete with that.

As for the game...not matter what is said about Daius Ewing that kid ran hard the whole game from the time of the first carry to the end or the game...Mo West just lost to a far more superior team tonight...thats all that happened