Lipscomb Vs. Covington

Ham83

Congratulations to both teams on their success this season. That said, I don't know about you guys, but I am excited that bulldog69 came over to this thread at the beginning instead of waiting until after the game. Covington fans, if you haven't encountered bulldog, the term broken record doesn't qualify. Allow me to draw a comparison... bulldog69 is the Yeah-Yeah of Lipscomb threads. In Nineteen Hundred Ninety-Three the classic sports movie "The Sandlot" was introduced to the world. Marty York was a young actor who won the role of Alan McClennan, affectionately referred to as Yeah-Yeah. 'Why?' some who have been deprived of this American classic might ask. Everything Young Yeah-Yeah ever said began with "Yeah" and was quickly followed by another "yeah." Bulldog, we invite you to stay so that these wonderful people from Covington can witness your prowess. Sportsfans, we invite you to observe the incredible talent of bulldog69.

If Bombsquad is excited...then I best be out of here. Thank you for introducing the Covington fans to your typical senseless drivel that you are so famous for. Don't forget to post under 5-10 user id's so you can "hide". With that being said if the Bulldog is "left out of this"...he will not return this week or after the game.........otherwise??.....by the way...thank you for the compliments concerning my "prowess" and "talent"..... it is nice to be appreciated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew someone would eventually own up to it.

In case you didn't know....multiplier also means "private" which means 7,000 to 13,000 reasons why it is not a level playing field......nice try though.

I'll give some additional considerations for the TSSAA to ponder. What about Trousdale County and Alcoa beating teams to a pulp? 90-7?, 92-0 (I'm not sure of the exact scores) Perhaps they should dilute the talent in Alcoa some more and in Hartsville by starting a new high school in those cities. Or perhaps, move these squads out of 2A and 1A into classifications that they can compete in like 4A or 5A. Trousdale County has moved about in past years from 1A to 3A and skipping over 2A and going back to 1A ( Skipping teams like Alcoa, Tyner, Huntingdon, and Milan to play for a state title) Lipscomb last year gets waxed by Alcoa. The year before Huntingdon takes it to the Mustangs big. Where does Tyner go? Its a magnet school. And what about Clarksville area, Coaches are crying about too many schools which impacts the talent level at all schools. Has Riverdale won too many games? Perhaps we should move them to Division II. Perhaps the TSSAA should start 8 man football, so teams like Red Boiling Springs and others can compete against themselves. Maybe there should be a mercy run rule like they have in baseball.

Or instead of trying to pull other teams down to your level, Maybe Coaches should do a better job in getting more people in their school or area to playing football and being committed to off season workouts and implementing a system that is a road for success. There are many potential athletes walking the hallways at schools and are not playing football or even not playing any sport. Maybe its a Booster Club problem, an athletic director problem. What about open zones in some areas where there are multiple high schools?

How many schools does Hillsboro have to compete with for students. How big is their school district (from which to draw from?) They are sandwiched between Overton and Hillwood. I know an assistant Coach At Hillsboro, he indicated that they work real hard in getting their players out for football. Their success is a combination of a strong staff and a system that they can succeed in. Hillsboro has never been a football power until Coach Ron A. got over there. How many schools are there in Middle Tennessee that Lipscomb has to compete for just for students. I won't take the time to name them all and bore you.

You ask most of the teams Lipscomb played this year in Region 5 how much of a difference there is between the two programs. Greenbrier a non-region member, will say they have found their difference. You ask Cheatham County, Marshall County, Giles County, and Creek Wood and see what they say about this monumental advantage that Lipscomb has. Cheatham County and Creek Wood are both teams that would say they should have beaten the Mustangs. White House has no fear of Lipscomb, they lead in the series. I can assure you that 2A schools in West Tennessee in years past had no fears about playing Lipscomb.

You are entitled to your opinion. I know you would like to share the wealth where everybody is on a equal footing. But that system failed with the fall of the Berlin Wall. Your opinion is respected but just doesn't hold a lot of water with me.

Just some thoughts I had, for what their worth.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just some thoughts I had, for what their worth.

Not much

Oh no, talent has nothing to do with it. It is the "evil multiplier" factor that will decide the game!!!!!!

.............................................................................................................................hmmmm! so TRUE!! NOT FAIR AT ALL..DL should be ashamed to compete this way no doubt about it!!!!!!! but they want ALLOCATES no matter what! $$$$$$$$ ruins everything...too sad h.s. football has become Political to Benefit the Wealthy as Life in the U.S.A. has become over the last...oh well its always been that way...make the Rich feel good about theirselves while taking Advantage of the AVERAGE JOES at all Cost !!!... REAKS of ...WHEEW did you smell that??? GO CHARGERS!! From a friendly common foe 7/3 AAA FAN!!!! :thumb:

.............................................................................................................................hmmmm! so TRUE!! NOT FAIR AT ALL..DL should be ashamed to compete this way no doubt about it!!!!!!! but they want ALLOCATES no matter what! $$$$$$$$ ruins everything...too sad h.s. football has become Political to Benefit the Wealthy as Life in the U.S.A. has become over the last...oh well its always been that way...make the Rich feel good about theirselves while taking Advantage of the AVERAGE JOES at all Cost !!!... REAKS of ...WHEEW did you smell that??? GO CHARGERS!! From a friendly common foe 7/3 AAA FAN!!!! :rolleyes:

What did he say???

.............................................................................................................................hmmmm! so TRUE!! NOT FAIR AT ALL..DL should be ashamed to compete this way no doubt about it!!!!!!! but they want ALLOCATES no matter what! $$$$$$$$ ruins everything...too sad h.s. football has become Political to Benefit the Wealthy as Life in the U.S.A. has become over the last...oh well its always been that way...make the Rich feel good about theirselves while taking Advantage of the AVERAGE JOES at all Cost !!!... REAKS of ...WHEEW did you smell that??? GO CHARGERS!! From a friendly common foe 7/3 AAA FAN!!!! :thumb:

...Touche

2 trick points to Bayron for the witty response.

-10 trick points for taking a 29 hours to come up with it

-10 trick points for taking 16 hours to up with this

Time once again for MUSTANG MONDAY CALLOUTS, hey that could be or next radio show.

To the entire MUSTANG NATION, which I guess is only about 300 people, WHERE WERE YOU? There is no gurantee we are always going to be in the semifnals. We need you against a tough Covington team.

M.P.D.H. - we need you this Friday, Craig will be back and he needs somebody to help keep his muffins warm.

This will be my last post of the week