Lipscomb Vs. Covington

Ham83

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

The best 3A region in the state is Region 5-3A. David Lipscomb, Creek Wood, and Cheatham County are all teams that could have easily won it all in 3A this year.

7-3A has three pretty good teams in Covington, Crockett County, and Dyersburg BUT I just wonder are those teams any different that Lexington & Liberty from Region 6-3A. Lexington held on to beat a pretty good Creek Wood team 24-21 in the 2nd Round BUT when they played Lipscomb the next week they got hammered. Liberty got hammered in the first round at home by Cheatham Co.

I would have to rate the 3A regions in this state as follows:

5-3A: Lipscomb may win it all and Creek Wood and Cheatham were good.

2-3A: Livingston is still in & AE, Fulton, Knox. Catholic, and Anderson are good.

7-3A: Dyersburg got shocked & Covington and Crockett are always 3A contenders

4-3A: Greenbrier, White House, and Pearl-Cohn are all solid 3A programs

6-3A: Lexington's lone loss was vs DL & JSS and Liberty were pretty good too

3-3A: Notre Dame may be the best 3A team in the state and Polk Co. was good

8-3A: Sheffied won suprisingly over Dyersburg but Trezevant & Mitchell choked

1-3A: Carter had a dream season but got beat twice by two 2-3A teams.

The best 3A region in the state is Region 5-3A. David Lipscomb, Creek Wood, and Cheatham County are all teams that could have easily won it all in 3A this year.

7-3A has three pretty good teams in Covington, Crockett County, and Dyersburg BUT I just wonder are those teams any different that Lexington & Liberty from Region 6-3A. Lexington held on to beat a pretty good Creek Wood team 24-21 in the 2nd Round BUT when they played Lipscomb the next week they got hammered. Liberty got hammered in the first round at home by Cheatham Co.

I would have to rate the 3A regions in this state as follows:

5-3A: Lipscomb may win it all and Creek Wood and Cheatham were good.

2-3A: Livingston is still in & AE, Fulton, Knox. Catholic, and Anderson are good.

7-3A: Dyersburg got shocked & Covington and Crockett are always 3A contenders

4-3A: Greenbrier, White House, and Pearl-Cohn are all solid 3A programs

6-3A: Lexington's lone loss was vs DL & JSS and Liberty were pretty good too

3-3A: Notre Dame may be the best 3A team in the state and Polk Co. was good

8-3A: Sheffied won suprisingly over Dyersburg but Trezevant & Mitchell choked

1-3A: Carter had a dream season but got beat twice by two 2-3A teams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SORRY Catfish..Dyersburg was ROBBED by officials...A $$$$$$ JOB most likely from Reigon 5 3aaa as they are the ones with the $$$ to do so...if you refer back to my post of Dyersburg/Sheffield game thats exactly how it fared...they feared the Trojans more than anyone they thought they would faced later on down the line...You take up for region 5 3aaa like it was an even keel region..How can you say that when DL BEAT all the other teams in that region not by a few points but BIG margins..You have No Idea Whatsoever how GOOD and Competitive the teams from region 7 3aaa are...You certainly cant compare Lexington to the teams from region 7 3aaa as they were the only team from region 6aaa that would have been" somewhat" competitive with 5-6 teams from region 7 3aaa!! Thats to say Lexington would have been 4 seed if at all! .They would have had a tough game EVERY Friday night in region 7 3aaa..And the way You uphold regions 3,4,5 aaa as tho they were above the norm..NOT TRUE..they lost and thats that..No reasoning to your posts Ever..Your posts are for the most part HINDSITE(after the fact)...I do however belive DL will win the the semis and most likely the State...BUT GO CHARGERS! :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SORRY Catfish..Dyersburg was ROBBED by officials...A $$$$$$ JOB most likely from Reigon 5 3aaa as they are the ones with the $$$ to do so...if you refer back to my post of Dyersburg/Sheffield game thats exactly how it fared...they feared the Trojans more than anyone they thought they would faced later on down the line...You take up for region 5 3aaa like it was an even keel region..How can you say that when DL BEAT all the other teams in that region not by a few points but BIG margins..You have No Idea Whatsoever how GOOD and Competitive the teams from region 7 3aaa are...You certainly cant compare Lexington to the teams from region 7 3aaa as they were the only team from region 6aaa that would have been" somewhat" competitive with 5-6 teams from region 7 3aaa!! Thats to say Lexington would have been 4 seed if at all! .They would have had a tough game EVERY Friday night in region 7 3aaa..And the way You uphold regions 3,4,5 aaa as tho they were above the norm..NOT TRUE..they lost and thats that..No reasoning to your posts Ever..Your posts are for the most part HINDSITE(after the fact)...I do however belive DL will win the the semis and most likely the State...BUT GO CHARGERS! :lol:

[/quote

i will be pulling for the chargers also but i dont know if they can pull it off however i dont think dyersburg would have beat dl either but anything can happen right

The Chargers have a solid team and for the most part your right. Dyersburg, Covington, or Crockett CO each had a legitimate shot at the semis. I would have loved to have seen Lexington play in that region, but to say they would have been a 4th seed if 1 at all was crazy. They got blanked by the best team in 3A, dont get it twisted. Before that game, a game in which Kevis Buckley went out in the second quarter, Allen Threadgill played with a strained ACL, and Deshaun Smith couldnt play QB because of an injury, Lexington was 12-0 with Hardin CO. and Creekwood the only teams that had a shot to put them away in the 4th. But our season is over so I'm pulling for the Chargers all the way. But I do wish Lexington played against more foes from 7-3A. I think a Lexington vs Ripley game would be a great rivalry because everybody knows theres is still a little tension between the to 2 head coaches. They played in the jamboree and each coach was more fired up to beat the other 1 than the players were. But anyways....

GOOD LUCK CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by the Mustangs tonight. Elrod had 117 yards on the ground and Smith had 105 through the air. Two interceptions in the fourth quarter - one by Lehning and one by D. Binkley that he returned for a TD put the game away. The game was much closer than the score states.

Covington has a terrific defense. The Chargers played 7-8 players in their defensive box most of the night and the Mustangs were finally able to make them pay on two pass plays to the TE. Congrats to Coach Murphree and his team on a good season.

Hats off to the Mustangs for winning 13 in a row and making their third trip to the 'Boro in four years. Keep up the good work and make it a good week.

Edited by stampede

This was a very good game. Covington would have won had their receivers been able to hold to the ball. I believe I counted 6-7 dropped passes and two over throws to wide open recievers.

The keys to Lipscombs win were two third down conversions to keep their opening drive alive, in which they were able to get a field goal and then scoring on the opening drive of the second half. Both of those allowed the defense to play relaxed and keep the pressure on.

They will definitely have their hands full next Saturday with Livingston Academy. With quite a few injuries, if will be difficult for DL to pull out the win. LA has built momentum and confidence and their underdog rating has allowed them to gain a lot fo support. Hopefully the Mustangs can pull it all together, get healthy, and pull out the victory.

Guest catfish-hunter

Way to go David Lipscomb!!!!

Bring home a state championship for Region 5-3A next week vs LA.

Two midstate teams battling it out for a Class 3A Championship is great!!!!

As for bulldogfan, I won't even waste my time responding to that nonsense :blink: