Huntingdon @ Goodpasture

DeeVon

We will need to have another great game from "Mr. Ambercrombie & Fitch" :lol: to keep the Goodpasture D honest. I have heard they sell out against the run totally.

On D we must stop the big fullback up the middle. Goodpasture is huge and will want to control the ball and wear us down just like Fairview did back in 2002. We have to jump on them early so this isnt an option for them. Coach Pritchard is a master against the Wing-T (but one of their wingbacks is out, so they might go out of the I) I think with the skill players we have we will "GITTERDONE" but like Mr. Mustang said we arent gonna be able to throw our helmets on the field and expect Goodpasture to roll over and play dead, we will have to come out and continue to play at a high level. And I expect that they will!!!!

Mustangs 34

Cougars 20

Hey Mr. Mustang I read in the paper last night that the new world record for Krystal burgers eaten in an hour is 67, think you can match that? :lol:

Actually he did that in 12 minutes, none the less that had to be one bad dude!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Here are the facts.

1.) Goodpasture has a big O line and run the ball

2.) Huntington has a very good defense

3.) Goodpastures defense has been suspect at times, but seems to be getting better.

4.) Huntington has a better O then Goodpastures D.

5.) Huntington wins one for the public.

Capt. Truth, get another name please. I don't think you have enough of them :lol:

Attention all Mustang fans... I've got a sneeky feeling that most of ya'll think just because we beat Milan then Goodpasture will be no problem. I sure hope the Stangs don't think this way. Goodpasture has a good team evidenced by them playing in the semi's.

We'll be in hostile territory once again. We've played in some tough places the past several years and Goodpasture at home is a big unknown, for me anyway. I hope we can match the intensity that the Cougars will come out with cause they won't go down easy.

Let's tell all the Mustangs that they will be in for a tough game much like Milan. Goodpasture is big and it will take all the players playing together to gain the victory. It ain't over yet.

Go Mustangs.. Hit somebody..

Good post Mr. Mustang. Just because we beat Milan, doesn't mean the rest is all gravy. The Mustangs have to take up another notch. One game at a time Stangs. As Mr. Mustang says "Hit Somebody."

Goodpasture played an impressive second half to beat Camden while Huntingdon pulled out close to a miracle to beat Milan.

Goodpasture has won both meetings:

1999 2A finals: 31-6

1996 Semi's: 14-6

What's everybody got to say?

Well, if the game is called fair( watch out for the phantom hold Huntingdon) , I believe the mustangs are the better team. Goodpasture is big , but not very fast. Camden shot themself in the foot with 3 turnovers, but the officials only called 1 hold on Goodpasture all night. Camden had a td called back which changed the momentum of the game, but the stangs are bigger up front than Camden is, so that will help Huntingdon slow down the straight ahead running of # 44. He is durable , but slow. The goodpasture defence had better get ready for the stangs 1-2 punch out of the backfield, along with the accurate passing of Huntingdons quarterback. The game will be a good one , but Huntingdon has too much speed for Goodpasture. Huntingdon 27, Goodpasture 17

I am thinking that the 1-2 punch you talk about means # 38 being followed by #44 right up the middle that is a play they liked to run against Camden and it got them at least 5 almost everytime and talk about eating up some clock I would like to know what goodpastures time of possesion was against Camden it seemed like they had the clock all night long.

Mistakes cost us the game and I have a feeling that is what will determine this game we "camden" had very good momentum going halftime 7-6 who woulda thought it. then they scored against us we were on our way back down the field later when someone " no names" dropped the ball after he laid one heck of a hit on a defensive guy. which they capitalized on and then their guy snatched up that pass and ran it in .. I mean if you look at the score yes we got beat but I promise it was a whole different story if you were there .. we lost the game .. meaning we made the mistakes and they took over ..

I am going the easy route and not choosing but I will say that is one heck of a game I would love to be at unfortunately I have to work late

Oh by the way I was at the game "Camden/Goodpasture" and definitely heard the fans chanting the goodbye thing. Players seemed like great sportsman but the crowd :lol: well I will just say they left a little to be desired.

Didn't I read in another post that #22 ankle is broke ??

Good luck to the mustangs Friday night. I just wanted to take a minute to say that I really enjoyed this senior class. you’ve made a lot of good memories for you and me the last 4 years. We are all proud of what you’ve done win or loose Friday night. Even if you win Friday night you only have one more game left so just play like its your last play because it very well could be. Remember you will never get these times back and they are the best times of your life. some of you may never put on the pads again and next year be standing right beside the rest of us that has put on a uniform for the mustangs . So just enjoy the next few days or weeks on soak it all in because you will miss playing for the mustangs dearly when its over. GO MUSTANGS

O.K. Goodpasture scouting report.

When you see them on the field Fri Nite your going to say to yourself this team reminds me a lot of Martin Westview with one key missing ingredient.

MARKIE GUY

Yep, no one that even slightly reminds you of Mr. Guy in their backfield. Good dependable hard nose backs but none of them can make you pay with that lightning quick burst. Big Offensive line that likes to lay on you all night.

Hint, this team would be in trouble if they fall behind by a couple of TDs. Dont look like they play catch up well.

They love to pound the ball, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Occasional pass play but no prolific air attack.

If we play balanced football like we have so far throughout the playoff, control the turnovers, we should have a nice celebratory ride back from Music City late Fri Nite.

Dont overlook em boys, play every down like its the 4th QTR and your 7 points down, Seniors continue to lead your team.

Just play your game, back to the boro one game at time!!

GO BIG BLUE :lol:

Truth out,