Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

You obviously have me confused with a Riverdale fan. Quite the opposite. If you read through the Riverdale/Oak Ridge posts, you will see that I don't particularly care for Riverdale and have been picking the Cats to win all week. I just have a real problem with someone putting the whole load on one player. No, not even your precious Vice Young is a one man show. Nobody is.

Vince wasn't much today,Texas won IN SPITE of him! B)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2P,

wrong. One of those inteceptions was with 124 seconds left and down by 17 and was a desperation play. Doesn't even matter. He played as good a game as any RHS player. i was there and saw the game and neither one of you guys was there. What happened to Miller? No TD's? Lots of things didn't go as Rankin would have liked. Who was covering the OR receivers? Not Thomas. My point exactly.

Ole Dad

You are right....I wasn't there. But I heard the game...I do know that he threw one in the end zone tho from the 6 yd line....and that last week against Cookeville.... RHS came back tied and won the game in like a 3 min span. So I know they are capable of coming back and getting it done. I also know that the Mboro Commentators were doing some questioning of his decisions. so I was basing what I was saying on what I heard them say. I wasn't blaming anyone. I know RHS has a heck of an oline and they pretty much have dominated everyone like a college line. It sounds like the OR Dline was up to the challenge tho.

Miller did have 145 yds rushing.....so he did have a fairly good night. I think yall had a good game plan going in.....you never let Gaston get to the outside.

My quick take ....OAK RIDGE WAS just flat out better than we were it was NOT scotts fault both of their lines did a great job tonight the defensive lived in our backfeild tonight they were well prepared and well coached for this game and they were ready and when the best team has those intangables the team that is not quite as good will not win and that is what happened they were better and we didnt help ourselves. Great game OR good luck next week and hopefully we will see you next year

The one from the six was with 1:24 left in the game and was meaningless. Down by 17 and no time outs left and all the gas is gone. He threw for 170 yards but was playing a defense that is giving up less than 10 points a game and averaging 40. OR was pumped and the crowd (about 12,000) was in the game. I think RHS played great and it was a great game to attend. Hope to see you guys at the Boro next week.

Ole dad

You are right....I wasn't there. But I heard the game...I do know that he threw one in the end zone tho from the 6 yd line....and that last week against Cookeville.... RHS came back tied and won the game in like a 3 min span. So I know they are capable of coming back and getting it done. I also know that the Mboro Commentators were doing some questioning of his decisions. so I was basing what I was saying on what I heard them say. I wasn't blaming anyone. I know RHS has a heck of an oline and they pretty much have dominated everyone like a college line. It sounds like the OR Dline was up to the challenge tho.

Miller did have 145 yds rushing.....so he did have a fairly good night. I think yall had a good game plan going in.....you never let Gaston get to the outside.

I thought I saw him shake in a replay I saw on the news earlier but I just caught a glimse so I can't be sure. I know someone on here will know.

Ole dad

Oh I agree...and it sound slike it was a real physical game. The announcers kept talking about that OR was setting the tone early with the licks thaey were laying. I wish I could have been there....... was wondering did Rankin shake hands after the game?

A great victory for a great team. B) Congrats to the Wildcats on a super victory. We brought 4 fans down from DB to cheer you on and saw at least six others there too. It was well worth the trip although it did feel a little strange sitting on the home side for a change. Enjoyed the excitement!

See you next year from the visitor side - regular season.

And good luck next week.

The online guy picked the wrong story ... I have no idea how that got in there, but I did go back and forth on my selection.

I thought I had totally deleted my first draft, but those online gurus have a way of finding things. I think the one that ran in the printed newspaper is the one that counts ... at least I am counting it to my total. B)

well tank how about an official apology for you goin against our boys in the paper what were you thinkin you got to believe this is a great team that will go all the way