Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

Man I sure hope you can do better than that.

I would not say we were hammered by Farragut but I was saying Region 2 5A is not average as RHS said above. Farragut scored on Oak Ridge, Dobyns Bennett did as well and Ooltewah beat Cookeville 28-21, Oak Ridge 42-37, and Dobyns Bennett 20-17 all teams are very well coached that play in our region and DB is as well. Out of the eight High Schools in Region 2 5A we have four coaches that have won State Championships and thats strong. Well back to the topic great game Wildcats go get and bring back the Gold Ball to East. My father which is an ORHS Alum wished he could have been there but he had to work but I did give him the play by play.he wishes you guys the best and Roll Wildcats Roll!

I was at both FHS/OHS games and the owls were in the game until the 4th quarter each game. Just like Farragut was in the game with Oak Ridge in the 4th the 2nd game. The scores did not reflect how close the games were.

Tuff Region that has ORHS representing and doing a great job.

Go wildcats and bring home the goods.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as it pains me to say. Oak Ridge was just better than Riverdale. The Riverdale Defense is good, but the Oak Ridge O line keep them at bay almost all night long. Very few if any sacks, and Gulmire was tough at a 120 yards. OR secondary was awesome and the Defensive front Seven owned the night. Most of Millers yards came on draw plays late in the 1st half and @ the end of the game on obvious passing downs. I think the Riverdale coaches went away from him to early when they started to throw it. Riverdale's quarterback was throwing up punts. Gulmire is ten times better quarterback. Go Cats, represent East TN.

Edited by Anchorsaway

Did anyone see the runout/marchout/walkout (whatever that is they did) Sign that said, "In the 'Ship or in the 'Boro RHS Warriors own the Semifinals"

Oh yeah, I saw it. But remember we had done that prior to the game. Oak Ridge showed up and played a game that the offensive Warriors never really came to play. When those guys came through that sign, we had owned the semi final game. As a matter of fact EVERYONE (up to that point) that we had been in. But the better of the two teams in this year's semifinal game won. Gosh, it hurts to say that!

As much as it pains me to say. Oak Ridge was just better than Riverdale. The Riverdale Defense is good, but the Oak Ridge O line keep them at bay almost all night long. Very few if any sacks, and Gulmire was tough at a 120 yards. OR secondary was awesome and the Defensive front Seven owned the night. Most of Millers yards came on draw plays late in the 1st half and @ the end of the game on obvious passing downs. I think the Riverdale coaches went away from him to early when they started to throw it. Riverdale's quarterback was throwing up punts. Gulmire is ten times better quarterback. Go Cats, represent East TN.

i am shocked!!!HAHAHA

Let's keep on bragging on all these young men, cause both sides played a good game. Oak Ridge just won (finally).

As for the offical attendence I'll try to find out monday. For some reason that figure is hard to find sometimes. Maybe our AD is trying to keep the numbers from Mr. Carter and the T$$AA. My bad, that would never happen but I just had to get a dig in on the T$$AA. I will try to get the numbers. My guess would be 8500 but what do I know I'm only the cooking coach.

Edited by bounder

I don't know bounder, the seating alone is 8,000 I was told. You throw in the four deep on the fence, both hills covered, my estimate is actually closer to 11,000 ... but I was terrible in math.

Let's keep on bragging on all these young men, cause both sides played a good game. Oak Ridge just won (finally).

As for the offical attendence I'll try to find out monday. For some reason that figure is hard to find sometimes. Maybe our AD is trying to keep the numbers from Mr. Carter and the T$$AA. My bad, that would never happen but I just had to get a dig in on the T$$AA. I will try to get the numbers. My guess would be 8500 but what do I know I'm only the cooking coach.