Ridgeway @ Ravenwood

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that Ridgeway's record was 12-0-1. Is that correct? A tie?

Is Ridgeway a throwing team or a running team? 50-50? Has Ridgeway seen the type of teams that throw it 35-40 times a game? I know that Ridgeway has a great DB that was on the preseason all-state team. How is he playing? What kind of offense does Ridgeway typically run? Looking forward to a great game.

Ridgeway is very quick on defense. Their RB Crawford has excellent speed. I was more impressed with the FB #44. Very strong runner. But to be honest, the Ridgeway- Gtown came was ugly. 13 turnovers!! 8 by ridgeway, 6 fumbles and 2 int. 5 by Gtown, 2 fumbles and 2 int. If Gtown could have connected on some passes, things may have been different. They had people open but could not hit them. Give credit to Ridgeway, they took it to the Devils, but to survive next week they must hold on to the ball. Oh and forget about returning kickoffs. It's not happening. Super leg!!

Seems like you know more about Ridgeway than other posting to date. What are the main offensive sets if they are using the fullback? I-back formation with two to three wide outs and TE? Do they use the TE's? Do they go four or five wide during the game at times to keep the defense from stacking the box with seven to eight players?

You mention kickoffs returns aren’t happening. Are the kicks always in the end zone or beyond? What is the field goal range of the kicker?

If Ridgeway has the team speed as indicated, have they return any punts or kickoffs for TD?

I noticed that Ridgeway's record was 12-0-1. Is that correct? A tie?

Is Ridgeway a throwing team or a running team? 50-50? Has Ridgeway seen the type of teams that throw it 35-40 times a game? I know that Ridgeway has a great DB that was on the preseason all-state team. How is he playing? What kind of offense does Ridgeway typically run? Looking forward to a great game.

yes we tied with the team from AR (they don't play overtime in non-conference games there) we are pretty balanced offensively, although we favor running the ball, we can pass it when we need to. the db is jarrod dale and he has i think 5 picks this season after having about 10-12(?) last year, teams are jsut refusing to throw to his side of the field. what about ravenwood's D? i know they like to spread it out on O, but how is their defense? what do they line up in, top players, speed, size, etc.

Edited by rhsplaya55

yes we tied with the team from AR (they don't play overtime in non-conference games there) we are pretty balanced offensively, although we favor running the ball, we can pass it when we need to. the db is jarrod dale and he has i think 5 picks this season after having about 10-12(?) last year, teams are jsut refusing to throw to his side of the field. what about ravenwood's D? i know they like to spread it out on O, but how is their defense? what do they line up in, top players, speed, size, etc.

They have a very solid defense, and a preseason all mid-state middle linebacker, and best player, Daniel Becker who unfortunatly was injured the second game of the season and was out for about seven games, so not a lot of people who he is are unfamiliar with Ravenwood know about him. The have a five linebacker, three down lineman set, and although it was seem weird to do that, it has confused offenses all year.

Yea they do and they do it only becuase they have better linebackers than dlineman, not taking anything away from their dline or anything, but they just have some really good playmakers at linbackers. As far as their secondary goes, they solid, they cause turnovers, but have been known to give up a big play or two over the top. This defense though like i said causes turnovers, and if im not mistaken they are close to if not at the top when it comes to turnover ratio, so you wont beat this team if you have two or three turnovers, their offense is just too good.

Ridgeway you won't find out till Friday just how good of an ball player that Jennings is until you see him play. I've been saying for over a year now HE IS Mr. Football for 5-A. If your D can't contain him (you will not stop him) you won't have much chance. Wilson Pike may have a few more fans from the midstate Friday Night.